PDA

View Full Version : Garth on List of ACM Preliminary Nominees

Paula
01-24-2002, 07:43 PM
I found this at countrystars.com but haven't been able to access the ACM website to find out in what categories Garth is nominated. We'll have to wait until mid-March to see if he makes the final five. The awards show is scheduled for May 21 on CBS.
ACM RELEASES PRELIMINARY NOMINEES LIST
The first ballot results for the 37th Annual Academy Of Country Music Awards are in. The first ballot approved by the ACM Board Of Directors on January 15 will be mailed to the thousands of members of the Academy Of Country Music on Thursday, January 31. The deadline for it to be returned to Call and Call Accounting Corporation will be March 8. Five nominees for 15 of the 18 ACM categories will be announced in L. A. at a press conference during the week of March 11. Three nominees are announced in the Top New Female, Top New Male and Top New Vocal Duo/Group categories at the press conference.

TRAVIS TRITT is nominated for nine in seven categories including: Entertainer Of The Year, Top Male Vocalist, Video Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Single Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Vocal Event Of The Year (with Patty Loveless.) He is both the co-producer and artist for his Album and Single Record Of The Year nominations.

BROOKS & DUNN have eight nominations in six categories with Kix Brooks having a co-composer nom for Song Of The Year, bringing his total to nine. Brooks & Dunn are nominated for Entertainer Of The Year, Top Vocal Duo, Video Of The Year, Album Of The Year, Single Record Of The Year and Song Of The Year. They have nominations for both co-producers and artist in the Album and Single categories.

TOBY KEITH has eight nominations in six categories including: Entertainer, Top Male Vocalist, Video, Album (co-producer/artist,) Single Record (co-producer/artist) and Song Of The Year.

TIM McGRAW has eight nominations in six categories including: Entertainer, Top Male Vocalist, Album (co-producer/artist,) Single Record (co-producer/artist,) Song and Vocal Event Of The Year (with Jo Dee Messina.)

ALAN JACKSON has six nominations in five categories including Entertainer, Top Male Vocalist, Video, Single Record and Song Of The Year (co-composer/artist.)

DIAMOND RIO is nominated in six nominations in four categories including: Top Vocal Group, Album Of The Year (co-producer/artist,) Single Record Of The Year (co-producer/artist,) and Song Of The Year.

GARTH BROOKS and LONESTAR are nominated in four categories.

TAMMY COCHRAN has five noms in three categories.

KENNY CHESNEY, GEORGE STRAIT, CYNDI THOMSON, AARON TIPPIN and TRISHA YEARWOOD each have four nominations in three categories.

TRACE ADKINS, MONTGOMERY GENTRY and BRAD PAISLEY have three nominations each.

CAROLYN DAWN JOHNSON has three nominations in two categories.

JESSICA ANDREWS, the DIXIE CHICKS, FAITH HILL, STEVE HOLY, GEORGE JONES, PATTY LOVELESS, REBA McENTIRE, JO DEE MESSINA, NICKEL CREEK, JAMIE O'NEAL, BUCK OWENS, BLAKE SHELTON, TRICK PONY and the "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?" soundtrack each has two nominations.Paula

Okay, I tried one more time to get into the ACM website and was successful this time. Garth's preliminary nominations are in the categories of Entertainer of the Year, Top Male Vocalist, Album of the Year, and Vocal Event (with George Jones) for Beer Run.

This is the full press release - ACM Preliminary Nominations (http://www.acmcountry.com/show_story.php?id=7)

Garthfan92
01-24-2002, 07:46 PM
I think he'll make the final cut in all 4 categories. They HAVE to recognize the success of Scarecrow!

Thanks for the info, Paula.

Lisa

DixieChick4GB
01-24-2002, 10:21 PM
Very :cool: no matter what categories it's in. :)
Elaine

nelty
01-24-2002, 10:27 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!! :)

I hope he wins all... Best of luck, Garth!

Nelly

KindanewGarthfan
01-25-2002, 09:26 AM
OMG!!! How cool, you go Garth.
Thanks for posting the link Paula

Hannah:)

Garth_FANtasizer
01-25-2002, 03:50 PM
Congratulations and good luck, Garth!

Now I just hope he goes to the awards show. I'll be having serious withdrawals by then and I'll need to see him bad!

~Ann~