PDA

View Full Version : Confession

allisonv7
01-17-2002, 12:52 AM
Fellow PGers, I have a confession to make....I think it's best to get it out in the open now and learn how to deal with it. I'm addicted to the Planet Garth Forums. :eek: I check the forums a dozen times a day, I post nonstop....I just can't get enough of it, it's like a drug! I think that there should be a new forum where people like me can talk about their addiction :) I hope I'm not in a boat by myself on this one.

allison.

Anonymous77
01-17-2002, 01:30 AM
You're not alone... I've been using for a little over a year now... I'm still hooked.

"Might as well face, you're addicted to Garth... might as well face, you're addicted to Garth!!!!!!!"

hehehehe... Welcome to the 'family' Allison! ;)

lee512w
01-17-2002, 09:56 AM
Like allison said...You're not alone!!!My hubby thinks I'm crazy for spending so much of my time on the Planet....He just doesn't get it, like we do;).....It's like a wonderful place to runaway to for a few minutes in our hectic world!!!
Lee2

ProducerJ
01-17-2002, 10:05 AM
My name is Joyce, and I too am a PG addict.

I don't know how it happened, really. I think it started somewhere after the convention this summer, after I met Moni and Mary Liz and CC and Dani and Teach and Susan and Mo and JoAnne and Paula and... well you get the idea.

First it was occasional visits every couple of days. Then it was a couple of times a day. Now... well, anytime I need a stress reliever from work I pop on over to see what's going on. And since I'm on the computer the better part of the day, well, I pop in quite frequently. And I find if I don't, then there are too many replies to the main forum to keep up on and I miss important stuff!

I don't know if there is a cure to PG Addiction but if there is - KEEP IT TO YOURSELF - I don't want it!
:D
J.

Pilgrim
01-17-2002, 10:11 AM
I'm not an addict:)

I hope you get your problem fixed soon:)

Brian;)

MT4GB
01-17-2002, 10:11 AM
I admit I am seriously addicted too!

The social worker at the hospital told me that it would be good if I had "friends" that I could talk with about what is going on in my life! I did not tell him about pg thro! I could imagine the look on his face! It is my break away from from everything and it is so cool that I can meet and talk with people from across the country and other countries! Of course Gary thinks that I am nuts because of all the time I spend here! Where else besides work could I get away with it about the smart aleck remarks I make?!! :rolleyes: :p :eek:

Nancy :D

BeverlyOrtego
01-17-2002, 10:21 AM
Hi Joyce, and others,
You are not alone... Being able to be a part of P.G. atleast we can feel like we are not completely cutoff from GARTH!
Reading the forums all during the day has become part of my daily routine... that is better than sitting on a chat-line talking non-sense to a bunch of strangers... Being a part of GP is like having an extended family.... Keep up the posting.. That is part of GP
Sharing GARTH WITH HIS FANS.

I have enjoyed Planet Garth everysince there was a PG. I belonged to the Believer as long as the magazine was published and spoke to Joyce and some of the girls on different occasions... so PG keeps us in touch with the Believers still in 2002 even after Retirement"
Calling Garth From Lafayette, La. not Baton Rouge... and we are so proud of his great success with his CALLING BATON ROUGE....
GARTH RATED A LSU TIGERS #7 FOOTBALL JERSEY FOR HIS SATURDAY NIGHT PERFORMANCE... HE WORE IT FOR HIS SATURDAY NIGHT SHOW.
His live version of Calling Baton Rouge was recorded in Baton Rouge and BELIEVE....THIS... I WAS THERE FOR ALL 3 SHOWS.

BeverlyOrtego
01-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Ooops I made a boo-boo and sent your message to wrong area.
anyway... Brian you say you are not an addict but from the way you sound in your posts..on PG... you are a sweet person and it won;t be long until you will be just like us... ADDICTED TO GARTH.
We will be waiting for you... Bev

GBShameless
01-17-2002, 10:53 AM
Your defintely not alone. I'm an addict also, I try to go on as much as possible during the day at work, okay about every hour. :)

Just can't stay away and don't want to, this place is defintely a stress reliever.

Robin :) :)

Pilgrim
01-17-2002, 10:58 AM
Hey Beverly:)

well I don't think I will ever be addicted to any website, counting Bruce sites as well.
I could easily leave if I wanted to. But I would miss the people more than Garth or the site if I left.
I hope that makes sense *LOL*

Brian:)

Vanessa
01-17-2002, 11:23 AM
I'm soooooo addicted to PG.. :D Just look at the number of posts I have.. :D This is a great place to come and get away from the world.. I love this "drug"

Vanessa :)

BeverlyOrtego
01-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Hi Brian,

Just tissing you... you don;t have to be an addict to enjoy PG.
I have really met some sweet people that visit PG. we dont all have the same views....but what is life about anyway.atleast we get to share and express our views with others.

By the way..... GARTH LOVES LOUISIANA FOOD TOO!

Jen19
01-17-2002, 11:39 AM
Addicted - who me ??? No,couldn't be ,isn't it normal. We better have group meetings now to disssus our problems..LOL

I LOVE PG :)

JEN

madam divine1
01-17-2002, 02:01 PM
***she stands up -- clears her throat and begins to speak***

"Hello everyone, my name is Tina --

and...

I'm a PLANETGARTHAHOLIC"

Whew!! ***takes a deep breath & gulps***

"there i said it, i admit it, i'm stone-cold hooked!!

well they say admitting it is the first step right :D but the only problem i have is that i DON'T want to give up this habit! :D

i need this habit! i want this habit! i gotta have this habit!

OK!, please somebody stop me just give me a "new post injection" :D :D and i'll be fine for a little while! (LOL)

***she speaks calmly now***

"bye 4 now"

Tina

Pilgrim
01-17-2002, 05:21 PM
*LOL* Beverly:)

I think the world would be boring if everybody thought the same way or had the same POV:)
I like being different;)

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. Mark Twain

Brian:)

ShellyGirl
01-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Brian,
That is so sweet...saying you would miss the people here more than you would Garth or the site...very nice thing to say!
ShellyGirl

Garthfan92
01-17-2002, 10:00 PM
Let me join the long list of PG addicts. I spend half the day at work WISHING I could get on here. I'd get in trouble for being on at work though. They monitor our on-line time. Now maybe 5 mins. on my lunch break wouldn't be a problem. Thing is, I would get on and see all the new posts to read and not get off for an hour! That could cause some real problems. So I just wait until I get home. My addiction started out as maybe a half hour a day. Now it's more like an hour when I get home, and another hour before I go to bed! It's getting BAD! I don't think I want to get help though! LOL

Lisa

Pilgrim
01-18-2002, 12:15 PM
Thank you ShellyGirl:):D:)

Brian

garthssummer
01-18-2002, 09:13 PM
i cant help it as well i only come online to come here my parent think in insane
well i am over garth

:):):):)
Love Shelby

Jude
01-19-2002, 07:30 AM
I too am an addict. But like Brian, I would miss the friends I have here on PG.
I don't go on PG at work but as soon as I get home it is on. On the days when the server has been down I pick up the phone and chat to other British PG'ers.

Beverley, so Garth loves Louisianna food - well what is there not to love about it.

Jude

babyblue777
01-19-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm not addicted, nope, not me, I could go away anytime I want:P

babyblue777
01-19-2002, 12:05 PM
OK, it's been about 2 mins., I'm ready to come back now:)

By the way, that P at the end of my sentence was supposed to be a face sticking it's tounge out :p

diem nash
01-19-2002, 01:52 PM
:D

I could leave whenever I want. Itīs just easy! I donīt need it!!
And then I wake up and run to my computer to watch, whatīs going on at my Planet, where I live and feel home, where my second family lives. "Everybody okay there?" Good!!!

:D :D :D

Huggs to all my sisters & brothers!!!

Maddy

Jadzia
01-19-2002, 03:30 PM
:D:D

Elena.

CountryBee
01-20-2002, 03:05 AM
I'm addicted, too! If I don't check in here at least twice a day I feel like I'm missing something, or I worry about missing something good. I don't have to post every time I'm here, I just have to be here.
Bee