PDA

View Full Version : Grammy's: Good News / Bad News...

ProducerJ
02-25-2002, 12:44 AM
Well the good news is.....

The Country Collaboration with Vocals award IS being presented on the televised portion.

The bad news is.......

Both Garth and George are listed as "No Shows." (Think George is rubbing off on Garth a little too much?) Of course... 4 days before the CMA's he wasn't on the list either. :)

This from our PGer buddy JoAnn who is working the show.
J.

gbsangel7
02-25-2002, 08:15 AM
Not indicating anything, but I thought it was told that he wanted to attend the Grammys with Trisha??? Is that not true?

GBSANGEL in Virginia

gbsangel7
02-25-2002, 08:21 AM
Hey guys, I forgot to add that maybe it is because of the Read Across America program, that is February 27, 28, and March 1st. In order to six cities he would at least have to do two a day in a sense.

Angel

ProducerJ
02-25-2002, 09:47 AM
He did remark in January that he would like to attend the Grammys with Tricia as they were competing in the same award category. But as we know with Garth his schedule changes frequently, and I'm sure this Read Across America event was more important to him.

He is going to be jet lagged!
J.

garthrulz
02-25-2002, 06:53 PM
I totally disagree that anything is more important. I'm not saying he will or will not go to the Grammys with her but to make it sound like it's not important to him is wrong. He has always been there for her and made it crystal clear he always will be. I'm sure if he doesn't attend the Grammys with Trisha he has a GOOD reason and it's not because something is more important. It's because some things he might not can help!

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
02-26-2002, 05:57 AM
garthrulz ~

I think we would ALL agree that Trisha is a VERY important friend to Garth, and he is there for her A LOT, but not always, not for stuff like this. For instance, two years ago, when he was at Spring Training with the Mets, (or was it three, with the Padres, hmmm...) anyway, he actually missed out on Trisha being inducted into the Grand Ole Opry. Now, I'm sure that was a very hard decision for him, but obviously his priority, at that time, was to stay at Spring Training, a commitment that he made MAINLY for the charity, MAINLY for the 'kids'. I think it's very similar to this situation, since the Read Across America program is SO much about the 'kids', and we all know how much this kind of stuff means to him, right? So, in a way, yes, this is more important to him. Trisha's a big girl, she'll be just fine, and I'm sure that she will MORE than understand, because I'm sure she would do the same thing, given the same decision to make. I'm pretty sure that this is what Joyce meant when she used the phrase 'more important', I don't think she was saying that Tricia is 'not' important to Garth.

Just my .02, don't mean to step on any toes here.

PJ
02-26-2002, 08:11 AM
I remember reading an article about Trisha's induction way back when and Garth said he didn't want to take the spotlight away from Trisha on her night by being there.

ProducerJ
02-26-2002, 12:17 PM
Thanks Dee Dee. :) Let me just "ditto" what you said!

Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post... when I was saying that RAA was more important to him, I was referring to his nomination, it really had nothing to do with Trisha. I certainly didn't say she wasn't important to him, I know better than that. But when it comes to an award nomination and doing something with a charity, we know Garth's heart is with the kids.
J.

littlebit
02-26-2002, 06:56 PM
:) well, i'm goin to seat fill anyway, and hope himself and George wins :)

Teaser210
02-26-2002, 11:00 PM
Aw, bummer! I was looking forward to seeing them on the red carpet. I was hoping for some sassyness.

Garth_FANtasizer
02-26-2002, 11:05 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing him. :(

The blues are really starting to set in now... our time with Garth is going, going.... :(

~Ann~

gbcrazy
02-27-2002, 01:20 PM
Keep your hopes up and your eyes open for tonite. Garth is in LA so he may show up. After finishing with GMA this morning he flew to Nashville to pick up Judy Cummings then was off to Los Angeles. So we know hes there and knowing him he might just surprise everyone. Maybe not as a presenter or performer but he may just show up.

Terry