PDA

View Full Version : Hokey Talk!! Not Honky Tonk!!

JoAnn L.
01-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Okay, not sure whre this original thread started...but I promised a few PG'ers if I could have my friend share her Garth encounter at the skating rink in Tampa...I'd post it here. Well here it is. Enjoy!

Subj: Re: Hi Karen..it's Jo got a request for ya
Date: 1/30/2002 1:07:35 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: JDLach0615

In a message dated 1/26/02 4:46:57 PM Mountain Standard Time, JDLach0615 writes:(this was posted somehwere on PG??)

<Yes, he did. I have a g/f who lived in Tampa at the time & worked at the rink they rented. Garth actually asked her if she would hold his wedding ring while out on the ice. She told him her favorite song was the Dance because her fiancÚ died of cancer a year b4...& on the way out the door...he started singing his favorite verse......."glad I didn't know, the way it all.............." etc. Very sweet Garth moment for her. She got to meet his parent too? He gave her two tickets for Saturdays show for the next night.
She also said Trisha was a far better hockey player then Garth...she skated circles around him.

Her version:
Jo you pretty much got everything. I went to the Ice Sports Forum website to try to find the link to the pictures but the company was sold. One of the partners of the company was in a very bad traffic accident. He had his sunvisor down blocking the sun. Then there was a four car accident. He went flying forward and the visor sliced the top of his head open. He has a lot of problems now with his health. But anyway on that happy note........Garth and his band and Trisha and her band all got there at like midnight. The rink I worked at was the home for the Tampa Bay Lightning training camps so we let all of the Garth bunch wear their uniforms. They all wanted to play hockey. Most of them were on the ice and I was just in awe standing at the glass when Garth came out and said "excuse me, what is your name?" I kinda looked at him like are you talking to me then I finally said "My name is Karen." Then he said "Karen, could you please get me another skate this one has a knot in it?" Then he told me it was for Trisha and asked if I had met her, I told him yes. So he is kinda looking at me at this point like are you going to get another skate or what. I look at the skate and said "I am really sorry but we aren't allowed to trade skates, if that one has a knot she is just going to have to use one of her shoes" The look on his face was priceless!! LOL Then I quickly said "I am just kidding around with you!" Then he said "I was going to say boy you people from Florida sure are weird" LOL Then we walked to the skate rental counter in the back and I told him he put on a great show earlier that night. He asked if I had a good time, if I had good seats and what my favorite song was. Then he thanked me for exchanging the skate for him and said "You know we do call Trisha scooter, might have to tell her that you wouldn't give me the skate and have her out there scooting along on the ice" Then I said "Hey Garth did you see my pumpkin I carved?" (it was a few days before Halloween, the pumpkin said welcome on it" He turned and looked at it and said "Oh yeah I do those kits with my girls every year" I said "Are you trying to tell me I am not creative enough to do that without a kit?" He laughed and said "Oh no Karen, I wasn't saying that" then he asked me to hold his ring cause he didn't want to scratch it. It was an awesome night.

The next day I had to be there at 8am and they didn't leave till like 3 or 3:30 but I was flying high. Then a man came in and asked for me at the front desk. I came out of my office and went up front and ask how I could help him and he told me he had left his camera there last night and Garth said he should ask for me. I almost started screaming. He told me he was part of Garth's band and to this day I still don't know who it was. At that time I didn't know all the band members. And with all the excitement I cant really remember what the guy looked like. When I went back to the concert Garth gave me tickets to, I made a big sign that said "Garth and the GANG got PUCKED at the ICE SPORTS FORUM" Trisha was the 1st to see it, she walked over pointed to me and then waved. Garth looked at it a few times but I don't think he could read it. All the band members saw it and waved and then finally Garth walked over to the side of the stage and read it. He pointed at me and very softly said "you're bad!" It was so exciting. I took the hockey director's 14 yr. old son to the concert because he covered part of my shift that night of the concert. We had the best time. It was an awesome few days!
Karen

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Jo.

PJ
01-30-2002, 05:31 PM
Thanks for sharing Jo!

It's funny that you chose that title for this thread. The Nashville Predators actually have a theme song called Hockey Tonk.

Garthfan92
01-30-2002, 10:26 PM
What a cool story! I can just picture Garth's face when he was told the skate wouldn't be replaced! LOL Thanks for sharing.

Lisa

CheyenneWindRoper
02-01-2002, 12:52 AM
Oh man Jo ~ This story is exactly what the Dr ordered for me tonight! :D Thanks so much, you'll never know what you have just done to brighten up my life!

Too damn funny...I love this...Garth fans are the best!

Huggs & HeartPats!
Mary Liz

matildajr
02-01-2002, 01:26 AM
Hey Jo, what a great story!!!

Makes me wanna get a job at the local ice rink ;) Maybe he and Trisha would like to do a little skating after the Grammy's???

Thanks big time for sharing :)
~Cara

fuzzwuzz
02-01-2002, 01:45 AM
Oh we are are we? ;) Get back on the ice pal. Let's see what you can do that I can't!!;) (Me and my big mouth. I hope I don't regret this!)

majmom
02-01-2002, 09:18 AM
Very Cool story, Jo and Karen....thanks for sharing it!

My favorite part? Garth telling you "you're bad" - I can picture him doing that!

Kerry

Greeny
02-01-2002, 05:32 PM
LOL~ I would love to see trisha kick Garths butt at hockey!:p and yes I do think she would win :D

Greeny
02-01-2002, 05:34 PM
> Trisha is bad :p lol