PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Lawson

Lowell Miller
03-27-2002, 01:22 PM
Anybody have this CD? I may have to get this one...his song "Goodbye on a bad day" is very cool. :cool: If you haven't heard it listen for it. :)

GriggsGarthGirl
03-27-2002, 05:40 PM
I love Shannon's debut single as well. I think his CD will be released on June 4th. That's the date I heard anyways. Can't wait to hear more from him.

ProducerJ
03-27-2002, 07:53 PM
I love this single! Every time it comes on, it catches my attention. I haven't seen a cd on him yet, but I hope the rest of his stuff is that good!
J.

Lowell Miller
03-28-2002, 11:37 AM
June 4th!!! Why do record companies do that? I've been listening to the song alot..by then I will probably be tired of the song. This has happened so many times. I wanna buy the CD when I hear the song and I'm interested. I know "they" -the record company....thinks it builds up anticipation for the CD. (And it probably will) But I don't think that's the way to go...you may not have as big of a sales burst when the CD comes out. But... I think if you add up the total sales with an earlier release it would be higher. (For the specific period) The sales would continue to grow with the popularity of the artiest. And you wouldn't lose those people who just can't wait two months to buy the CD. Some people are fickle... :p

J... I still have to send you that cd...I should have told you I was slow. :(

ProducerJ
03-28-2002, 02:04 PM
As long as you haven't forgotten me. :)

As for why they do it... the single is sort of a test. If they are a successful artist, they'll put the single out a few weeks ahead of time to do exactly as you said... build interest for the new album.

For new artists..... they use the single to gage reaction to their artist. It's not unheard of for an artist to put out 2 or 3 singles before you get an album, because they're re-tooling and re-tooling the album. You'll notice that release dates on albums will change too, because they go in and tweak a few songs, rearrange the artwork, or whatever. Sometimes it's just a matter of th timing not being right.

There was someone recently, and I want to say it was Steve Holy but I could be wrong, who put out about 3 singles and when the 3rd one was a hit they finally put out an album.
J.