PDA

View Full Version : Chesney's "No Shoes.." debuts at #1 on Country & Pop charts

BigGfan4life
04-30-2002, 05:04 PM
According to hitsdailydouble.com, final estimates for the first-week sales of "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems" are a little over 240,000 copies sold. They think the number will actually get higher by tonight when the actual count comes in, but Kenny will hold the #1 spot on the both the Country and Pop charts either way. So, CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Kenny...the album is amazing! :)

ProducerJ
04-30-2002, 06:35 PM
Cool news! I wondered how high he'd get, when I wrote my column last weekend I'd heard he'd be number 1 country, but at that point they weren't sure where he'd be pop...

I think Country music is on a comeback!
J.

lee512w
04-30-2002, 06:41 PM
~WOOHOO~
Way to go Kenny!
Yes, the album is great!
Everytime I hear his new single,The Good Stuff,I get misty eyed!
And if you guys think we get crazy here sometimes,you should check out his website, THOSE guys are crazy!
Leelee

Paula
04-30-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by ProducerJ
Cool news! I wondered how high he'd get, when I wrote my column last weekend I'd heard he'd be number 1 country, but at that point they weren't sure where he'd be pop...

I think Country music is on a comeback!
J. Speaking of which, are we a little overdue for your latest?

I don't have Kenny's latest CD. In fact, I think I'm missing the one prior to this...I'll have to check.

Paula

lee512w
04-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Paula~
You have to get his new one~it's well worth the money:)
and his Greatest Hits was the last one he released~
that's the one that got me "hook,line and sinker" for Kenny!
Going to his concert in Atlanta in July~can't wait!
Leelee

Paula
04-30-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by lee512w
Paula~
You have to get his new one~it's well worth the money:)
and his Greatest Hits was the last one he released~
that's the one that got me "hook,line and sinker" for Kenny!
Going to his concert in Atlanta in July~can't wait!
Leelee Well, I do like the single he has out now, so I probably will. I checked, and not only do I not have his "Greatest Hits", I also don't have "Everywhere We Go".

Paula

lee512w
04-30-2002, 10:36 PM
Paula~
"Everywhere We Go" is a MUST! It's got a lot of the songs from the "Greatest Hits" on it~in fact there's one Kent Blazy wrote on it!
Do you have his first that you can't buy any longer,"In My Wildest Dreams"? I'm still looking for it,average price on E-Bay is around $100 or so,maybe I'll get lucky enough to run across it somewhere!
Leelee

Paula
04-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Nope, never heard of that one. I thought I had his first one..."All I Need To Know". I didn't realize he had one before that.

Paula

lee512w
04-30-2002, 11:21 PM
Yep,it came out in 1995 on Capricorn Records and I guess they went under or something and they pulled all the records off the shelves. Read somewhere it only sold a 1,000 copies the first week~what a difference between now and then!
Leelee

Darrell
04-30-2002, 11:55 PM
The new CD is great and without spoiling it for people who don't have it, all I will say is that a real good friend joins him for a few lines in the last song "I can't go there". A real acoustic gem of a song!

lee512w
05-01-2002, 12:07 AM
:D
Yep!
I agree!

GriggsGarthGirl
05-01-2002, 12:13 AM
Leelee, I have In My Wildest Dreams. It's an awesome album. I totally lucked out when I found it though. I was in a record store in Boston and just checked to see what they had for Kenny and a tape of IMWD was just sitting there in the bin. I couldn't believe my eyes. So I got it for $13 back in 1998. They had another one and I probably should have picked it up, but I didn't think of that at the time. I was just so excited to find one for myself! I really love that CD. It's my 2nd favorite Kenny CD my first is "I Will Stand"--that'll always be my favorite :)

ProducerJ
05-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Paula
[B]Speaking of which, are we a little overdue for your latest?
[B]
Yes you are! I nagged sugarbritches tonight, it's up now.
J.

ProducerJ
05-01-2002, 01:08 AM
BTW, the first time I met Kenny was at the St. Jude Children's research hospital in Memphis. He was very visibly moved by meeting those brave children. He gave us a great quote on camera, that went something to the effect of 'Here we are worrying about things like how high a record is going on the charts, and these kids are fighting for their lives. It really makes what we're doing seem unimportant.'

J.

Paula
05-01-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by ProducerJ

Yes you are! I nagged sugarbritches tonight, it's up now.
J. Ask and you shall receive.

Hmmmm....let me think a little about what I should ask for next.;)

Paula

fuzzwuzz
05-01-2002, 11:40 PM
Say, did anyone know Kenny has a remake of a Bruce Sprigsteen tune on there? *Boss* sent me a link to it. I haven't listened yet but I'm happy for Kenny and country music in general, because dang! it sure is making headlines more and more!

Darrell
05-02-2002, 09:29 AM
Yep the Bruce Springsteen cover is great. Certainly a highlight of the CD.

GottaB-GB
05-02-2002, 12:23 PM
Kenny's new album is awesome. I'm soooo impressed. His next single "The Good Stuff" is one of my favorites. There isn't really a song on there I don't like. One of my three fav albums to listen to daily.

Scarecrow (of course), Loving Every Minute (Mark Wills), and Kenny's new one.....

they keep me alive and kicking while I'm at work :)

Shelley

fuzzwuzz
05-02-2002, 10:46 PM
Having a number 1 record in America makes Kenny Chesney a lucky guy.

When news broke yesterday that the country star had the biggest selling record in the USA he reaction was "I'm a lucky guy."

The first week final sales tally for his No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems CD was 235,316 units.

"I don't have words for this ... it's so unreal. But I can honestly say, the fans out there, coming to the shows, they're the ones who make this all make sense. We've worked hard, trying to connect with the people and it really feels, both on the road and right now, like we've been able to do that" he says.

By Paul Cashmere

lee512w
05-03-2002, 09:31 AM
Way to go~Kenny!!
:D

fuzzwuzz
05-03-2002, 01:44 PM
...according to the Country Weekly review:

[b]Kenny Chesney is only 34 years old - but on his sixth album, this still-young man sounds preoccupied with the unstoppable passage of time, with the impossibility of recapturing youth or retrieving vanished hopes...Fully half the songs are about the elusive pleasures and lingering consequences of the past - It's yesterday again here inside my mind, he sings on "I Remember," one of several tunes that fixate on regret...But the album leaves us with a sprawling rendition of Bruce Springsteen's spellbounding snapshot of love painfully dying, "One Step Up."...No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems is the sound of a man taking a long, hard look at where he's been, and where he's going. Listen in, and you can do the same.[/quote]Funny, but as I read that it brings to mind Chris Gaines "That's the Way I Remember It." I also read that Kenny said this album comes very close to who Kenny is as a person.