PDA

View Full Version : Another little thing for Garth's b-day

Jen19
01-22-2002, 06:49 PM
We did this once before and it worked out pretty well. I was thinking we could all email our local stations and tell them to wish Garth a very 40th happy b-day. Ask them if they will do anything speical in the means of playing his music for his big 40. I already emailed my local Nashville stations :)

JEN

ALI
01-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Hey Jen

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me :cool:
and we are the ones that benefit from it too! We get to hear MORE of Garth! How can we go wrong.
We have a new country station in our city so I think to honour Garth's birthday, I will ask them to play as much of Garth as possible.
Thanks for the idea!!!

countyfair_85
01-22-2002, 08:44 PM
here's a site I've used in the past to find radio stations to e-mail or request songs on the net by their call letters, frequency, etc.
What's great about this site it lists stations from all around the world.

http://www.songsearch.net/netradio.htm

-Diane

Monica Lockhart
01-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Great idea, Jen..

I will start emailing my station DJ's right now. :)

Moni

wmcinnis
01-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Terrific idea Jen:) Our local station here is pretty Garth friendly so I'm sure they'll have a great time with this:) I'll get right on it!
-Susan-

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
01-23-2002, 12:39 AM
The message is in the e-mail Jen :). While I was at my radio station's site, I decided to check out the latest updates (they recently overhalled the whole site.) Well, they have added a huge country artist site directory. Of course I had to check out what site they had a link to for Garth....where else but the best site on the planet...THIS Planet! :D

CC :)

Monica Lockhart
01-30-2002, 12:40 AM
Let's all remember to contact our local stations and have them play some Garth on Feb 7th!!

:)

Moni

lee512w
01-30-2002, 01:24 AM
I just e-mailed one the DJ's at the local station and on his profile his favorite artists were Matina McBride and who else but...our man himself,Garth!! :cool:

Invited him to check out the Planet too....

So maybe we'll hear him wishing the man a Happy 40th!!

Lee2

MtnGirlCrazy4Garth
01-30-2002, 01:49 AM
Great idea, Jen!!! :)

And, thanks much, Diane, for that link, that should really help out!!! :)

LVGB4EVER
01-30-2002, 11:38 AM
GREAT Idea :) I shall do that right now....c'mon all my fellow Canadians let's do this for Garth :)

Take Care
Sue ;)

Jen19
01-31-2002, 02:28 PM
Garth's Birthday is in one week..so get emailing :)

JEN

Garth_FANtasizer
01-31-2002, 03:17 PM
I'll email them but I don't think it will matter to my station. I can't even get them to play "WUIY!" :rolleyes:

It can't hurt to try though! :)

~Ann~

CountryBee
02-01-2002, 12:40 AM
Unfortunately, our two local area country radio stations are not listed on that web site. I'll bet they don't have web sites or e-mails.
Bee

ALI
02-04-2002, 06:57 PM
Hey Jen

I took your advice, see my thread. My radio station is holding a contest to honour Garth's birthday.

Thanks for the great idea, sometimes they DO listen to the fans ideas!!!
:cool:

Paula
02-04-2002, 09:19 PM
I emailed all the DJs at my radio station. I hope they make a big deal of it. Thanks for the idea!

Paula

Paula
02-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Just thought I'd bring this thread current. My radio station has been playing Garth today and mentioning his birthday. The DJ who is on right now has a request hour and said in celebration of Garth's 40th birthday to call in your favorite Garth song. I called and requested WYCBTMA. He hasn't played it yet, but he has been playing a Garth song every three or four songs and so far has played SMI, CBR and UP.:D

Paula

Y@nkee
02-07-2002, 11:56 PM
"Camel-Country" (KMLE108FM in Phoenix, AZ) played Garth all day! The morning guys, Ben & Brian dedicated their entire 4-hour set to Garth and even called GBM and left messages for him on Kelly's voice mail.

It has been a Garth-tastic Day!!!

Happy B-day Bud! Welcome to the 'Forties'!!!!

Y@nkee