PDA

View Full Version : Michael W. Smith wins the Dove for artist of the year!

fuzzwuzz
04-25-2002, 11:08 PM
I love you Smitty! You rock!!!

He had a hard time not crying with emotion but he insisted it wasn't because he won the award he was holding but because how God has brought us so much closer together since Sept. 11th and the awesome week gathered for gospel music that brought further unity. He acknowledged his album Worship may be why he won but what was important to him was how it was being used of God to heal us. He thanked God for taking a West Virginian "runt" and giving him a platform and that his prayer right now is that he could pour himself out into others. I can testify he has done that for me for all the years he's been singing and recording. Looking back, seeing Smitty live was probably the closest I'll ever come to the energy of a Garth concert. Sometimes I almost think I didn't miss as much of Garth as I thought. Afterall, Wayne Kirkpatrick co-wrote most of Michael's hits!

fuzzwuzz
04-26-2002, 10:29 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers today Smitty. Thanks for being so faithful to our Lord through the music we all love. God bless, Dale R.