PDA

View Full Version : Tricia on ACM's

ProducerJ
04-18-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey, have we talked about Tricia performing on the ACM's next month? I didn't imagine that, did I? Any guesses as to what she'll sing?
J.

TammyLS
04-19-2002, 11:45 AM
No you didn't imagine it--and its GREAT!! Trisha is singing--YEA!! I'm Really hoping she'll sing I Don't Paint Myself into Corners---that would be EXCELLENT!! And its such a great examply of what she can do with that Voice... I also pray, and pray that she WINS! She deserves to! I can't wait to see her!

AngelTrisha9
04-19-2002, 06:38 PM
I don't want to get my hopes up and then be disapointed cause she doesn't win, but I do hope she sings CORNERS too!!!! That song is soooooo cool! And it's gonna be heaven if she sings it... wheater she win or lose.

Teaser210
04-20-2002, 12:11 AM
Paint is the frontrunner of all the guesses. She already sang Melancholy Blue on the CMA's, so I doubt she'd repeat. I'd love to hear her do something totally new and amaze and impress the entire world. Maybe a new Harlan Howard song? Nevermind, just me daydreaming.

Terry

AngelTrisha9
04-20-2002, 01:31 AM
you mean something like the last song he wrote before he died? (Sorry for the crude way that was said, but couldn't find anotherone...) or just one we never heard as a tribute? But she might do a repeat, who knows, she did one for ISLYM, although she sang it first and the ACM'S and then at the CMA's and that performance was more classy... although I don't think she can do more classy than what she did on the CMA's for MB.

Teaser210
04-21-2002, 02:06 AM
Yes, I definitely meant a song Trisha hasn't sung on any albums, but one Harlan wrote before he died. I haven't heard of anyone channeling Harlan from the other side. You'd think the ACM's and CMA's would do a tribute to Harlan this year ,and even the Grammy's.

TammyLS
04-22-2002, 12:28 PM
A never before heard song would be okay, but I'd hope she'd sing a song from IO and hopefully boost MORE people to Buy it! I WANT it to go Platninum sooo bad!
As for the Tribute to Harlan, that would be sweet, but there were sooo many wonderful artists, songwriters that passed away this year, I'm not sure how they'd manage that...but like at the one show(I can't remember which one) where they acknowledged the memories of many of those who've passed one...that would be nice to do again. Its one thing about country music that I love--the closeness of the people to each other and the fans, like one big family...I mean who else has anything like the Opry?

fuzzwuzz
04-25-2002, 02:40 AM
Tammy, I guess country music is like that Chicken Soup for the Country Soul song, where we gather "In the Shade of the Family Tree, for it don't matter what we've come to be. There's a healing love in the breeze, in the shade of the family tree." :)

Jen19
04-25-2002, 11:05 AM
I heard on the radio by the songwritter of the song, that "I don't paint myself into Couners anymore" will be her next single so she may sing that (it is a beautifull song) or she may just do "I would have loved you anyway"

of course Garth could show up and they could do SMI...:)

JEN

GBronx
04-25-2002, 12:24 PM
Hi All, I heard on my almost defunct station this morning that Trisha is going to be at Westbury Music Fair in August. Any one have the scoop??

JoAnn

TammyLS
04-25-2002, 01:14 PM
JoAnn, yes she is at the Westbury Music Fair on August 17 and tickets went on sale yesterday, April 24...I wish I could go for I'm sure it'll be a Blast! If you go--Enjoy!
Fuzzwuzz, I Love that song! Thanksf or pointing that out, and I agree, no matter where they come from, once they are into country music--especially a member of the Opry, they are among family...that is soo cool! To bad I can't sing to save my life!

LVGB4EVER
04-25-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey, have we talked about Tricia performing on the ACM's next month? I didn't imagine that, did I? Any guesses as to what she'll sing?
J.

HMMMMM I think we have a spelling mistake here *LOL*

This is how you spell her name...T-R-I-S-H-A there ya go :)

Sue

fuzzwuzz
04-25-2002, 10:53 PM
Tammy, I can't sing either but 'neath the shade of the family tree singing it together as one would truly be the sound of heaven don't ya think? :) see ya there! ;)

Teaser210
04-26-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by GBronx
Hi All, I heard on my almost defunct station this morning that Trisha is going to be at Westbury Music Fair in August. Any one have the scoop??

JoAnn I got tickets to both Westbury and Poughkeepsie. Westbury uses a revolving stage, so I'm expecting to hear a few dizzy blonde jokes that night. I almost passed on Westbury, but then figured an August fix would be sweet, even with the goofy stage. I've never experienced this arrangement before, do the speakers rotate with the stage?

Terry

GBronx
04-26-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Teaser210
I got tickets to both Westbury and Poughkeepsie. Westbury uses a revolving stage, so I'm expecting to hear a few dizzy blonde jokes that night. I almost passed on Westbury, but then figured an August fix would be sweet, even with the goofy stage. I've never experienced this arrangement before, do the speakers rotate with the stage?

Terry

Terry, the speakers a part of the sound system. Some artist think they know better and use their own and the sound is terrible. (Dwight Yokam did this). But Trisha is a class act as you know. It is a great venue!!

JoAnn

ProducerJ
04-28-2002, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Jen19
of course Garth could show up and they could do SMI...:)
Garth told a friend of mine last night that he hadn't made a decision on going to the ACM's yet....
J.