PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Mattingly alert! Details here!

ProducerJ
04-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Remember when I told you a couple of weeks ago about Dolly Parton putting together a band - and Jimmy was her fiddler?

Yesterday they announced the details! Check it out at http://www.cmt.com/news/feat/dparton.040802.jhtml and be watching for Dolly to come to your area!

Cool!
J.

diem nash
04-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Go getŽem, Jimmy-Boy!!!

:D

I hope, heŽll have a lot of fun and a damn good time!!!

Was just a matter of time, till everybody would notice his talent!

Thanks for sharing!

:D

Maddy

fuzzwuzz
04-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Halos and Horns includes Parton's version of Led Zeppelin's classic "Stairway to Heaven," which she says she approached in the same way she did "Shine" on the current album. Originally done by rock group Collective Soul, Parton's version of "Shine" won a Grammy in February for best female country vocal performance.

Also on the new project, which she produced herself at Southern Sound Studios in Knoxville, Tenn., Parton covers Bread's wistful hit ballad "If," from 1971, in up-tempo bluegrass style.

The rest of the songs are Parton originals, many of them inspirational numbers such as "Hello God." "I try to stay very attached to God," she explains. "I go on with a bunch of junk, and I look like a big phony, but hopefully, I'm very real.

"We're all just sinners," she continues. "We're all trying to find it, but we all have to believe in something bigger and better, and I do. So, I always try to give my respect," she says, looking upward, "to where it really goes."
Dolly is for real alright. Anyone who can take Collective Soul's "Shine" and perk up this CSoul fan's ears to the bluegrass sound for the first time BEFORE the Soggy Bottom Boys got to me? Well, she did an almost miracle! Lol! I'm proud of her she got the Grammy for her version too, even if theirs didn't. She deserved it. For just attempting it. It paid off!!

"Oh, heaven let your light Shine down!"

Yukongirls
04-10-2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks Joyce for the tidbit about Jimmy! :D

We are going to try really hard to go and see him this summer even if it means traveling out of state. Our goal is to meet Jimmy and Garth this year since we met the rest of the band guys last year. :D

Leanne & Michelle

mistydawn42450
04-11-2002, 10:32 AM
DID JIMMY LEVE GARTH. HE SHOULD HAVE SDTAIED WITH IF HE DID LEAVE HIM.

BigGfan4life
04-11-2002, 04:34 PM
So Jimmy isn't with Rascal Flatts anymore?? DARN!! I was hoping he'd be there when I see them in May :(

Yukongirls
04-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Garth retired from touring. Jimmy has to do something he can't wait around on the g-man to come back. Cause it sounds like it is going to be a while. :(

He left Rascal Flatts band in September. But you will still have lots of fun at the show. They are pretty good. :)

L&M