PDA

View Full Version : CHRIS GAINES ON RADIO THIS MORNING!

Crackerjack
06-30-1999, 06:00 AM
Wow, what a way to wake up!! The alarm goes off at 6:00, the radio comes on. KLOS in Los Angeles with Mark & Brian is playing away. Then Mark & Brian mention Garth & Chris Gaines. I'm suddenly alert! This is a rock station so they are very interested in Chris Gaines and they are big Garth fans. Well, they played a clip from the song "Lost in You". Oh, my!! It was great! I never would've guessed it was Garth--didn't sound anything like him. It rocks!! Of course the Garth we all love rocks too, but this was so different to hear from him. I think it had more of a Rod Stewart sound to it. I know KLOS is syndicated and they have a web site that you can download. Don't know if you can download past shows, but might be worth a try to hear this tidbit. We are in for a treat!!<BR>N

Cheryl
06-30-1999, 07:52 AM
Crackerjack......do you have the addy for KLOS? I'd love to check it out in hopes of hearing even a tidbit of Lost In You. Lucky you, to get to hear it already! :)N

Crackerjack
06-30-1999, 08:58 AM
Not sure of the KLOS addy--hubby knows it though. I'll check with him this afternoon and let you all know. There may be someone else out there who knows it---please let us know!! N

hugeGBnutt
06-30-1999, 10:03 AM
your so lucky,that is so cool!....hopefully the rest of us will get to hear it soon! ;)<BR>did it sound anything like <b>Hard Luck Women?</b><P>aRiN

redstrokes77
06-30-1999, 11:11 AM
Can't wait to hear it! N

BigGfan4life
06-30-1999, 12:25 PM
Wooohooo I can't wait to hear it!! :) Now I'll be checking out all the rock/pop stations in my area...is the song officially released or was it just a preview of what's to come?? :)N

Pilgrim
06-30-1999, 12:34 PM
This is great news :D :D :D I can't wait anymore :)<BR>uhuhu RELEASE THAT RECORD<P>BrianN

charmed1
06-30-1999, 12:47 PM
Pilgrim,<P>Remember good things come to those who wait. :) Also this Chris Gains thing probubly takes a lot of planning since it has never been done before. <P><b>Garth knows we are loyal fans and that we expect a lot out of him, I am POSITIVE HE WILL DELIVER</b> It will sure be AWESOME when it does come out though. :D<P>Have a GREAT DAY!! :)N

boppityboo
06-30-1999, 02:07 PM
Very Cool, wow, you lucky duck, getting to hear a bit of Garth as Chris. :) Now I definately gonna try to tune into AC and rock stations now. Thanks for the early mention. :)<BR>I can't wait, what a way to whet the appetite! lol<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

BevGB
06-30-1999, 02:08 PM
I found the web address for KLOS. I'm still looking for the Chris/Garth sound file though. Let me know if you find it. I'll post again if I find it myself. <P>Bev<P> <A HREF="http://www.955klos.com" TARGET=_blank>www.955klos.com</A> N

Crackerjack
06-30-1999, 02:35 PM
Ok, hubby still not home, so I haven't got the addy yet. Bev, if there is a link to Mark and Brian under the KLOS website, it may be there. As I said, don't know if you can downloan past programs of Mark and Brian, but I do know you can download to listen to their morning program if you don't get them on radio in your area. Their program is mon-fri 6:00am-10:00am. <P>The song has not officially been released. They just played about 30 seconds of it. The little bit I heard was great!! Such a tease!! If I didn't hear them talking about Garth doing Chris Gaines, I wouldn't have known it was Garth. It sounds nothing like we've heard from him before. His voice doesn't even sound like Garth. But I do love it and now I'm really looking forward to this album!!<P>I was trying really hard to remember a couple of lines from the song, but for the life of me, I can't recall!! I was so amazed at what I was hearing that all I can remember is something about "touching you" and knowing it was Garth singing, and well, that's where my mind goes blank!!N

Eternity4U
07-01-1999, 07:32 AM
you know i am amazed at how you all will reply and respond for that matter to well known members here.<P><BR>I not too long ago told you i heard the song on a station on star 98.7 it was just one and a half months ago that is said that.<P>I had made mention as well that some rock stations (such as mark and brian and howard stern) have been discussing this new venture.<P><BR>i even said how his voice sounds.<P>but no one responded lol<P>well, as a silent voice of knowledge and all my little hints mean nothing here perhaps what i know and found out before anyone else makes no difference. <P>I have sources inside his music lable my best friend whom works with the company. but all of this just falls on deaf ears. but i tell you this should i hear of another up coming concert of sorts of chris gaines i shall let you know :-0 indeed i will. and just to tell you keep your eyes wide open ok more press interviews in a week to come <P>oh well :-( lolol laughing at myself now , next time i shall keep what i know to myself and just umm SEE YOU THERE lol *123-abc* just for you<P>with out saying to much thank you to my friend whom works there whoaaaN

majmom
07-01-1999, 08:40 AM
Eternity4U -<BR>I am fairly new to PG and don't ever remember reading your posts about Chris Gaines. Sorry you feel like we blew you off - but I found it hard to believe that all of us "Garth-starved" fans wouldn't have jumped on the chance to hear any news about CG! I was welcomed with open arms right from the start - and nobody knew who I was then, either! I don't know the history, but perhaps it was some kind of oversight, or misunderstanding, like what started this whole Todd Snider thing? Anyway, hope you keep posting with any CG news you might have! Thanks,<BR>KerryN

Eternity4U
07-01-1999, 10:04 AM
oh wow thanks ma it just seems when i delivered teh news some time ago lol no one listened. and you know i would have not as well. being what i knew was from an insider and was months away from it every happening . <P>when the garth press conference did go everyone said wow how come they did not know. same was with the baseball. I had mention at how the a certain radio staion would interview him for sprots during the spring training but no one listend( that was fair enough)<P>I know some one coming in here every once and a while with garth info is strange. but when i find out info i deliver and disappear. My friend from the company could get fired. she only finds out from her bosses .<P>no upset just surprised at how all forgot when i told them to start listening to certain stations and no one has..<P>klos, howard stern, star 98.7 , kiss fm 102.7 <BR>check those stations out for little news bits and music bits ..<P>and thanks ma for your sweet words<P>me 123-abc to ? (wink)N

hugeGBnutt
07-01-1999, 10:51 AM
Eternity4U--<BR>i never read that post believe me if i had i would have responded...i'm always excited to read something new about Garth!...perhaps alot of people were posting that day and it got buried so not many people saw it...just a<BR>thought....but please keep us up-to-date on what is happening with Garth! ;)<P>aRiN

hugeGBnutt
07-01-1999, 10:56 AM
p.s. what was the name of the post?<P>aRiN

Pilgrim
07-01-1999, 11:31 AM
Eternity4you, do you know any European stations? especially Danish Stations? :o ;)<BR>I think if Garth Brooks is ever going to be popular here in Denmark, it is as Chris Gaines the rock artist :( :)<P>BrianN

Crackerjack
07-01-1999, 12:24 PM
Eternity4U,<P>Sorry, I didn't see your post either. But I would've believed you! Given our location, we do get alot more info than most places. I listen to those stations you mention but have never had the pleasure of hearing them mentioning Garth. Garth was on Mark & Brian in December & I missed it! I have also met several people in the business with inside info. I have always believed what I have read posted by you--have also heard some of the same things from very reliable sources. I figure if people don't believe me, oh well. I know what is true. <P>If anyone ever visits So. Calif., just turn on the local news channels. Anything about the entertainment industry is part of the programming. <P>Didn't mean to start some sort of conflict by posting this topic. Just thought I'd share what I'd heard on radio, since I know we're all looking forward to it. <P>Enjoy your day!!N

JulieLvsGB
07-02-1999, 04:15 PM
Crackerjack,<P>Thanks for the info! Lucky You! I wish I had a chance to hear a tidbit of new stuff from Garth! BTW, when I went ot the KLOS website, I found out that I went to high school with one of the dj's. It's a small world, huh?<P>JulieN

ChrisInLowPlaces
07-13-1999, 11:42 PM
Well, I heard it on the radio this weekend (7/11/99) in its entirety, so it's released or at least "leaked". I'm in Boston, and it was on the big pop station, kiss 108. They even told everyone it was Garth Brooks in the part of Chris Gaines. It was nice, by the way. Very different; a mix between R&B and Eric Clapton. I kinda wonder if country stations will get it or even want to play it since it's not country.N

Paula
07-14-1999, 03:58 AM
[b/ChrisInLowPlaces[/b],<P>Thanks for the info. :) I live in the Boston area so I'll have to listen to Kiss108. I hope not for long...don't know if I can stand listening to the rest of the music they play on there.<P>PaulaN

boppityboo
07-14-1999, 09:42 AM
I just wanted to say to Diana Elizabeth that I also did not see any of her posts pertaining to Garth/Chris. When did you post it? I love reading your posts. Please keep posting what info you know, we do appreiate it. :) <P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

csyl29
07-16-1999, 04:26 PM
I'm in Boston also, and I hate listening to Kiss108 but if it means hearing some of CG/GB on the radio, I just might. By the way, have you tried to call WKLB to see if they are planning to play it at all?<BR>N