PDA

View Full Version : Tragic News

DriftinAway
04-20-2002, 11:31 PM
The lead singer of grunge band, Alice In Chains, was found dead in his home. He was 34 years old. My estranged husband and I are big AIC fans and it was sad and shocking to hear of Layne Staley's passing. :(
At first, it could not be confirmed if it was him or not, due to decomposing, but early this evening, it was confirmed to be him.
If you are a fan of AIC, then you know the tremendous loss that the music community has suffered. The man was talented, though riddled with demons to battle. To his family and surviving band mates, my prayers are with you. To his fans, my prayers are also with you.

Jillybean

Jude
04-21-2002, 07:13 AM
That is tragic news. I'm sorry but not heard of AIC - but still tragic.

Jude

CheyenneWindRoper
04-22-2002, 09:21 PM
I too am not familiar with this group...but, like Jude, I thing any loss like this is horrible and sad! I will say a prayer for him and his family!

Huggs,
Mary Liz

DriftinAway
05-07-2002, 11:13 PM
Go to this link if you are interested in anything further on Layne Staley...
http://www.vh1.com/news/stories/1453818.jhtml

It is very sad that he couldn't get help with this problem. Even sadder that he died alone and it took two weeks for anyone to care that you were missing
:(:(:(:(:(

Paula
05-08-2002, 08:51 AM
That's horrible...to be missing for two weeks and not have anyone realize it!

Paula

bluestocket
05-08-2002, 10:58 AM
Yes, I do agree. Imagine how lonely you must have been before when no one cares for you for 2 weeks? Here in Germany we had last year some news about an older man who was dead 6 months in his apartment. He lived in a house with over 50 apartments. On his window there was still a Xmas Tree, in SUMMER! No one missed him, no one wondered why that tree was still standing, no one cared he didn't pay electricity, they just turned it off. No one cared that he didn't pay his rent, that he never appeared in the house anymore. Isn't that unbelievable in a country which is proud of its civilisation????
*blue*