PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Memorial Service for Waylon

ProducerJ
02-21-2002, 10:16 AM
FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO CELEBRATE LIFE OF WAYLON JENNINGS AT NASHVILLE’S
HISTORIC RYMAN AUDITORIUM

SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2002

Nashville, TN -- February 21, 2002…Plans are now confirmed for an event to honor the life of Waylon Jennings to be held Saturday, March 23rd at 7:30 p.m. at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee. Limited seating in the balcony will be available to the public. Doors will open at 7:00 p.m.

Details are still being planned and no other specific information is
available at this time.

Jennings, who was buried at a private graveside service last week, died peacefully in his sleep on Wednesday, February 13 at his Arizona home. He was 64.

The family has requested that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Sue Brewer Fund in care of the Songwriters Guild Foundation in Nashville (1222 16th Avenue South, 37212) and/or The Mayo Foundation (13400 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85259). The Sue Brewer Fund, established by Jennings in October 1984, provides music scholarships for students at Belmont and Vanderbilt Universities. The Mayo Foundation provide funds to children needing prosthetics. Donations should clearly indicate they are "In memory of Waylon Jennings."

loreli
02-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Its very sad. Diabetes is a killer :(

Lori

fuzzwuzz
02-21-2002, 04:45 PM
Thanks for posting this Joyce. Sadly I read today Willie Nelson and Travis Tritt already have prior engagements that day, and also possibly Hank William's Jr. Why would they have something honoring Waylon without his all his buddies in music? That doesn't seem right.

ProducerJ
02-21-2002, 04:51 PM
Well I think it would be impossible to get everyone on the same schedule given the business they're in, and I'm sure they did it when A) the Ryman was available and B) it worked out best for Jessie and the family.

I know Hank and Travis were at the private services in Phoenix and their hearts will be at the Ryman even if their bodies can't be.
J.