PDA

View Full Version : Concerts......nicely

JRILEY
03-11-2002, 08:33 PM
I have been to Kenny Rogers, with my mom, who was a big fan...it was ok. I enjoyed the time with my mom.

Reba, toooo loud...ready to go before it ended.

Brooks and Dunn at Austin City Limits...it was good, but not thrilling.

Toby Keith, twice...just glad it was free.

Dwight Yokam..there were times when you actually blushed.

Rod Stewart, was good a fun time.

Rolling Stones...incredible, the magic lasted for days.

Alan Jackson, I actully got to go back stage for a meet and greet, he is georgous, shy..it was good, but they ushered us in told us..do not ask questions, do not ask him to sign anything, go in have your picture taken and leave..so we did, walked in he put his arms around me and said Hi, very sweetly, took the picture and I walked out....the concert was good but honestly a bit boring.

Garth was the most thrilling of all...you a part of his concerts, it was wild and crazy, the most memorable of all. If he ever does come back I will fly wherever I need to go pay whatever it takes to be a part of that again.

kissybe
03-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Being a older fan of Garth's and being with him since the beginning, I would like to see him do a concert with not screaming so that I could hear what he has to say. I know this is not a concert to you younger fans, this and maybe others is what I would like, smaller more relaxed and enjoying the show

Paula
03-11-2002, 09:07 PM
kissybe, welcome to PG. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

I love an acoustic concert as well, although there's something to be said about the frenzied atmosphere at a full-fledged Garth concert.:D When Garth performed at Lime Creek Christmas, we got an acoustic concert that was awesome! I hope this is something that he might consider doing again.:)

Paula

Garthmedic
03-11-2002, 09:13 PM
Whenever I am watching "To Ireland and back", I am always jealous of the crowd inside that pub where garth was sitting at the table, singing and strumming his guitar.. God, wouldn't that had been just incredible to be a part of that?

--spud--:)

kissybe
03-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Hi Paula and thanks for the welcome. I have been a reader of the forums for quite some time but have never posted. I sure wish I would have seen his Limecreek Concert. I thing being in a small room with him while he just sings his song aand plays his quitar would be awsome.

Paula
03-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Garthmedic
Whenever I am watching "To Ireland and back", I am always jealous of the crowd inside that pub where garth was sitting at the table, singing and strumming his guitar.. God, wouldn't that had been just incredible to be a part of that?

--spud--:) Absolutely...to be that close in such an intimate setting with only a few dozen instead of a few thousand people.:)

Paula

kissybe
03-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Hi and it affects me the same way

Chief
03-11-2002, 09:16 PM
hmmmm... Spud... you then would know how i feel about the "concerts"...

Whenever i heard a "Garth Concerts"... i feel all jealous because I can't have gone to any at all.... :p :( :p

Kel.

Garthfan92
03-11-2002, 09:51 PM
You want an awesome live show, see Neal McCoy! He's very funny and keeps the crowd going the whole time. Next to Garth, he's easily the best I've ever seen. I'd put him above Brooks & Dunn, Reba, Sawyer Brown, and others that were all great.

Lime Creek was a great setting to see Garth in for a change. To see someone with such an amazing voice perform acoustically is very special. It ranks right up there, if not a hint beyond, the 4 regular concerts I got to see of his. And Paula, I'm with you on hoping he'll do it again! Tell me when and where, and I'm THERE!!!

Lisa

gbroadtrip
03-11-2002, 10:16 PM
I for one think that the best part of a Garth concert was the last 20 or so minutes where he did song requests from the people holding signs. Just him on stage with the guitar and not a sound in the whole place. I also liked seeing Garth play at the Grand Ole Opry tho it didn't last nearly long enough!

Roadtrip