PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Crossroads on CMT with Kid Rock and Hank W. Jr.?

boppityboo
02-17-2002, 08:42 PM
I am right now, and Kid Rock is pretty good. :) I am pleasantly surprised. He can sing. For a rap/rock/hip-hop artist, he can sing country pretty good. He knows all of Hank Williams' songs too. He said he grew up with all kinds of music, and his dad was a big fan of Johnny Cash. He said also he loves country music. Right now he is singing a new song of his most recent cd. Very nice. Just hearing him sing with Hank and some of his own songs, and the respect he shows for country music, would make me want to go out and buy his latest cd. Guess you really can't tell a book by it's cover. :) His real name is Bob something(can't remember). lol. Anyway if y'all get a chance to watch it, as CMT usually repeats programs, I'd reccommend it.

Ellie:)

Greeny
02-17-2002, 10:49 PM
I saw it to being a fan of all kinds of music i already was familiar with "Kids" music and was a fan i am pleased with his respect for country with it being my favorite type of music and know of a couple people he has turned to likeing country music :)

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
02-18-2002, 01:07 PM
I got to watch part of it, and was incredibly impressed by Kid Rock's new bluesy song :) I also think he and Hank Jr. sounded great together! I'm going to try and watch this new Crossroads show more often.

CC

DixieChick4GB
02-18-2002, 04:31 PM
Before I saw it, I have to admit I had a very low impression of Kid Rock. This program raised him several notches in my book.

Elaine

theFEVER
03-12-2002, 03:40 PM
Kid Rock is awesome! You oughta check out his new cd Cocky. It even has a couple of songs on it that would be considered country by most people. The song "Picture" on there is one of the best songs i've heard in a long time. He's one of the best live performers i've seen as well, and i won't even mention his girlfriend.
Marc

fuzzwuzz
03-12-2002, 10:40 PM
Ellie, thanks for sharing this. I sure wish I could get CMT. And I'm tempted to go out and buy Cocky too, just because of the respect he has shown country music and it's artists. Wasn't Kid Rock the one who said some words in tribute to Waylon Jennings at the Grammy's simply because someone needed to say it? Why not Kid? He was raised on the best. Obviously his true musical roots are showing all-over! I think that's cool for a guy who gets little respect even among some of his rock peers. I know the guy has a bad reputation of a rebellious streak but doesn't alot of the so-called 'outlaws' in country music also? So what's the difference, if any?