LanceBoucher
03-14-2002, 09:18 AM
Check out the third story that is called "Bono's Boo-Boo."

http://www.rollcall.com/pages/columns/hoh/

best,
Lance

allisonv7
03-14-2002, 09:28 AM
They were merely elbowing? It'd look like WrestleMania if I were there!!

:p

allison.

redstrokes77
03-14-2002, 10:12 AM
But Lott apparently got more than he bargained for. "I got high on all the pot that was being smoked around me, yeah," he joked.

Same thing happened to me at Garth's Central Park concert.

Does any one know if John Ashcroft was at Garth's table? I heard his song that he sang at a seminary graduation and so wish I had a copy of it. It was AWFUL! Something like "where the eagle flies free".

Anyone hear it?

deb

Chris Gaines
03-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Bono's Boo-Boo.
While Bono has become a regular in the halls of power, he's still having some trouble keeping all of the names straight.

Perhaps with St. Patrick's Day on his brain, Bono thanked "Senator O'Connell" at a Tuesday night event when he meant to sing the praises of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

Some of McConnell's colleagues, meanwhile, were practically elbowing one another out of the way to sit at the same table with Garth Brooks at an event sponsored later that night by the American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers. Singer Art Garfunkel made special travel arrangements to get into town and serve as the "mystery guest" at the tribute to Brooks.

When Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) was given her seat assignment by an ASCAP official, she quipped, "Ooh, table one!" And Senate Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) flashed a big old smile when he claimed the seat directly next to Brooks.

But HOHcouldn't help but notice that Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), who's a songwriter himself, got stuck at table No. 2. Then again, maybe it's better to let those guys keep a safe distance from one another in the wake of some of the partisan fireworks on the Judiciary Committee.

Garth_FANtasizer
03-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the article, Lance! :)
Bipartisan elbowing for Garth! LOL

~Ann~

gbcrazy
03-14-2002, 04:43 PM
Umm, no offense to the writer of the article.

However, seated directly beside Garth was Trisha to the left and Art Garfunkel to the right.

Sen. Orrin Hatch was right beside me and was very friendly.

Terry