PDA

View Full Version : "Kiss Me Anyway" new song?

scout
01-31-2002, 02:45 PM
Steve Wariner was on Eddie Stubbs radio show (WSM here in Nashville) last tuesday night.. & said Garth just cut one of his songs called KISS ME ANYWAY (written by SW/Billy Kirsch)

Anyone got the scoop on this?

Is it for a b-side, movie soundtrack / mystery Trisha project?????

I hope WSM archives this show - so I can catch what he said word for word.

Hummmmmmm interesting :)

Maybe Stevie wrote it after their big CMA date. LOL
(I'm KIDDING)

Garth_FANtasizer
01-31-2002, 03:20 PM
I love the title "Kiss Me Anyway!" It sounds like it would be a fun song! Just the thought of those lips saying "Kiss Me" gives me a thrill! :eek:

I remember reading or hearing Steve say that Garth had recorded a song of his before "Scarecrow" came out. I expected to see it on the CD but it wasn't. It must be in that Capitol vault that I want to raid! LOL

~Ann~

jstensig
01-31-2002, 04:22 PM
WOW:eek: - this sounds great:D

Jakob

majmom
02-01-2002, 08:56 AM
Ann - COUNT ME IN on that raid!!lol

Kerry

Brits
02-01-2002, 01:33 PM
Here's the conversation from the interview... They were talking about Steve's carrier when Garth's name popped up :)
Eddie Stubbs and Steve Wariner.

Steve: ...(I'm) really just concentrating on the songwriting stuff, and knock on wood, it’s been going great. We had the last Keith Urban hit, that was “Where The Blacktop Ends”, that was my song, me and Alan Shandler (sp??) wrote that, and I’m thrilled about a new Diamond Rio cut, they just cut a song that Bill (Anderson) and I wrote called “Make Sure You’ve Got It All.”
And we got a Garth Brooks cut... he just cut a song of ours that Billy Kersh and I wrote, a song called “Kiss Me Anyway”, that’s really a neat song. So I got a lot of stuff out there and er, see what happens... But I love the songwriting so much, and right now that’s where my focus is right now.

Eddie: Any plans to get back and do some more recording with Garth on things like Longneck Bottle, that sort of thing?

Steve: Well I hope so, I love the way he does the swing kinda stuff, I really like seeing him do that.

Eddie: He really enjoys that too...

Steve: Yeah he loves it!

Eddie: ...a lot of people don’t understand that side of Garth

Steve: No, and yeah, he really likes that Real Country. What’s amazing about Garth is he knows all these old Country songs too. He’ll start throwin’ around some Jean Watson titles and stuff... He knows about ‘em, and he’s in to it, and sings all those songs. I’ve heard him talk about “Country Bumpkin” so many times, he loves that old Cal Smith hit, you know.
But yeah, I’d like to see him do some more swing and stuff, and I’d like to see him let me write some more of it for him too! *laughs*

Eddie: ...Garth, if you’re listening...

Steve (still laughing): Yeah let me write some more for ya!

Gotta love WSM AM... can hear it all the way up here in Indiana when the sun goes down!
Hazel :)

allisonv7
02-01-2002, 03:19 PM
I must be confused about the term retired...I always took it to mean something else :)

allison.

jstensig
02-01-2002, 03:56 PM
nice interview.:)

Jakob

ALI
02-01-2002, 06:37 PM
How exciting!!!!
Thanks for the update, so much for Garth "retiring" as we know it and thank goodness too! Something to look forward to during the winter blahs!!!
Hope it is released to the public as a single!

:cool:

Brits
02-01-2002, 07:06 PM
I understood it like Garth had cut this song for Scarecrow, but it didn't make it onto the album... :( not like this is a new thing for a new album/single.

Hazel

wizard2C
02-02-2002, 10:37 PM
Hi!

Guess you all didn't know....there's a brand new beanie just came out this week....."Kissme"...Date of Birth: February 7, 2001...."I'm as sweet as I can be, Wearing hearts for you to see, My new outfit is quite dandy, It looks as if I'm wearing candy." Ty Beanie Babies

carol :)
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002-2003"

Garthfan92
02-03-2002, 10:53 AM
Carol, I have to find one of those Beanies now! That's just too funny it has the same birthday and everything!

Lisa

wizard2C
02-03-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi!

Lisa, if you can't find one let me know. I should be able to get a few. I got one for Garth in the event I ever see him I'll give it to him. :)

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

PJ
02-03-2002, 11:24 AM
Allison - Garth always said he was retiring from touring, but not retiring from music altogether. I expect he'll still show up from time to time, just don't expect a new CD of new music anytime soon.

GottaB-GB
02-04-2002, 10:50 AM
I'm with Hazel and PJ.....and I've GOT to find one of those beanies!! I wish we could hear that "kiss me anyway" along with some others we know didn't make scarecrow...ya reading this Garth?? We still want to hear them!! Ya know some "lost cuts" would be nice......everyone send him subliminal messages okay maybe we can make this work ROFL!!

okay I think I need to cut my sugar today

Shelley

Chris Gaines
02-04-2002, 11:09 AM
the Beanies are on ebay :)

do a search for "Kissme Ty beanie"

Jason

Original GB Fan
02-04-2002, 12:27 PM
I just got my Kissme Beanie off of Ebay. The total including shipping was $9.95. A few dollars more than buying in a store - but then I didn't have the hassle of driving to a store trying to find one.

Have a good day!

JoAnne :o)

Paula
02-04-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by GottaB-GB
I'm with Hazel and PJ.....and I've GOT to find one of those beanies!! I saw lots of them this weekend at a Hallmark store. I don't think they will be too difficult to find.

Paula