PDA

View Full Version : Movie questions?

ThankGod4Garth
07-07-1999, 09:06 AM
<BR>Hey--<P>Does anyone know how much screen time Chris aka Garth will have in this movie? Whoelse is supposed to play in it?<P>Thanks :)N

BigGfan4life
07-07-1999, 05:45 PM
I am certainly hoping that since the movie is based on the life of Chris Gaines, Garth will be in it all the time! :)N

ThankGod4Garth
07-07-1999, 07:15 PM
I hope he has a lot of screen time too :D I just wondered if the movie focused more on the stalker and had Chris as a more minor character. I wasn't sure if anybody had heard anything about it yet. N

Cheryl
07-07-1999, 07:25 PM
I remember reading or hearing awhile back that Garth said that Chris Gains is not the lead role in the movie......that the obsessed fan was. I would still think that Garth will get plenty of screen time, tho..... :) Garth is certainly gonna have us all dying of curiousity by the time this movie finally gets released! :)N

Paula
07-08-1999, 03:26 AM
I remember hearing the same thing as Cheryl, that the lead role will be the stalker and not Chris Gaines.<P>This will be the first time in my life that I will go to a movie on opening day. :) I usually wait for them to come to my local theater, which is just about the time it gets released to video.<P>PaulaN

ThankGod4Garth
07-08-1999, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the info guys :) I was also thinking that it is sort of weird that we already know how the movie ends. Does it give anyone else the creeps that Garth will be playing the role, given how the movie ends? N

kristen166
07-08-1999, 11:44 AM
I think I read in an article and it said the movie will start with the murder and most of the roles for Chris Gaines would be interviews and concert footage, however I am not sure though. I would think Chris Gaines role will be throughout the movie but kinda in a past perspective maybe. :)N

ThankGod4Garth
07-08-1999, 02:48 PM
hmmm. I hadn't heard that. Thanks for catching me up :). The whole murder thing still gives me the creeps though. I hope they don't actually show it. If the part were being played by anyone else, it wouldn't bother me so much. I'm so torn, I love that Garth is giong to be in a movie, but I don't want his first character to be a murder victim. Maybe he'll look and sound so different that it won't bother me too much. N

redstrokes77
07-08-1999, 04:49 PM
My guess is that they set up the movie like a murder mystery. In the L.A. Times article says<P>" the film's structure, which sounds similar to the life-in-review construction of "Citizen Kane" The Lamb unfolds after the mysterious death of Gaines, and the singer is seen primarily in concert and interview snippets.<P>The film follows a fan of the singer who suspects that Gaines died of foul play and she begins working back through the chapters of his life...."<P>Hope this helps!!N

Brooks7
07-13-1999, 08:38 AM
LET ME PLAY THE FAN<P>LET ME PLAY THE FAN<P>LET ME PLAY ANY PART, HE MUST HAVE A GIRLFREIND OR WIFE IN THE MOVIE, <P>I WILL DO ANYTHING, <P>I'LL BE THE MURDERER, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE<P>SORRY JUST AN IMPULSE, HAD TO GET IT OUT, DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I'M DESPERATEN

Gbfan1
07-13-1999, 08:58 AM
Citizen Kane was #1 on AFI's 100 film lists. I wonder if this movie can do have that kind of effect? Hey if the <I>LA Times</I> says that it is like Citizen Kane, The Lamb may be as good!<P>It has that dark mysterious shroud around it doesn't it. OOOOW, what a tease! I am so exited about this. I think once radio play starts of "Lost in You" and the the album comes out interest will snowball!!!!!!!!<P>--------------------------------------------------<P>Hey I'll be in the movie if there are people as exentric as some people who posted above me (hint hint ;) )!<P>Glenn<BR>N

Brooks7
07-13-1999, 09:22 AM
I'm not exentric, just crazyN

ThankGod4Garth
07-13-1999, 11:44 AM
LOL you guys are too funny :) One other thing worries me though-- there is so much hype surrounding the movie. That can be a bad thing. Sometimes people's expectations get so high that the real thing can't possibly live up to the expectation. What do you guys think about it? Do you think they should be more careful about the promoting? Also, no one knows who else might be in the movie? I hope they get some really good actors. <P> One more thing, I think it would have been cool to see Garth as the obssessed fan. Now he'd be scarey. Just look at "the thunder roles" video. :::shivers::: N

Pilgrim
07-13-1999, 12:53 PM
I don't think it will be anything like Citizen Kane :o<BR>If you see on the movies Jeb Stuart (screenplay writer) has had a hand in earlier it is movies like 48 Hours, Die Hard, Leviathan, Another 48 Hrs, The Fugitive, Outbreak and Fire Down Below (where he did the story "all" by himself).<BR>When I see these movies I don't think of Orson Welles :)<P>BrianN

redstrokes77
07-13-1999, 02:04 PM
Hey Pilgrim!<P> I don't think they're comparing the film to Orson Wells but to the type of plot line where the main character is already dead or is dying and we see the film from the perspective of the people who knew him. In the film "Citizen Kane" it centered around Orson Wells last word "rosebud" and the characters in the movie tried to find out "who" Rosebud was. In this case I think they're trying to find out if the character Chris Gaines was murdered and if so why. N

fuzzwuzz
05-26-2002, 01:10 AM
Maybe she's the fan Chris is counting on to save him?