PDA

View Full Version : Garth's Travels

GarthnTrisha
04-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Well...as everyone knows, I'm not here to start problems but, I am curious.

I was checking around with people who I know from Nashville and people who were in Nashville this weekend and I heard GARTH WAS EVERYWHERE! The first people I talked to said that they saw him in Opryland, where Trisha was, of course getting her award. He was said to be waitingo outside with 2 women, who looked like his assistants, taking pictures. Next, Garth was spotted at the Pancake Pantry, eating and speaking to Clay Walker afterwards. Another person told me that he was outside the Bluebird, where Pat Alger was playing at the time. What's going on?! How come this is the first time I've heard anything!? Is this all speculation? Or was Garth REALLY in NASHVILLE THIS WEEKEND?!

PJ
04-09-2002, 01:58 PM
I'm sure if any PGers happened to see Garth they would let us know.

GottaB-GB
04-09-2002, 02:39 PM
I was sitting close enough to Trisha, that I coulda counted the strands of hair on her head. Garth was not sitting next to her, I would have seen him. He was not with her.

Shelley

allisonv7
04-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by GottaB-GB
I was sitting close enough to Trisha, that I coulda counted the strands of hair on her head.

So how many is it?

:p

allison.

GottaB-GB
04-09-2002, 03:03 PM
I never finished counting the program wasn't long enough

;-)

Rebslp
04-09-2002, 03:10 PM
Shelley,

Did she sing at the event? or did they show any kind of clips?

Luck you :)

Rebslp
04-09-2002, 03:11 PM
oops!, I meant Lucky you :)

GottaB-GB
04-09-2002, 03:13 PM
they did show some stuff from her career.......the inside out video, and some OLD pics which she made some jokes about..something about a hairdo that didn't quite work out......she's so funny :) It was a very nice ceremony.

she did not sing live at all.

Shelley

PJ
04-09-2002, 04:36 PM
What was this ceremony/award for?

GottaB-GB
04-09-2002, 05:00 PM
This was in the email I got.

The Distinguished Alumni Award is awarded to members of Phi Theta Kappa that have made a significant contribution to society. Oceanographer Dr. Sylvia
Earle and former Mayor of St. Louis Clarence Harmon received the award in 2000.