PDA

View Full Version : Garth (& Trisha) pic in People

GarthFanIU
03-08-2002, 10:46 AM
Hey Guys!
There's a big ol pic of Garth and Trisha in this week's People magazine with Rosie on the cover. It's in the Star Tracks section... (pages 8&9 for those of you playing at home!) It's a pic from RAA in AZ. Here's the caption: Taking a cue from their hit duet "Squeeze Me In," Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood made time for fourth graders - and each other - in Maran, Ariz., where they read to children during Read Across America Week.
Enjoy!
Jody

TrishaNGarthFan
03-08-2002, 11:41 AM
What is the date on that magazine? The one at the store has Julia Roberts on the cover and I don't see Rosie at all.........

GarthFanIU
03-08-2002, 11:44 AM
March 18, 2002. Today is the first day I've seen this one out... If that makes a difference! Got mine at MARSH! :)

TrishaNGarthFan
03-08-2002, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info! I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it.

Chris Gaines
03-08-2002, 12:16 PM
it's not on People's website yet.. but Rosie sure is..

her and her lover! ;)

Jason

Rebslp
03-08-2002, 01:10 PM
What does "-and each other-" mean??
(I would add one of those winking smiley faces, but I don't know how):(

Chris Gaines
03-08-2002, 01:14 PM
means simply that.. they was "together" at the event.

They made time - together - with the fourther graders

wizard2C
03-08-2002, 03:51 PM
Hi!

Haven't seen it yet......Wow.......does anyone else think the tabloids will be picking up on this one! [lol] :eek: Then maybe it's nothing we didn't know already. Just wish they would go ahead....and take the plunge.....so we didn't have to read abou it all the time. I can just imagine how Sandy feels. :(

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

PJ
03-08-2002, 04:37 PM
I assume "and each other" is just referring to the song Squeeze Me In and how the people in the song can never seem to make time for each other.

GarthFanIU
03-08-2002, 07:35 PM
I don't think too much should be read into the "and each other" part, just because the pic doesn't seem to be trying to portray them as a couple. I'm sure better pics could be found if that was the intention! :) I'll scan the pic if somebody will tell me where to post it!
Jody

ProducerJ
03-08-2002, 07:39 PM
Hey Jody - you can email it to me at ProducerJoyce@aol.com and I'll post it for you later tonight. Thanks for offering!
And WELCOME to the Planet!
J.

Snow
03-08-2002, 08:36 PM
Dale... don't worry about it. The tabloids pick up on stuff that isn't even there. So I'm sure they'll use this like they do everything else. When there's not any news... they make it up. I guess it's just impossible for some people even in modern society to think that two people of the opposite sex can just be really good friends. *sighs*

Garthfan92
03-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Forget the tabloids going after it. Our morning show dj's were already all over it today! They commented on how they're obviously a couple, and will probably admit it publicly soon. Geez, even country radio doesn't show much respect for Garth anymore! I wish they'd just let Garth tell us WHEN and IF there is anything to tell!

Lisa

wizard2C
03-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Hi!

Personally, I don't think he needs to say anything. Photos speak for themselves. As a fan, I just don't like playing the part of a "fool".....cause that's how I feel. I mean how long has this with him and trisha been going on. And always denials. Let's all grow up! Just my opinion though.

That was like this child in Africa.....photographers would take a picture and say they would come back to help out the children. Till one day she figured it was all a lie.....they just wanted the photo but they knew all along they would never come back to help. Well that's the way I feel about this Garth Trisha thing. Why don't they just get on with it already. I'm sure Sandy would like to see some resolve as well. But it ain't my business......but as a fan I'm entitled to my opinion. ;)

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!20021"

ProducerJ
03-09-2002, 12:17 AM
Here's the photo - thanks Jody for sending it to me!
J.

andie
03-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the picture !!!Looks like they were having a good time!!

fuzzwuzz
03-09-2002, 02:26 AM
Snow? Who are you replying to? It wasn't me! :)

Snow
03-09-2002, 08:33 AM
OOPSIE! Sorry Dale... no, it wasn't you. It was Carol.

I've been doing that a lot lately.... using the wrong name for people. I think I've just got too much going on in my head or something. *Lol*

Snow
03-09-2002, 08:54 AM
Carol... I just don't understand why you'd think it is making you a fool?!

Why is what someone does in thier personal life so important to any of us that we would think that not knowing all the little details makes fools out of us?

Hey... it's maybe a topic for conversation... but it's not that important to us personally... other than the fact that most of us wish him happiness in his life.

Just because I married my best friend... doesn't mean that I think Garth has to marry one of his best friends.

I'm not singling you out Carol as I've heard this from more than one person and it's just getting sort of irritating. I'm not irritated with you... any of you... only with the topic. I keep seeing phrases like... "I wish they would just go ahead and announce it", "I wish they'd just take the plunge", "Why don't they get it over with?"....

People, if it is really driving you crazy that they have not "made it official"... then I'm afraid you're going to have to face the possiblity that you might just end up in the insane assylum.... because it very possibly might never happen. (I might have the room next to yours... but it won't be because of this issue. *lol* ;))

Why should our discomfort, or anxiousness to see Garth settled (with anyone) be a reason for him to hurry up and do something.... especially if there possibly isn't anything going on to begin with.

I've never seen anything in any video or photos that couldn't be explained by fondness for each other, playfulness, artistic chemistry, or theatrics. It's not that I deny that there might be... it's just not proof in my book.

I'm certainly not going to feel foolish, betrayed, or upset whether they get together or not.

I don't see anything wrong in talking about Garth and relationships... as long as we can all agree that it's just speculation... and as long as we don't start to sound worse than the tabloids themselves. I mean... this is a Garth forum... and we are going to talk about Garth... even his personal life. I just don't think we need to be so wrapped up in it emotionally that we take the stuff personally.

It's HIS life!

Sorry for the outburst everyone. Again... I'm not directing this at ANYONE personally... it's just something that has been really irking me and I just had to vent. I still love you all... and I hope you still love me.... warts and all. ;)

TrishaNGarthFan
03-09-2002, 09:26 AM
I think we need to forget what we've seen (or heard) in the past and deal with the present issues. Garth has been thru a divorce and I'm sure it was hard on everyone involved. Whatever we may have thought prior to this, we just need to dismiss. Its a different world for him now and for everyone involved, and I'm sure he's not totally the same person he was. If we can't get past that we can't expect the tabloids or anyone else to, either. We just need to be content that we see him happy in whatever situation he's in, with whoever he's with or not with. This is 2002, not 1998, and its a different world all around.

>>>>>>>>>>> Carol... I just don't understand why you'd think it is making you a fool?!

Why is what someone does in thier personal life so important to any of us that we would think that not knowing all the little details makes fools out of us?

Hey... it's maybe a topic for conversation... but it's not that important to us personally... other than the fact that most of us wish him happiness in his life.

Just because I married my best friend... doesn't mean that I think Garth has to marry one of his best friends

gbcrazy
03-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Hey Deb- Thanks for getting on that soap box.

Joyce- thanks for posting the pix.

Wonderful Pix it is don't you think. I mean it looks like they are sitting in front of a group of fourth grade children having a good time. I don't know about you guys but I can't walk into my kids classrooms without laughing at someone. Children are great.
Isn't is amazing the speculation they get even tho they are sitting in front of all those kids. I guess it just goes to show it doesn't matter who he is with someones going to speculate instead of just waiting.

Terry

Garthfan92
03-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Snow
I don't see anything wrong in talking about Garth and relationships... as long as we can all agree that it's just speculation... and as long as we don't start to sound worse than the tabloids themselves. I mean... this is a Garth forum... and we are going to talk about Garth... even his personal life. I just don't think we need to be so wrapped up in it emotionally that we take the stuff personally.

It's HIS life!

Well said, Deb! All it is right now IS speculation, and that's all I take it to be. Either way, he seems very happy right now spending time with his girls and not living life on the road anymore. That's all that matters to me, whether he's sharing it with someone or not.

Lisa

diem nash
03-09-2002, 06:14 PM
First of all:

MADDY STILL LOVES DEB!!! ;)

Well, I donīt understand all those discussions about Garthīs private life. Itīs just simple for me: Heīs divorced and "technical free" for something new.
Is he in his heart or will he have a time out for a while till he starts something new? I donīt know!
Well, he was married for a long time. A lot of things have changed and he has to organize his life new yet.
I think the last thing he needs are his fans to discuss his life and what he better should do. Itīs not better than those tabloids.
He knows it best. And if he falls in love with someone or already is and thinks itīs time to show it, heīll do.

So hereīs my wish:

LET GARTH BREATH AND LET HIM FIND, WHAT HEīS LOOKING FOR!
He gave (and still does) us sooo much.
LET HIM A LITTLE PRIVATE ROOM IN HIS LIFE!
LET HIM RECOVER FROM THE THINGS HE WENT THROUGH!

LOVE HIM FOR WHAT HE IS! AND IF YOU DO, YOUīll RESPECT HIS PRIVACY!

THANK YOU!

Maddy

shelde2003
03-09-2002, 07:11 PM
great picture i wonder what they were laughing about

Vanessa
03-09-2002, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the pic..I think that Garth is finally happy with his life and what he's doing..and that's good :)

Vanessa :)

wizard2C
03-09-2002, 10:17 PM
Hi!

Yes, Garth does look very happy. We'll leave it at that. ;)

Wish I could be that happy for the children of the world but I'm not because they are not happy.

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

MT4GB
03-09-2002, 10:30 PM
Amen Deb! Thank you for getting on your soap box and saying that!

All I want for Garth, Sandy, their three adorable daughters and yes, even Trisha is to be happy and healthy! And I bet that all of them wished the same thing for us!

Btw Deb I still love you! And yes Maddy I still love you and agree with what you have posted too! :cool:

Nancy

fuzzwuzz
03-10-2002, 12:55 AM
Snow, trust me. I understand the mixing up of names totally! That's one of my strongest embarassments. I wonder how Garth is so good at remembering so many names of even his fans? Half the time I mix up my own family's names, now THAT's bad!!!

Carol, I don't know, but maybe you need to put more faith in others as people, including the children, rather than in other's opinions, including your own. It sounds to me you are the one who needs to find some happiness inside yourself. In fact, we all do. No one else can give it to us, and also, no one can take it away. That's the message in the mirror staring back at us in Face to Face.

diem nash
03-10-2002, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by MT4GB
And yes Maddy I still love you and agree with what you have posted too! :cool:

Nancy

MADDY LOVES NANCY TOO!!! :D

Come on people now
Smile on your brother
Everybody get together
Try to love one another right now

:D :D :D

fuzzwuzz
03-10-2002, 01:18 PM
Love one another. That's so true! And you know what else? We gotta love and believe in ourselves too, because sometimes nobody else will.

wizard2C
03-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Hi!

Sorry if others don't like.....but the Children of the World are not happy. I can't help it if I feel for them. But maybe we all should be a little more concerned with the World right about now. Hey, if others are happy.....great. But if I and the children are not.....well that is something we need to deal with. And that is what we are trying to do.

Have a great day! ;)

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

diem nash
03-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Dale, you are right with what you said!

MADDY LOVES DALE, TOO!!!

:D :D :D

Chris Gaines
03-11-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by wizard2C
Well that's the way I feel about this Garth/Trisha thing. Why don't they just get on with it already. I'm sure Sandy would like to see some resolve as well. But it ain't my business......but as a fan I'm entitled to my opinion. ;)Carol,

who's to say they haven't "got on with what they are doing.. or futhermore, why on Earth would a celebrity "have" to explain every little detail about their "private" life to a "fan."

In the entertainment business there are 3 types of people.
1) Music Business People (Label/Management/Press)
2) Personal Friends & Family.
3) Fans

Only NUMBER TWO needs told of PERSONAL stuff.. if that at all.
No one else needs to hear it.

One thing I don't understand about some fans.. is why do they care so much that they have to ask someone they are a fan of... about their personal life.

Let him do as he pleases.. he's 40 he's a big boy.. and he knows what he thinks he's doing :)

Jason

Hawk7lte
03-11-2002, 12:15 PM
Jason posted;

"Let him do as he pleases.. he's 40 he's a big boy.. and he knows what he thinks he's doing"

:) - Jason, you make me smile - so wise perhaps beyond your years at times - I like what you post here - people should quote you exactly.

There have been times in Garth's life (as in all of ours) when he has thought he didn't know what he was thinking about (or so I think) -

"I know I have a noble mind,
and honesty and tact;
and no ones any more surprised than I,
to see the way I act."

(St. Thomas Aquinas)

And now, Garth does know exactly what he is thinking - and it's consistent with what he is doing, makes him obviously happier than he has been in the past.

They really are just friends; Garth and Trish. And sometimes it's easier to be friends than lovers (for passion can cloud the mind and the vision; changes the motivation in the relationship - makes everything so much more personal -and deeply important - even when it really isn't, ya' know?) - I've been "only friends" with men - and it's a whole lot easier when that's all that's there.

Jason hit the nail on the head with his comment - Garth does think he knows what he's doing now! And he is a big boy - fully grown adult!

Hawk

redstrokes77
03-11-2002, 12:31 PM
Ditto Jason and Hawk!

I'm pretty sure that Garth and his family and friends are able to distinguish between Garth the "celebrity" and Garth the "private Person."

The first I personally heard that Garth and Sandy were separated was alomost two years after the fact. My thought was< "Good for you Garth, it's none of our business until YOU want it made known."

Gee, I wonder if Garth worries about MY love life? ;)

deb

MT4GB
03-11-2002, 04:19 PM
Jason, Hawk and Deb-bravo, bravo-I applaud what you have said!

Yes Garth is a big boy and he can make his own decisions about his life-he does not need our permission to do certain things!

This reminds me of my in-laws and Gary-they wanted to make all the decisions for him-he was just suppose to follow they ideas and just smile and say OK! The doctor told me to let him have a normal life as possible and try not to be over protective and "baby" him-of course his family did not like that because running his life was more convenient for them!

Yes I admit I would love to have Garth to go back on the road and do concerts and be back with Sandy-but that is not going to happen-so I respect his decisions that he had made in his personal life-I only want what is best for Garth, Sandy, Trisha and those three wonderful little girls-may they have love and good health that they deserve-God bless them! And I may not know Garth but I bet he wants the same things for all of us!

Nancy