PDA

View Full Version : Forgive my ignorance....

Teresa Morris
07-03-1999, 04:08 PM
K....forgive the fact that I must live in the dark ages or under a rock...but I got a few questions here? Sorry...I'm one of those highly guilty "if it aint Garth....i dont listen to it" people. :0<P>First...WHO is Todd Snider? Is he a solo musician? Does he sing in a group? What format of music does he sing? How long has he been in the music business? <P>I'm not being sarcastic or nuttin...I seriously do not know. I'd like to see some honest AND polite answers please.<P>Two....WHO said that Garth has recorded one of his songs for "The Life & Times of Chris Gaines" CD? Is there any documentation of it...like a press interview or something? <P>Again...not being sarcastic but its just a lotta people sure seem to be up in arms over Garth cuttin one of the guys songs and I am wondering how and where that info came from. <P>Any answers would be appreciated. <P>AND....just my humble lil ole opinion here...but I went and asked for my password and got it with no problem so I am having trouble believin that all this "stuff" for lack of a better word that is goin on....is not all password trouble related. Gonna do a lil lookin at emails and profiles tonight from posts on the board. <P>Next time I talk to Brandon, I will address the problem with him. In the meantime I am off to scan the forums....<P>Any insight into the Todd dude or where the song info came from...please let me know! <P>Teresa <BR>N

Pilgrim
07-04-1999, 02:04 AM
Teresa, I can't say that much about Todd Snider, only that he IS a good musician :D<BR>He's a good songwriter too :D <BR>I think his music is like grunge/rock/folk/country all into one :)<BR>I really like his music :D<P>I really don't know anything about the song that Garth should record (Alright Guy) but I'm sure others know more about this than me :) :)<P>Brian---&gt; happy 4thN

07-04-1999, 05:22 AM
Hello, this is Lynda, aka RockonTodd, ToddSniderRocks....not TyeDye. Maybe this will help with the password thing. When I click on post a reply, the screen comes up with RockonTodd as user name. When I click on submit, another screen comes up and says password is invalid. So I click on the forget your password question. PG Administration sends an email to me RockonTodd@hotmail.com<P>The email I receive is addressed to RockonTodd but it gives me the user name of somebody else and their password. So if I post under it I also have their profile..here is what I copied and pasted that I received from Planet Garth Administration:To: rockontodd@hotmail.com<BR>Subject: Your UserName and Password - Planet Garth Forums<BR>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 99 23:54:51 +0000<BR>Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close <P>Here is the registration information you requested for Planet Garth Forums.<P> Your UserName is: TyDye<BR> Your Password is: q3Tt7p<P> This bulletin board is located at<BR>http://www.planetgarth.com/cgi-bin/pg/pgforum/Ultimate.cgi<P><BR>From: admin@planetgarth.com Save Address Block Sender<BR>To: rockontodd@hotmail.com<BR>Subject: Your UserName and Password - Planet Garth Forums<BR>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 99 21:02:32 +0000<BR>Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close <P>Here is the registration information you requested for Planet Garth Forums.<P> Your UserName is: tgbfanforever<BR> Your Password is: aUFk5z<P> This bulletin board is located at<BR>http://www.planetgarth.com/cgi-bin/pg/pgforum/Ultimate.cgi<P>Thank you!<P>From: admin@planetgarth.com Save Address Block Sender<BR>To: rockontodd@hotmail.com<BR>Subject: Your UserName and Password - Planet Garth Forums<BR>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 99 15:43:03 +0000<BR>Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close <P>Here is the registration information you requested for Planet Garth Forums.<P> Your UserName is: 2teardrops<BR> Your Password is: Ltue8B<P> This bulletin board is located at<BR>http://www.planetgarth.com/cgi-bin/pg/pgforum/Ultimate.cgi<P>From: admin@planetgarth.com Save Address Block Sender<BR>To: rockontodd@hotmail.com<BR>Subject: Your UserName and Password - Planet Garth Forums<BR>Date: Sat, 3 Jul 99 00:26:38 +0000<BR>Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close <P>Here is the registration information you requested for Planet Garth Forums.<P> Your UserName is: SETexas<BR> Your Password is: 300deluxe<P> This bulletin board is located at<BR>http://www.planetgarth.com/cgi-bin/pg/pgforum/Ultimate.cgi<P>Thank you!<BR> <BR>(Move to Selected Folder)<BR>Inbox<BR>Sent Messages<BR>Drafts<BR>Trash Can<BR> <BR>From: admin@planetgarth.com Save Address Block Sender<BR>To: rockontodd@hotmail.com<BR>Subject: Your UserName and Password - Planet Garth Forums<BR>Date: Fri, 2 Jul 99 23:07:43 +0000<BR>Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close <P>Here is the registration information you requested for Planet Garth Forums.<P> Your UserName is: SETexas<BR> Your Password is: PMUHm4<P> This bulletin board is located at<BR>http://www.planetgarth.com/cgi-bin/pg/pgforum/Ultimate.cgi<P>Thank you!<BR>To: rockontodd@hotmail.com<BR>Subject: Planet Garth Forums Registration - Your Password<BR>Date: Fri, 2 Jul 99 17:54:01 +0000<BR>Reply Reply All Forward Delete Previous Next Close <P>Hello!<P>Thank you for registering on Planet Garth Forums. Your registration is provided<BR>below, including your new password. You will need this information in order to<BR>post any messages in our forums.<P>Your UserName: ToddSniderRocks<BR>YourPassword: GjrtRc<BR>Your Email Address of record is: rockontodd@hotmail.com<P>The most current information is at the top :)N

07-04-1999, 05:42 AM
This is Lynda again :)<P>Why thanks, Pilgrim, for the kind words about Todd Snider. You know his style! It is a cross between all gener. <BR>Alright Guy is the song that Garth has recorded for the Chris Gaines project. It is a spicy little song, and was more or less Todd's theme song. It should fit well with the Chris Gaines character. It was announced back in the first part of the year, and confirmed just recently by Todd's management company that Garth had recorded it.<P>As a matter of fact, a friend of mine told me recently that Jimmie Davis, (lead singer for the River Bluff Clan) at some function and so was Garth. Jimmie says to Garth I hear you just recorded a song of a friend of mine, from Memphis...the story goes that Garth kinda bends down (Jimmie is not very tall) and Garth is right in front of Jimmie's face and breaks into a verse of Alright Guy! Jimmie says it was like unbelievable, like his own private concert by Garth!<P>You can check out Todd and a video and audio clip of Alright Guy at <BR>http://www.todd-snider.comN