PDA

View Full Version : Who is the FAN with GARTH???????

Journey
01-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Standing in line at the grocery store yesterday, I picked up the ENQUIRER!!!!!!!!! I know! I know! but in any case, on the inside cover was a picture of Garth leaving the ROSIE show but stopped to sign an autograph for a fan. Who is she, I saw her in Nashville in March and at the tribute in December. I have forgotten her name but thought it was pretty :cool: to see that they were at least not bashing him for a change. :)

Journey

allisonv7
01-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Can you scan the pic in ?? :) And tell us a bit about the article?? :) :) :)

allison.

KindanewGarthfan
01-27-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey Journey I picked up a copy too. A lovely Garth Angel told me Garth was in it. I don't know who the fan is though. Buts its a very nice picture. Theres another picture of Garth in the Horoscopes too.

Hannah:)

Journey
01-27-2002, 02:17 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOps!!!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry everyone, my daughter informed me it was the STAR not the ENQUIRER and I think she is right.

KindanewGarthfan
01-27-2002, 03:00 PM
Cool, sounds like the same pictures in the Enquirer over here too. Is it of Garth leaning out of his car window talking to a fan, and she has a Scarecrow jacket on?

Hannah:)

gbcrazy
01-27-2002, 10:00 PM
If its outside the rosie show. It is probably Gotta B GB. Shelley is the only fan he stopped and talked to on the way out!

Not sure since I didn't see the article but I would almost guarantee its her.

Terry

wizard2C
01-27-2002, 10:07 PM
Hi!

A Scarecrow jacket??? [lol] :eek:

Where did she.......??? Yes, I have that same pix. Garth has a different look on his face....can't quite make it out....the emotion I mean!

I can't even get a Scarecrow shirt..... :(

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Lost 'n' Garth
01-27-2002, 10:43 PM
Terry:

It was Shelley!! I was at Albertson's picking up some stuff and while I was in line I picked up "The Star" 'cause I heard there was a picture of GB in it and I saw the picture and showed Bob and said "Oh My God..Look who it is!!!" What a Lucky Gal!!

Cheri :)

Monica Lockhart
01-27-2002, 10:51 PM
Wow!~~

How cool!! Shelley.. you go girl!

Now.. it would have been a dead give away had you had the M&M's jacket on that day! We wouldn't have been kept in suspsense! LOL

;)

Moni

GottaB-GB
01-27-2002, 10:51 PM
omg I am in the Enquirer?????????? ACK!!! what week is it anyone know I can't find it!

Shelley

Monica Lockhart
01-27-2002, 10:54 PM
Shelley,

I think it is The Star... not the Enquirerer.

I'll check tomorrow to see if I can find it here.

Moni

GottaB-GB
01-27-2002, 11:50 PM
oh WOW I finally got it!! I went to the gasmart as a last resort and he had some he was getting them ready for the guy to pick up. Said he'd be in soon with new ones...I said NO I need the old one. He goes...why who's in it. I said "ME"....he goes yeah right if you are in that magazine I'll give all of em to you for free lol.

hmmmm got 8 copies and didn't cost me a cent LOL'

Thanks for telling me guys MAN I almost missed it!!!! Terry girl thanks for calling me. I about fell off my bed!!!

and Thanks to those who offered to look for me that's very sweet!

Shelley

GottaB-GB
01-28-2002, 12:03 AM
okay here is the photo, I wonder if I can find the photographer to get a real photo. I even know who it was sorta....I was talking to him about cameras cuz he had a great camera. He had a london accent....oy!!!

I KNEW he was from a paper cuz of the camera but I had no idea he took a picture of me and Garth.

Shelley

http://www.princeton.edu/~sszwast/garthmoments/star.jpg

magiccrows
01-28-2002, 07:07 AM
where's that right hand goin shelley??? huh? huh? JUST KIDDING! *giggles*

Harriet
01-28-2002, 07:11 AM
well, isn't this just the coolest thing?! Shelley, congarths, and thanks for posting that link to the photo! I found out about it last night myself, and was worried that by the time I got to the 7/11 this morning, they'd already have the new issue out and I'd never get to see the photo...I totally knew it was you even before I "knew" it was you, you know what I mean? For those who are wondering how, it's simple...my friends and I met Shelley after the show let out, in the lobby of the NBC building (we were stuck inside the studio and didn't get the chance to see garth on his way out) and she had told us how she got to say a quick hi to him as he left...
you look good, girl! You and garth in the same photo, in the STAR of all places, lol...I always said that one day one of us would make that ragzine! Too cute! Was good saying hi to you that day..see? all's well that ends well, even though you were too late to make it to the show..things happen the way they are supposed to, I am a firm believer in that...

Harriet

Paula
01-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Wow, Shelley, how :cool:. PG has its own Tabloid Queen!:;

Paula

Original GB Fan
01-28-2002, 10:09 AM
Shelley, The Star should have on file who the photographer was and a way you can contact them. I once sent Garth a shirt, which later showed up in a photo that was published in a magazine and a book. I was able to write the photographer and she "sold" me a print.

Congrats on the picture. You are a very lucky girl to have had so many Garth moments.

JoAnne :)

majmom
01-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Very Cool, Shelley!!

Kerry

GottaB-GB
01-28-2002, 04:10 PM
I called and talked to someone today to see if they can put me in touch with the photographer. I know I spoke to him that day about his camera....just had no idea who he was EEESH!!

I think I'm still in shock. lol

Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone I really appreciate it. My face is so RED these days lol

Shelley

PJ
01-28-2002, 04:17 PM
So, Shelley, were you really getting Garth to sign a picture or was the caption made up?

I almost hate to ask, but what was the article about?

diem nash
01-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Real cool, Shelley!!! You lucky girl!
We are all sooo very proud, that one of us made it!!! :)
So good to see, that one of the best and loyalest Garth-Fans/Friends was the one! Itīs time, that the whole world realises, where they are! ;)

Originally posted by Original GB Fan
Shelley, The Star should have on file who the photographer was and a way you can contact them. I once sent Garth a shirt, which later showed up in a photo that was published in a magazine and a book. I was able to write the photographer and she "sold" me a print.

JoAnne, could you scan and show it? :)

Madeleine

Original GB Fan
01-28-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by diem nash
JoAnne, could you scan and show it? :)

Madeleine

Hi Madeleine, sure I can do that - however it will have to be in a few weeks. I am currently in a hotel with my family (and cat) awaiting the completion of our new house. All of our belongings are in storage. We have been here for over a month (small studio room) and am "very" anxious to get into the house. Look for it some time down the road. The picture is Garth wearing a t-shirt the says "Mr. New Dad". I think the book I saw it in is called "Garth Brooks Scrapbook" if I am remembering right (the books are in storage too).

Thanks,

gbcrazy
01-28-2002, 05:28 PM
PJ

Since I know Shelley is probably at work and can't answer I will tell you. NO THE CAPTION IS WRONG. Shelley is a professional photographer and always gives Garth a copy of the really good or unusual pics she gets of him. My guess is that is a copy of a pic she took of him right when he made that face while talking about Andrew playing such a bad guy in all his movies at LCC.

There was no Article just the pic in the start shots section on the back of the front page.

When Garth talked to stop to Shelley she had some information to give him and the pics. He didn't sign anything for her.

Terry

Garth_FANtasizer
01-28-2002, 06:46 PM
Well, now that they have her picture on file, next month we will see Shelley in the Star giving birth to an alien! LOL

Very cool picture! You both look great! :)

Now WHERE did you get that Scarecrow jacket! I want one!

~Ann~

PJ
01-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Thanks Terry - I figured it was something like that.

Original GB Fan
01-28-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Garth_FANtasizer
Now WHERE did you get that Scarecrow jacket! I want one!

~Ann~

Ann ... I am pretty sure those Scarecrow Jackets were only sold at his last LA and Padre Island concerts. I too would like to get my hands on one. I have seen them on ebay every now and then - I am waiting for one to come along at the "right" price.

Maybe some others will have some other ideas. I wish the Garth Store would open back up with some!

Lost 'n' Garth
01-28-2002, 09:33 PM
Cool Shelley!!

Glad you found the picture!! I had Bob go out and hunt for it so just in case you didn't get a hold of it!! So now I have a copy too!! :cool:

Should have gotten it when I saw it last week but figured since you were in it that you had to give them permission to print the photo...thus you knew about it!! Sorry about ASSUMING!!

But you know about the word..."ASSUMING" and the true meaning!!

Cheri :)

Garthfan92
01-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Congrats, Shelley!!! Very cool picture!

Lisa

LVGB4EVER
01-28-2002, 09:53 PM
:) VERY COOL :)

We have a star among us :)

*Sue jumping up and down stamping her feet* ----> "I WANT A SCARECROW COAT TOOOOOOOOOOOOO" *ROFL*

Take Care
Sue ;)

wizard2C
01-28-2002, 09:55 PM
Hi!

Shelley....you are so lucky.....to have seen Garth in person and...have a Scarecrow jacket. Wow....now we have our own celebs here at the Planet! ;)

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Chris Gaines
01-29-2002, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Original GB Fan

Ann ... I am pretty sure those Scarecrow Jackets were only sold at his last LA and Padre Island concerts. I too would like to get my hands on one. I have seen them on ebay every now and then - I am waiting for one to come along at the "right" price.

Maybe some others will have some other ideas. I wish the Garth Store would open back up with some!

From what I heard from Kelly & Crew was that GarthStore would open up to sell the "leftovers"

but we'll see =)

Jaosn

GottaB-GB
01-29-2002, 09:17 AM
Yes Terry is correct. I haven't asked for an autograph in a long time, it's something that isn't really important to me...I have one or two from a few years back, and who needs more than that, right. What's important is that Garth knows we support him and we love him.

I'm thinking of making Terry my official spokesperson, she always seems to be on the ball LOL

Shelley

gbcrazy
01-29-2002, 09:30 AM
:-) Well Shelley you can never be to careful. You let a question like that sit for to long and some people will have it twisted and bent back around again by the time its done. LOL

Besides I have practiced for quite awhile on how to deal with these Tabloid articles. I mean my Gosh by the time everyone gets done putting my life together for me I will have to go there to see exactly who I am and what I've done and who I am seeing. LOL.

I figured you got enough of the media in SPI but I guess not. Oh well lets just hope this photographer didn't get any other pics that he can sell to someone else to make a more interesting article.

Oh and who is Jaosn.

Nice ad for the Scarecrow Jacket Shelley, Now everyone will know what they look like. Except of course for that "unique" one janet got. LOL Just kidding Janet

Terry

Chris Gaines
01-29-2002, 10:08 AM
"Unique" one????????

LOL

I consider it a ...

"World Tour Jacket gone astray..." LMAO

"The Black Sleeve wonder from the past..LOL"

Jason

Chris Gaines
01-29-2002, 10:10 AM
Hey Terry...

Least the sleeves wasn't purple.. huh?

LMAO!!!!!!!!

OMy... maybe I shouldn't have said that LOL

Jason

GottaB-GB
01-29-2002, 12:30 PM
lol Terry well I tell ya....I am trying to find out that photographers name so I can find out what pics he has. Hopefully that's the only one, and even though everything would be innocent ya KNOW they have a habbit of making their own conclusions....the tabloids, I mean. LOL

I was SURE you'd beat me to the Ragazines....either you or Teresa ;-) ROFL

Shelley

P.S. Jason, so when we finally take those photos we discussed I expect you to be wearing purple! ROFL

ferretcrazy
01-29-2002, 07:08 PM
Very Cool Shelley!! :) I remember you now from Nashville, at the 75th Birthday at the Opry. Right?

Joan :)

Anonymous77
02-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey Shelley... I missed the article... I went to the supermarket after I heard about you being in the magazine, and went thru all the tabloids...

the only thing I got from that is a bunch of weird stories... hehehe... they didn't have the one you were in any more...

:(

Very cool, girl... !!!!!!!!

Speaking of getting merchandise from the concerts, I still have some pics for you from L.A. if you're still interested. Just email me to let me know either way...

Thanks!!!!!!!

Oh, and one of these days, I'm gonna get Jen to send me a copy of that pic of you, me, and Eric in Nashville in August... hehehe... that was a cute pic of us...

:)

GottaB-GB
02-04-2002, 10:43 AM
OMG I forgot about those!!!! I need less jobs, that's all there is too it LOL.

That WAS a great pic, maybe Jen can post it for us??

Jen??

Shelley

Garthologist
02-04-2002, 04:38 PM
That pict is sooo awesome Shelley!! What a great moment caught in print!!!

:)

NJ4GARTH
02-04-2002, 11:01 PM
Next headline in the Star

Garth Brooks' Other Woman

Sorry Shelly just kidding.......LOL

Tom

GottaB-GB
02-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Well if I've got to end up in the Star who better to be in it with I guess rofl

Greeny
02-05-2002, 11:55 PM
I saw the pic in the mag today! very cool :D

Anonymous77
02-10-2002, 05:17 PM
I think Jen's in La La Land... and I doubt she has the pic scanned, either... I came thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to getting a copy of it when I was in Nashville in October... but I forgot to take it with me.

:mad:

*ugh*

I shoulda never went blonde!!!!!! Hehehe...