PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Chapman...

Chief
03-12-2002, 05:52 PM
I have always been enjoying and loving Tracy Chapman's talents... she's a great African-American music artist.

I have got her latest album "Collection" couple of months ago, and now I am listening to it again just as a past time and music accompaniment.

What amazed me is, I have no bad-taste in any of the songs she sings in this album... though they are all the hits old songs, but they are just that great. And I love it!!

Especially, "Telling Stories" (track 8)... then there's "Bang Bang Bang"....

I can't begin to say which is the best one... because they are all the best in this album. :)

Kel.

jstensig
03-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Tracy Chapman is really great.
She has very very good lyrics:D

Great artist:)

Jakob

bluestocket
03-19-2002, 03:14 PM
TALKIN' ABOUT A REVOLUTION is Tracy Chapman's BEST song EVER!

*blue*

XFER
03-19-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Chief
I have always been enjoying and loving Tracy Chapman's talents... she's a great African-American music artist.

Kel. She's an artist, that should be enough. you don't say Tori AMos is a great white singer. Just so you know, it could potentially offend some people.

I like her just a bit. My favorite song of her is Give me one reason, that song that make her popular again in 1996 with her album new beginning.

Pilgrim
03-20-2002, 02:55 AM
Ari, if people would get pissed over that they need to get a life!!!

I don't see anything wrong in calling her an African-American singer as that is what she is!!

I also think she is cool:)

Brian:)

XFER
03-20-2002, 04:14 PM
I never said it bothers me. It's just that if you are gonna begin to label people like that, at least do it with all kinds of people. Get my point white Brian?

Pilgrim
03-20-2002, 05:17 PM
I get your point lightbrown(?) Ari;)

But I never said it bothered you, just that if people (meaning others) got offended by that they needed to get a life.

Brian:)

DixieChick4GB
03-20-2002, 06:00 PM
Is it true that no residents of the US have entered into this thread's conversation? I just wondered if any Americans would care to throw in their 7 cents. I find this thread amusing..

Elaine