PDA

View Full Version : Garth mentioned on Hootie site!

Garth2Gaines
03-16-2002, 10:36 PM
Kelly Ray Ratcliff asked -
guys, thank you for doing a 4th album...You just keep getting better....but I have a question: as a b-side, or something, is there any way you would cover a Garth Brooks tune? I think Mr. Ruckers voice would do wonders to some greatly written tunes, such as "Every Now and Then", "Learning To Live Again" off "The Chase" cd, or "Everytime That It Rains" off of the self titled cd. I can just hear Mr. Ruckers voice, and it would be so powerful on these tunes...just curious....Love you guys, please come to Iowa soon, I'm dying to see you live again!!!
Probably not. We love Garth but there are so many older songs they guys would like to do. -Darius

How cool is that? I was just wondering if Kelly is a PGer? Hootie & the Blowfish are in the studio making thier 4th cd, and they are having a Q&A with the fans (pretty cool idea) And this is one of the questions.

BTW, for Hootie's 4th lp, they have hired Don Was, which did produce the Chris Gaines lp.

Very Cool,

dwayne

DixieChick4GB
03-16-2002, 11:03 PM
Don't know if Kelly is a PGer but he/she is definitely a fan....
Elaine

PJ
03-17-2002, 12:11 AM
Kelly Ray is most definitely a PGer and has been around for years! Good idea!

fuzzwuzz
03-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Wasn't it because of Hootie and the Blowfish that Garth once publicly refused a music award and then proceeded to leave it right there and went back to his seat, stunning everybody? Wasn't it because he thought they deserved it?

Chris Gaines
03-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by fuzzwuzz
Wasn't it because of Hootie and the Blowfish that Garth once publicly refused a music award and then proceeded to leave it right there and went back to his seat, stunning everybody? Wasn't it because he thought they deserved it? Yep Dale.. it was the AMA Award for best artist - All Gentres.

Ever since Dick Clark stopped passing out that award.

Jason

Garthfan92
03-17-2002, 09:27 PM
It's nice to see the admiration is mutual. I do like what I know of their music.

Lisa

Garth2Gaines
03-18-2002, 09:40 AM
It's not the first time their paths have crossed. Their fans did a favorite song list (top 100 votes) and THE DANCE was top 20! And on their liner notes for FAIRWEATHER JOHNSON cd (1996, same year as AMA's award GB declined). They told Garth to feel free to make one of their songs a country song!

dwayne

fuzzwuzz
03-19-2002, 12:54 AM
Yep Dale.. it was the AMA Award for best artist - All Gentres.

Ever since Dick Clark stopped passing out that award.

Oh! Wow! Dick Clark was involved? Why am I not surprised? Can you explain? Just why didn't Hootie and the Blowfish get it? Garth wasn't even really as qualified at the time, am I correct?

Garth2Gaines
03-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Hootie was on the road pretty much non-stop since 1994 promoting CRACKED REAR VIEW, selling out arenas, spent something like 14 weeks in the top spot of the album charts. Garth had just released FRESH HORSES two months ahead of AMA (NOV 21). He did no touring for that or THE HITS.

dwayne

Pilgrim
03-19-2002, 10:03 AM
H&B is an awesome band:D

Would be cool to hear them do a song with Garth sometime in the future:)

Brian