PDA

View Full Version : If Tomorrow Never Comes

GarthnTrisha
02-20-2002, 08:36 PM
As I sit in front of my computer tonight, my mind is drifting back over the past 2 years. Almost 2 years ago, well May 16, 2000 I was seriously injured and almost paralyzed. From then until around Thanksgiving of this year (2001) I was in constant chronic pain. It was the worst time in my life. It was hell! I couldn't really do much so I began to listen to music almost 24/7. I listened to Garth ALLLL the time. I was in and out of the hospital and in and out of doctors offices. I can't say that everything was bad, that's acutally far from the truth. I met some awesome people and built great relationships. I learned so much about myself and life in general. I was sitting here going back over the past 2 years and I was thinking to myself, if I could, would I go back and change what happened. This may sound really strange and it might be weird, but I wouldn't change a thing. Don't get me wrong, being in pain was awful, not being able to live my life and do the things I used to was hell. I couldn't do anything without pain. I could hardly sleep and I wasn't really eating. But the people I met and the experiences I had truly out-weight the bad. From the time I had surgery at Thanksgiving, probably even before that I began to live every day of my life through some of the lyrics in Garth's songs. His songs just touch every part of me and just amaze me. "Our lives are better left to chance, I could have missed the pain, but I'd had to miss the dance." I can't express how true that really is to my life. I could have missed all the pain I went through but just doing things a little different, but I'd had to miss some of the best things in my life. I really can't imagine it happening any other way. I think I really used to take everything I had for granted, thinking that it would always be there when I woke up the next morning. I used to say "I'll do it tomorrow..." taking for granted that there would be tomorrow. This brings me to more lyrics, "'Cause I've lost loved ones in my life, who never knew how much I loved them now I live with the regret that my true feelings for them never were revealed, So I made a promise to myself, To say each day how much she means to me, And avoid that circumstance, Where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel..." I never put anything off anymore. I always always always tell everyone how much they mean to me, because, what will really happen if tomorrow never comes? Will everyone really know how I felt...? I don't think I could ever get through a day without listening to Garth, he's become a perminent part of my life.

IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES WILL EVERYONE KNOW HOW MUCH YOU REALLY CARE? DID YOU TRY YOUR BEST TO SHOW THEM HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW MUCH YOU LOVED THEM EVERY DAY?!?!?!?

"So tell that someone that you love, Just what you're thinking of, If tomorrow never comes!"

JRILEY
02-20-2002, 08:51 PM
wow...you are ok now huh...i hope so...listen you should send that to
cmt..it is really incrediable. And i am so glad you made it through
and are ok and i am glad you luv garth...he really is special and so are you.

ProducerJ
02-20-2002, 09:25 PM
Wow, thank you for sharing that story with us. I never cease to be amazed at the profound affect that music can have on someone's life.

The message is a very important one, thanks for reminding us.
Hugs -
Joyce

Vanessa
02-20-2002, 09:46 PM
thanks for reminding us that as we go thru life to always tell others how much we mean to 'em even if it's a simple I love you.. I'm aswed by your strength and I'm glad that you're with us here today! :)

Vanessa :)

GarthnTrisha
02-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Thanks! I just needed to let everyone know how much just words to a song can chnage your life. Plus, everyone looks back on their life and wishes they could change a lot about it, but what they forget is, when you make the bad things that happened in the past go away, you loose A LOT of great stuff on the way!!!!

MT4GB
02-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Wow I am so glad that you are doing better! And what a inspiration you are!!!

Of course alot of the pgers here know that my husband is ill with acute renal failure and he almost slipped into a coma and died!

He is doing much better than he was a year ago-thanks to a wonderful doctor and dialysis unit here in Helena!

"If Tomorrow Never Comes" has helped me get through a very hard time in my life and every time I hear that song I get tears in my eyes and thank Garth for singing that song-I feel in a way he is singing that song for just Gary and I!

Nancy

CheyenneWindRoper
02-20-2002, 10:17 PM
GarthnTrisha~

Thanks for the inspiring story! Even though most of us realize we need to tell others we love them, we somehow seem to fail to always follow through with our good intentions. I needed this excellent reminder!

BTW, while I have it on my mind, I just wanted you to know.... Someone in Cheyenne thinks the world of you! ;)

Huggs,
Mary Liz

Garthfan92
02-20-2002, 10:18 PM
Thanks for sharing your story, and I'm very glad you're doing better now. It's amazing how deeply music can touch you and change your life. The longer I stick around here, the more stories I keep hearing. I know how much Garth's music has done for me, and I haven't been through NEARLY what so many others have had to deal with. It was still Garth's music helping me through it though. If only he could see that that's the reason he means so much to so many of us. He's truly helped us through some of the toughest times in our lives. I just wish there was a way to give that back to him.

Lisa

GRTH FAN
02-20-2002, 11:34 PM
AMEN to that!!!
Never take life for granted and Garth is a part of my life every day too, and I wouldn't miss it for the WORLD!!
Hope you are doing better now!!!
"If Tomorrow Never Comes" Thanks for sharing!!
Donna :);)