PDA

View Full Version : Best Garth songs

countryboy11
02-16-2002, 01:58 PM
I just recently started listening to Garth Brooks after hearing Friends in Low Places. My other favourites are Rodeo and The Thunder Rolls. I'm interested in your opinions on what to get next. Thanks

GBsMydance
02-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the Planet...

I would suggest Double Live... It is awesome and gives you a good feel of being at a concert..

Have you tried Scarecrow? Also, if your new to Garth Brooks, give Chris Gaines a try. Garth is very talented, and all his songs are enjoyable..

Good luck.. stop by and visit us again.

Pam
"I'll leave my light on for you, if you'll leave your light on for me"

jstensig
02-16-2002, 02:10 PM
In Pieces is also a very good album!:)

Jakob

countryboy11
02-16-2002, 02:24 PM
Thank you for your opinions, and I hope to hear more. I'm going to be busy at Tower Records today ;)

What would you suggest from Chris Gaines?

allisonv7
02-16-2002, 02:44 PM
There's only one Chris Gaines CD...so that's the one I'd suggest :) It's his greatest hits album.

allison.

Garth_FANtasizer
02-16-2002, 03:53 PM
I would start with "Scarecrow" being his latest. After that, you're going to want all of the others anyway!

Oh how I wish I was you, just to beable to discover and experience Garth all over again for the first time! The best days of my life!

~Ann~

Jadzia
02-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Welcome to this planet!! :)

Nice to have you with us!

Best Garth song??
Hmmm.... all! *LOL*

Ok, maybe.... "Shameless" - just wonderful
OR "Learning To Live Again" - he sings it with sooo much, you know... "feeling". I am talking about that part: "Oh my god I forgotten her name". I LOVE this part. :)
OR "Callin' Baton Rouge"
OR... no, I'll stop here. *LOL*

Elena.

countryboy11
02-16-2002, 05:42 PM
Thanks again for the opinions. I looked up Chris Gaines. Is Chris Gains Garth Brook's real name? Or are they two totally different people?

diem nash
02-16-2002, 05:53 PM
No!

It´s fictional. Garth Brooks is his real name. Read in the Chris Gaines-Forums and you´ll learn a lot.
Chris Gaines is a character. They created a whole life, that means they have a biography, discography and all those. Read about Chris even at PlanetChris (I think, that´s the name.). It´s a "link" on this site here.

They wanted to make a movie "The Lamb" about that character.

I think, you´ll find the answers and some others will tell you even more.

Welcome at the Planet! You´ll learn A LOT here. And you´ll enjoying it!

See ya!

Maddy :D

BrookeBrooks
02-17-2002, 04:47 PM
"Shameless" was my first favorite "country song" ever! I heard the song was written by Billy Joel! Double Cool! Then I heard the song,"The Dance" and saw the video at my church before services, one sunday morning! It was then that I was hooked on Garth Brooks. "Shameless" sparked a fire in me and woke me up and The Dance, God, I get tears just thinking about this beautiful song!

There are so many "private memories" I have to these songs which I can not share! Listen to these songs! These are my choices........

We'll I'm Shameless........can't you just hear those passionate words....

countryboy11
02-17-2002, 05:03 PM
Shameless is a very strong song. I also think "The thunder rolls" is a sad song as well.

Garth Brooks is amazing. I myself used to HATE country. Every time my dad would play it or my uncle, I would plug my ears and act like a 5 year old. Then I heard the song, "Don't take the girl" by Tim McGraw (saddest song I have heard) I started to get a little more interested in country music. I was at a karaoke bar with my family, and my uncle sang "Friends in low places"

I was hooked that very instant

Thank you for the opinions, I plan on buying Scarecrow and Double Live today

allisonv7
02-17-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by countryboy11
Then I heard the song, "Don't take the girl" by Tim McGraw (saddest song I have heard)

I've heard Tim sing that song live quite a few times, and each time I always end up crying my eyes out. It's one of the most emotional songs I've ever heard, and I absolutely love it.

allison.

LuvGarth7
02-17-2002, 06:07 PM
NO FENCES is my personal favorite, but you should really check out DOUBLE LIVE. Have fun!

*CRYSTAL*

walkinshaw
02-17-2002, 11:23 PM
Ok, I'll throw my hat into the ring too...

Garth's best albums are probably the Hits and Double live, and they are pretty good for anyone trying to determine if Garth is for them (although I think you'll have a bit of trouble finding a copy of the hits in your local music shop these days).

Aside from those albums though, My personal favourite is 'In Pieces'. I just love that album.

As for choosing a favourite tune....Man that is a tough one. How much time have you got ;) I've always been partial to 'The Dance', 'The Red Strokes', 'The thunder Rolls', and of course 'Standing outside the fire'. But of late I've really fallen in love with 'When you come back to me again' and 'BEER Run'

Cheers!

Andrew.

countyfair_85
02-18-2002, 11:50 PM
Try to find the "Box-set" limited series...It contains Garth's first 6 albums and songbook.

You might enjoy "Do what you gotta do" from the 'Sevens' album
in comparison to the songs you've listed so far.
Also, "Rodeo or Mexico" from the 'Scarecrow' album.

-Diane

GRTH FAN
02-20-2002, 11:53 PM
Definately check out all the albums (Cd's)
Don't miss "The Dance"
Donna :)