PDA

View Full Version : Ok. I'm bummed. I missed the entire 90's without Garth.

fuzzwuzz
02-05-2002, 11:48 PM
I saw Garth and Trisha sing Where Your Road Leads on VH1 Country today and I lost it. Afterwards Tim McGraw's "Angel Boy" and Faith's "Let Me Let Go" after that, which helped me be happy I at least wasn't too late for all the good country music that's now out there. But when I see Garth get downright 'insane' on that stage, it kills me ya know? Where the heck was I all those years, vegetating in the closet? Thank God Chris Gaines was 'vegging out' too! Or all that music I did listen too would have been a near-total waste!;)

Garth_FANtasizer
02-06-2002, 12:10 AM
I love that video, Dale! :)

I understand how you feel. I missed a lot of good years too. I caught up fast and I have the music to prove it, but it would have been oh so cool if I was on the train when it left the station instead of running after it and jumping on as it was moving! :)

The good news is, we're at the beginning of the next ride! :)

~Ann~

fuzzwuzz
02-06-2002, 12:31 AM
Thank you Ann! I was beginning to think I was riding alone. It sure seems like it at times. I think I need a hug. :(

countyfair_85
02-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Well, I'm glad you both jumped on board!
Taking a chance like that! It'll pay off for you, you'll see! :)

You've caught up in record speed! knowing things some fans from the beginning don't even know at times! LOL :D

hugs!
Diane

diem nash
02-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Hi Sisī!

I am also quite late. But you know what? God knows, what heīs doing. It wasnīt our time & place than. All the experiences we made and still do, we wouldnīt do than. All the people & friends we met here... Maybe weīve met them than, too. But it would not have been the same. And some things would not have been grew up like they do yet.

It wasnīt our time than. I wasnīt prepared and ready for Garth before. And I think you, too.

Thatīs what I believe.

I feel real good, where I am yet. And now Iīm ready for the next ride! This time is ours, my friend!

God knows, what heīs doing!

:)

Maddy

diem nash
02-06-2002, 09:55 AM
Forgot something! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

Here it comes:
A HUGE TEDDY BEAR HUG FROM ME TO MY SISī DALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Maddy

mistydawn42450
02-06-2002, 10:25 AM
I have only saw garth one time in my entire life in concert and that was this last time that he came to evenvisvill ind. Was I the only one there or was there any of you there i was there on thursday

DixieChick4GB
02-06-2002, 01:17 PM
I missed the 90's too, and I don't think I've stumbled across that video yet. I'll have to be on the lookout for it. Does CMT ever play it?
Elaine

allisonv7
02-06-2002, 01:38 PM
Just be happy you found him and you get it, many people don't.

allison.

fuzzwuzz
02-06-2002, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the embraces everybody. I know you are right. Things are the way they were meant to be. I shudder to think though if Garth hadn't have taken the risk with Chris Gaines. The 90's would have still been a distant fog instead of a refreshing turn-around. But sometimes it feels like a tomb when everyone is off somewhere having all these Garth memories without the likes of me. Coming on the train alittle late leaves a bitter-sweet taste in my mouth that I hope turns into 'party time' soon inside this pumpkin shell.

Garthfan92
02-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Dale, I think everything happens for a reason. People come into our lives when they are supposed to. I've been a fan since '92, and that's just what was meant to be for me. It just so happens that that was a very tough time for me, and Garth played a major part in getting me through it. He came into my life when he was supposed to, but it still took me a while to realize the impact he'd had on me. You may not see it yet, but there is a reason Garth came into your life when he did, and not sooner. I may just be a while before you find out why.

Lisa

Y@nkee
02-06-2002, 11:03 PM
Hey, don't feel like the lone stranger, Dale!

There are a few of us who have been on the ride since the beginning and still haven't been lucky enough to see Garth in concert LIVE, except on television...and I'm one of them!

I'm just 'pickled tink' that Chris showed you the way! What a multi-talented man!!!

love ya!

Y@nkee

fuzzwuzz
02-06-2002, 11:29 PM
Thanks Lisa and Yankee. Guess we'll find out soon enough that this ride is just about to really get going. And I have made the bestest friends I never had. But there is supposed to me more. Much more. I can just feel it. Can't you?

allisonv7
02-06-2002, 11:42 PM
I feel it :)

allison.

gbcgbeliever
02-08-2002, 12:00 AM
I was a teenager when Elvis came on the scene and I lived in Nashville and thought it would have been so great to live in Memphis and have the chance to maybe see Elvis around town.. Made several trips to Memphis but was never lucky enough to do that except in concert once in Memphis and twice in Nashville... So it was awesome to live in Nashville in the 90's and not too far from Garth's Goodlettsville home..I saw and talked to him several times in businesses around where he lived. Also use to see Sandy some at the grocery store and once at the gas station with Taylor. Both always made me feel at ease and were always so nice and didn't make me feel as tho I was bothering them . Saw Garth several times in concert also.. So I do sympathize with anyone who hasn't had the chance to meet and talk with Garth as I would have loved to have done with Elvis. The 90's would have been very dull without Garth in our lives.. And treasure each meeting I had with him. Janet

fuzzwuzz
02-08-2002, 12:18 AM
Janet, that's great! But don't be feeling too sorry for me because I did get to meet Garth as a Met which is only a short ways from me. In fact, I had already schedualled my vacation for when my husband was out of town, not knowing Garth would be coming and that the best vacation I never had was about to fall right into my lap as a new Garth fan. I went to the field almost everyday for a week! And I watched him with the people. Met him twice. Awesome! But seeing him on stage performing his heart out through music is a whole 'nother league I see. I did see him in Philly on the 4th. That was cool. It felt good just to be at both of those things he was involved in(baseball along with Touch 'Em All, and our nation's independence) in support of what he was doing, and doing it for us. So I guess I'd better stop complaining now!

cajun4garth
02-09-2002, 08:40 PM
fuzzwuzz,

Boy, did you miss one good ride that we have had with Garth!

January, 1990.. Garth made his first debut in Lafayette, La.
at the Cajundome with none other than GEORGE STRAIT! Boy, did we ever have an opening act for the GEORGE STRAIT!

George is returning to Cajundome on February 28th with Jodee Messina!
It will be a great show... but wish that GARTH WOULD DECIDE TO COME TO CAJUN COUNTRY AND SURPRISE US!

diem nash
02-10-2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by cajun4garth
fuzzwuzz,

Boy, did you miss one good ride that we have had with Garth!

January, 1990.. Garth made his first debut in Lafayette, La.
at the Cajundome with none other than GEORGE STRAIT! Boy, did we ever have an opening act for the GEORGE STRAIT!

George is returning to Cajundome on February 28th with Jodee Messina!
It will be a great show... but wish that GARTH WOULD DECIDE TO COME TO CAJUN COUNTRY AND SURPRISE US!

WHO KNOWS!!! ;)

:)

Madeleine

cajun4garth
02-10-2002, 12:18 PM
fuzzwuzz,

You are right....because anything is possible with Garth..he has proven that to all of us since 1989.
HE WAS THE OPENING ACT FOR GEORGE STRAIT IN JANUARY..1990 PERFECT REASON TO COME FOR ANOTHER SHOW with his IDOL GEORGE STRAIT..To quote a saying of Garth's.. he was a George Strait Want To Be...

He first caught our hearts with "If Tomorrow Never Comes" in the late 1989. It happens that on November 10th,1989 we lost a very dear friend due to suicide. He left behind a precious lil 5 yr old girl. and that song meant so much to all of us greiving at that time and today.. She would say at that early age everytime we would hear If tomorrow never comes... she would say that makes me think of my daddy. Through the following years, I was fortunate enough to be able to get Garth tickets when he would be performing in Lafayette, Baton Rouge, and Houston Livestock show... and I always got a ticket for my lil god-child. She always knows when a New Garth CD came out that I would always get one for her..same for the videos. Many times when she comes over to visit we put in a Garth concert or special video. The only way to survive these days with him not touring.
I know his time with his family will be the best for Garth at this time in his life. "Love is thicker than Blood".awesome song

We just want Garth to know how much that one song has done for a lil girl that lost her daddy at the age of 5.. and she still attributes so much to that song and his music. We never did get the chance to personally meet him but my daughter and boyfriend met Garth's Mom at concert in Baton Rouge and she gave them 4 complimentary seats on the 2nd row. GREAT SHOW
I have some awesome shots of Garth on his last trip to Baton Rouge and will try to get scanned and send to you.

diem nash
02-10-2002, 12:49 PM
I am very touched by your story!!! Itīs sooo sad to hear about the lost, but even sooo wonderful to hear, how much that song helped and still helps you and especially that little girl.
This song and "The Dance" were the first songs I heard & understood & felt. They are always with me and helped me going through some sad things. They still do.
Itīs something youīll never forget and it gives you (and sooo many others sooo much strength).

Great, that you found it and Garth!

Thank you sooo much for sharing it with us!

Huggs!

Maddy