PDA

View Full Version : Award

andie
03-25-2002, 10:12 AM
I read that Trisha is supposed to get an award from her college she attended ,anyone have any information on this? Thanks

ProducerJ
03-25-2002, 12:04 PM
Here you go Andie. Why did I think Trisha had gone to Belmont?
J.

-------------------------------
Grammy-winning entertainer Trisha Yearwood and Dr. Patch Adams will speak to an eager crowd of Phi Theta Kappa members next month at the 84th International Convention in Nashville, Tennessee!

A member of Phi Theta Kappa from Young Harris College in Young Harris, Georgia, Trisha Yearwood will receive a 2002 Most Distinguished Alumna Award during the Opening Ceremonies Thursday evening, April 4.

allisonv7
03-25-2002, 12:31 PM
You're not the only one, I thought she had gone to Belmont too....I think she's spoke there a few times, maybe that's why I was under that impression.

allison.

Greeny
03-25-2002, 12:34 PM
she did go to Belmont she transfered there so she could be in Nashville and still stay in school...smart girl! :)

ProducerJ
03-25-2002, 02:06 PM
Cool! Thanks Greeny for the info!
J.

TammyLS
03-25-2002, 02:58 PM
Yes, Trisha started out at Young Harris, but it just didn't feel right to her, she decided she needed to at least try the music thing and therefore transferred to Belmont...giving her a place to stay and a reason to be there while she found out more about the singing thing and music business....thank god she did!

Garth_FANtasizer
03-25-2002, 02:59 PM
Grammy-Winning Alumna Honored at International Convention

Inducted into Lambda Alpha Chapter at Georgia's Young Harris College on January 31, 1983, Trisha Yearwood took the country music scene by storm in 1991 with the release of "She's In Love With the Boy." Her newest album, Inside Out, celebrates Yearwood's 10th anniversary in the music business. The decade has been marked by wide acclaim, huge sales accomplishments and many awards, but the singer says her greatest satisfaction has come from within.

"The things that I bring to the table are, hopefully, songs that I believe have integrity," comments the woman who has immortalized "The Song Remembers When," "Wrong Side of Memphis," "Believe Me Baby (I Lied)" and "How Do I Live," among others. "I'm more comfortable with my voice than I've ever been. I think I am a more 'relaxed' singer than I used to be. And that comes out in the 'energy' I hear on this record. Then there's the group of people that I like to have around me on an album, people like Don Henley, Kim Richey, Andrew Gold and Matraca Berg. That's my crowd, people that make me feel like this is a 'Trisha Yearwood' record."

After graduating from Young Harris College, Yearwood transferred into the music business program at Belmont University in Nashville. She worked her way up on Music Row, starting as an intern at MTM Records, then moving to the front desk. Gradually she began singing demos for songwriters -- an experience that she would draw heavily on when it came time to pick songs for her own recordings. Soon she moved on up to background vocals on master sessions.

Trisha's nine albums to date include three Gold Record winners, four Platinum awardees, a Double Platinum seller and a Triple Platinum blockbuster. She won back-to-back CMA Awards as country's Female Vocalist of the Year in 1997 and 1998. During her decade in the spotlight she has been honored with three Grammy Awards and dozens of other trophies. She has sung at the Academy Awards, the Olympics and the Library of Congress.

"I just flat out love to sing. . . If you really feel it, other people will hopefully feel it too. But even if nobody's listening, I will do it forever," said Yearwood.

Yearwood will receive a 2002 Most Distinguished Alumna Award during the International Convention's Opening Ceremonies Thursday evening, April 4.

~Ann~

AngelTrisha9
03-26-2002, 12:55 AM
wait! didn't she do her two years at Young Harris, then went to GA university for a semester and then transfered to Belmont (panick attack if I don,t have My Trisha facts straght!!!)

fuzzwuzz
03-26-2002, 01:06 AM
Isn't that the 'crazy' doctor Robin Williams immortalized onscreen? I wonder if he's really that funny. Or as deep as Robin portrayed him? Must be to have a movie honoring his good works.

And Young Harris? My folks used to live near there in the upper most Georgia mountains. Very beautiful area to drive around.

TammyLS
03-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Sorry, was just giving a quick answer without the details...but yes, Trisha DID complete the 2 year program at Young Harris, and then went on to the University of GA, but quit after one quarter, made a deal with her parents that if they Helped her get to Nashville she Would finish college. So in January 1985 thats what she did--she trasferred to Belmont and learned about the music business.

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-30-2002, 11:53 PM
LOL. gee I am soo late and soo slow! I just found this out yesterday (thanks to my sister :) ) and so posted a thread with the link (today)to the story on the PTK web site (nice pic of Trisha with the article). duh lol. Thanks for posting the story/info here Ann and Joyce. You all are always so great about finding good articles. :)

oh well.....CONGRATS AGAIN TRISHA!!!!!!:D

CC