PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Pat Green

allisonv7
03-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Saw this on Pat's site and I knew you guys would be interested....it really shocks me that people could do this sortof thing.

Singer Pat Green assaulted in South Padre Island

Corpus Christi show to be rescheduled

By Staff reports Caller-Times

Texas singer-songwriter Pat Green was assaulted by two men in South Padre Island Monday, forcing the entertainer to cancel his Tuesday concert that had been scheduled for the Concrete Street Amphitheater, officials said.
Green was assualted by two men while he, his wife and some friends were on the beach at South Padre Island Monday evening. He suffered three fractures in and around one of his eyes and has been hospitalized.

His Corpus Christi show will be rescheduled, although no date has been set. Tickets will be refunded at the points of purchases.

Green is a graduate of Texas Tech University, and he had never even touched a guitar before he set foot on campus. But after generating a cultish following in Lubbock and self-funding the release of his first album, he now performs about 140 shows a year, mostly in Texas.

March 12, 2002

Here's the link as well::

http://www.caller.com/ccct/local_ne...1026806,00.html

allison.

Pilgrim
03-12-2002, 01:02 PM
Never heard of the dude:eek:

Brian

diem nash
03-12-2002, 06:00 PM
Well, I donīt know him, too. Have heard his name before.

THERE IS NO REASON AND NO EXCUSE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very angry about that!!! Itīs no way to say and show, that someone disagrees with his music or whatever!!!

I hope, that heīll recover very soon and that these men get punished as hard as possible!!!

Iīm sure, his fans will show their sympathy for him in some very cute and lovely ways. And these men better should watch their backs!!!

A symbolic Hug to Pat Green!!!

(((((Pat Green)))))

And of course Iīll have him in my prayers!

Let us be informed about how heīs doing!

Thanks!

Maddy (Who is very angry about that!!!)

babyblue777
03-12-2002, 06:05 PM
Well, I have heard of him, I have his "Three Days" album.
He's an awesome singer/songwriter, I hope he'll be okay and the scum that did this to him better get what he deserves. :mad:

Garthfan92
03-12-2002, 10:21 PM
HOW HORRIBLE!!! I've seen and heard a lot of him on CMT, and like his music. Can't imagine why anyone would do that to him, or anyone. I'm praying he recovers quickly.

Lisa

Pilgrim
03-13-2002, 04:05 AM
Maddy,

Who say they didn't like his music or disagreed with it??;)

Maybe it was just a random case of violence like it happens 10.000 times each day:)

Brian

diem nash
03-13-2002, 08:41 AM
:)

Whatever it was, it wasnīt okay! I know, that you agree with this!

Maddy :D

Teaser210
03-13-2002, 09:26 AM
I like what I've seen of him and his music on CMT. He's rather handsome! :) Actually, he kind of reminded me of Garth in that his video "Carry On" is of a live performance and the crowd seems really into his performance...they remind me of a Garthy crowd, ok well, maybe a beer drinking Garthy crowd. I pray he recovers quickly and continues to make good music.

ProducerJ
03-13-2002, 04:26 PM
Thanks for posting this Allison. I made mention of it in my new column, which I can't seem to get finished...
I met Pat for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He is enormously huge in Texas - sold out the Astrodome recently, and is branching out to find success on mainstream radio and video channels. He was incredibly nice, just seemed to be happy to be doing what he does.
We'll keep good thoughts that he'll be entertaining the crowds again soon!
J.

GriggsGarthGirl
03-14-2002, 12:46 AM
From what I've read it was a completely random act of violence. Spring Break crowds--guessing a lot of alcohol and with that usually comes some violence. Sounds like his face is quite swollen and he had to cancel a couple shows but should be back on the road next week. I hope he feels better soon!