PDA

View Full Version : It is killing me!!

gbsangel7
04-08-2002, 01:41 PM
It is killing me. Has wnyone heard how Trisha's award wnet of Thursday. Was Garth there with her????

Angel

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Garth was NOT with Trisha at the event.

:)
Jason

Mighty Mike
04-08-2002, 02:45 PM
Jason, How do you know that?

Mighty Mike
04-08-2002, 02:50 PM
And I might add, is Garth nuts? If I had a hot babe like Trisha, I wouldn't let her go no place without me.

Originally posted by Chris Gaines
Garth was NOT with Trisha at the event.

:)
Jason

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Mighty Mike
Jason, How do you know that? I know that because I know someone that went to the event. :)

She will probably post on the event in the next few days or so... all I can say right now about it is that it was very very "classy" event :)

Jason

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 03:07 PM
it was not well covered by the media.. there was very very few, if any at all media in attendance, which is why it's hard to find anything on what happened there. :(

Jason

TrishaNGarthFan
04-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Maybe Garth was back stage or out of sight where nobody could see him?

Originally posted by Chris Gaines
it was not well covered by the media.. there was very very few, if any at all media in attendance, which is why it's hard to find anything on what happened there. :(

Jason

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by TrishaNGarthFan
Maybe Garth was back stage or out of sight where nobody could see him?there is no "Backstage"

Garth was not in Nashville at all.
Jason

ProducerJ
04-08-2002, 03:38 PM
This award was given at a private convention of the Phi Theta Kappa's, it wasn't open to the media. Trisha's publicists haven't put out any press on it at all, and even her official website has nothing on it yet.

Dare I say that's the difference between Garth Nutts and Trisha Troopers. Had it been Garth getting the award (and it was a few weeks ago,) we'd have had half a dozen eyewitness accounts the next day. We get spoiled here on the Planet.
J.

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 03:50 PM
Joyce,

People was allowed in from the Media.. so ya know :x
the Phi's was taking "media requests for attendance" if contacted.

Jason

ProducerJ
04-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Bad grammar aside, that proves my point that it wasn't "open to the media." So, there's no reason to be sad because there isn't more media coverage. That's obviously how the organizers intended it.

We should be happy that it wasn't a circus of photographers and reporters asking nosy questions about her love life on such a nice night.
J.

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 04:28 PM
True Joyce,

but you'd think they wouldda asked at least one local media type there.. to get it in papers about the award etc.. but that's okay :)

Jason

ProducerJ
04-08-2002, 04:35 PM
I would guess - purely guessing - that because it was the local paper that "outted" Garth and Trisha the week before they weren't welcome. I'm still really surprised there's nothing at TrishaYearwood.com.
J.

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by ProducerJ
I would guess - purely guessing - that because it was the local paper that "outted" Garth and Trisha the week before they weren't welcome. I'm still really surprised there's nothing at TrishaYearwood.com.
J.
Very true.. never know.. I guess...

I just as surprised her "official" site didn't mention anything, I don't know.. did they even mention at all she was to receive the award?
Her news page has news all over the place LOL

Jason

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 05:10 PM
from TrishaYearwood.com (http://www.trishayearwood.com)
Trisha To Be Honored At International Convention

On Thursday, April 4th, Trisha will be presented the 2002 Most Distinguished Alumna Award during the Opening Ceremonies of the Phi Theta Kappa 84th International Convention at Opryland Hotel in Nashville. During her years spent at Young Harris College in Young Harris, Georgia, Trisha was a member of the Lambda Alpha Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa. Since that time, she has enjoyed a decade of success, selling over 15 million albums worldwide.

Yep it there at the very top too .. sheesh.. no update :(
Jason

Chris Gaines
04-08-2002, 05:23 PM
However the Phi Theta Kappa's site did have a great article on her :)
=====================
Grammy-Winning Alumna Honored at International Convention

Inducted into Lambda Alpha Chapter at Georgia's Young Harris College on January 31, 1983, Trisha Yearwood took the country music scene by storm in 1991 with the release of "She's In Love With the Boy." Her newest album, Inside Out, celebrates Yearwood's 10th anniversary in the music business. The decade has been marked by wide acclaim, huge sales accomplishments and many awards, but the singer says her greatest satisfaction has come from within.

"The things that I bring to the table are, hopefully, songs that I believe have integrity," comments the woman who has immortalized "The Song Remembers When," "Wrong Side of Memphis," "Believe Me Baby (I Lied)" and "How Do I Live," among others. "I'm more comfortable with my voice than I've ever been. I think I am a more 'relaxed' singer than I used to be. And that comes out in the 'energy' I hear on this record. Then there's the group of people that I like to have around me on an album, people like Don Henley, Kim Richey, Andrew Gold and Matraca Berg. That's my crowd, people that make me feel like this is a 'Trisha Yearwood' record."

After graduating from Young Harris College, Yearwood transferred into the music business program at Belmont University in Nashville. She worked her way up on Music Row, starting as an intern at MTM Records, then moving to the front desk. Gradually she began singing demos for songwriters -- an experience that she would draw heavily on when it came time to pick songs for her own recordings. Soon she moved on up to background vocals on master sessions.

Trisha's nine albums to date include three Gold Record winners, four Platinum awardees, a Double Platinum seller and a Triple Platinum blockbuster. She won back-to-back CMA Awards as country's Female Vocalist of the Year in 1997 and 1998. During her decade in the spotlight she has been honored with three Grammy Awards and dozens of other trophies. She has sung at the Academy Awards, the Olympics and the Library of Congress.

"I just flat out love to sing. . . If you really feel it, other people will hopefully feel it too. But even if nobody's listening, I will do it forever," said Yearwood.

Yearwood will receive a 2002 Most Distinguished Alumna Award during the International Convention's Opening Ceremonies Thursday evening, April 4.

ProducerJ
04-08-2002, 05:40 PM
LOL you just never know who might be reading PG... :):):)

They just put out a press release on her award. I posted it in it's own thread. Hopefully they'll send pictures to the wire services.
J.

gbsangel7
04-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Thanks you guys. As usual you are full of information. They evidentally did keep the media out, nothing was said about it.

Thanks

Angel

AngelTrisha9
04-09-2002, 02:17 AM
Chiras, that,s an old Trisha interview.. (Sorry!didN,t mean to be rude!) And official site.. I like Stacey and Stephanie, Really, I do, but for updates... And there was no one of the Tribe attending... I don,t think there's anybody of the tribe living in Nville, but if it had been an open event, I know a few folks who would have been there, but it wasn't so....

Teaser210
04-09-2002, 05:04 AM
LOL Annie, tell us how you really feel! I know you're holding back. You are so right, sometimmes it's the fans nudging TY.com for info or even more often, supplying the info. Maybe Trisha's not paying them enough to make them consistantly proactive? Sometimes they are, but not usually. Seems the quarterly TY post is overdue. Geesh, nudge, nudge...oops, wrong forum.

Chris Gaines
04-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ProducerJ
LOL you just never know who might be reading PG... :):):)LOL .. please...

it was there first day back home since it ended on Sunday.. don't give PG too much credit LOL

Jason

AngelTrisha9
04-09-2002, 12:56 PM
Terry, I don't wanna get into that subject, remeber what happen last time I did? I'm not stupid enough to go back onto it!

TammyLS
04-09-2002, 03:20 PM
I'd say one reason there hasn't been much said on TY.com is that it was a private affair. One difference I've noticed about Garth and Trisha is that Garth thrives on press and Trisha keeps a long profile, therefore she maybe hasn't authorized Stephanie and Stacey to release anything about it, being that it was a small, private affair. Just my opinion. As for Trisha fans not being there--that IS a bummer! Glad we have other people to look towards for information!