PDA

View Full Version : Garth And Trisha Singing Again By Garth's Request

fuzzwuzz
03-26-2002, 01:25 AM
Did you all see this on the Garthbox or countrystars.com ? The title seems kinda misleading though.

When Garth Brooks was preparing to record his current album he was on the lookout for a duet to sing with Trisha Yearwood.
"I can't imagine a Garth Brooks album without Trisha Yearwood," Garth told us, "because when you look at the album, the number of songs on each album, and then the number of songs in the career, I'll betcha Trisha sang on probably 75% of our music as a background vocalist or as a duet partner."
This time Garth says he was glad to find a kicker for them to sing.
"We've always done the ballads from "In Another's Eyes" to "Where Your Road Leads" to "Wild Is the Wind." And now comes our very first upbeat thing 'Squeeze Me In.'" Question is, is the duet single a signal that a duet album is pending? No, nothing's changed on that front says a spokesperson for Garth.

fuzzwuzz
03-26-2002, 01:32 AM
She sure did a sassy "Santa Claus is Back in Town" on his Garth Brooks & The Magic of ChristmasNBC '99 special at the Rainbow Room! Watched it today.

Do the Trisha fans here like her getting sassy with Garth via music? Did Trisha get her %75 share of the credt on Garth's cd's? I'm gonna have to go back and reread ALL the liner notes! See if Garth is right about that figure. Must be though, if he says so.

TrishaNGarthFan
03-26-2002, 01:56 AM
I for one LOVE Trisha getting sassy with Garth! I have been waiting for them to do something like SMI. The ballads are good too, but SMI is the best IMO.

And thanks for that quote from Garth, about Trisha and Scarecrow!

TammyLS
03-26-2002, 03:10 PM
I to love Trisha getting sassy period! And with Garth there is definately a fun note there! I love it! I'd say Trisha was on that percentage of Garths cds...credit? Well they both talk about being on each others albums, and I think that is cool. I also love how Garth says he can't imagine a Garth Cd withOut Trisha on it...

Teaser210
03-26-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by fuzzwuzz
She sure did a sassy "Santa Claus is Back in Town" on his Garth Brooks & The Magic of ChristmasNBC '99 special at the Rainbow Room! Watched it today.

Do the Trisha fans here like her getting sassy with Garth via music? Did Trisha get her %75 share of the credt on Garth's cd's? I'm gonna have to go back and reread ALL the liner notes! See if Garth is right about that figure. Must be though, if he says so. Oh Yeah! I love Trisha's sassy side, and I love when she jokes around with Garth. Trish's known to have a great sense of humor. Kim Richey said Trisha has been known to get people to snort pop through the nose. Timing is everything.

I heard Garth say because Trisha sang on 75% of his songs she deserved 75% of the credit. It's great Trisha's always made time to support Garth on his albums. Is she on any of the Chris Gaines albums? Be hilarious if she had and used a pseudonym on there.

Terry Lynn

TrishaNGarthFan
03-26-2002, 06:03 PM
Terry,

Trisha contributed to Chris Gaines in helping to write the song "Main Street."

I think its one of the better songs on that CD. Have you heard it?
To date there is only 1 CG album, Chris Gaines Greatest Hits....its awesome!

fuzzwuzz
03-27-2002, 01:14 AM
What do you mean only one? What about the 5 albums before Chris Gaines Greatest Hits?!

Teaser210
03-27-2002, 12:01 PM
That's way funny Fuzzwuzz, I'm such a newbie when it comes to Chris Gaines, that you made me look it up! :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does Garth remind anyone else of Dillon singing "Main Street"? Except I can understand the words with Garth singing :) I haven't got the album yet but I have listened to "Main Street", and it's a cool song, and in the lyrics I can hear a pattern that's repeated in many of Trisha's songs.

Terry Lynn

fuzzwuzz
03-28-2002, 01:04 AM
Terry Lynn, I should very much like to hear the pattern myself then! Can you describe it?

Thanks, Dale

smitten
03-28-2002, 01:30 AM
Woops - wrong thread LOL

Annette

Teaser210
03-28-2002, 09:11 PM
First of all, let me say these are my interpretations and may or may not be relevent for anyone else. Main Street is written generally and I'm sure many different interpretations live in there.

There were two sets of lyrics that felt so familiar from Main Street. The first pattern lept out at me right off the bat:

Never did the things I thought I would
Woulda left just didn't know I could

That reminded me so much of "I'm Still Alive" from RLW:

I guess I fooled everybody
Said I'd love you till the day that I die
Even if you didn't love me
Sorry baby, I guess I lied
You're gone and I'm still alive

To me people make changes once they get past their fears and discover how to do something different than they had been doing.

The other familiar pattern seems more subtle to me:

If things don't work like they should
It ain't for better but it's for good

Trisha talks often about learning from your mistakes. That's the theme of "Walkaway Joe". ...it's for good could mean learning from mistakes. And I sense a similar idea in "I Would've Loved You Anyway", that even though I've lived through pain and taken lots of crap, this is where I'm supposed to be and I would've loved you anyway.

Also, these Main Street lyrics remind me both of "RLW" (the song) as well as IO's "For A While":
In my dreams, I've seen
Things that only seem to happen on the silver screen
When it's over there's no walking out
Cuz I've been all they talk about
Cuz what ain't goin' down
On Main Street

Anyway that's how it strikes me, but 6 month's from now I'm liable to say what was I thinking! :rolleyes:

fuzzwuzz
03-29-2002, 12:19 AM
Teaser, that was really good. You make me want to play Main Street over again and again. Wish I had the time to get into all the music I never loved. Yet, I fear I've already gotten myself in way over my head already!! So many 'lovers' so little time!! Lol!