PDA

View Full Version : Coast to Coast shows

Jeff Henson
01-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone is doing good during Garth's hybernation. I have a question for everyone. If Garth's three Coast to Coast shows were to promote his new CD Scarecrow then why did he only play three songs off the CD on the shows. I remember when Sevens came out Garth didn't really play any of that new stuff either. He cam out at the stage and said your going to hear 90% of the old stuff. Do you think this is because he doesn't know the songs well enough yet?

ProducerJ
01-14-2002, 01:05 PM
I think that's just Garth's way of whetting folks' appetite for new music, showing them how good the old stuff was. And he has repeatedly said that when he sees George Strait or someone in concert he wants to hear the hits.

I guess it's a reverse marketing psycology. LOL
J.

Lowell Miller
01-14-2002, 03:33 PM
I really, really wanted to hear the new stuff. :(

PJ
01-14-2002, 10:28 PM
As Garth himself said during the South Padre Island concert, when he goes to concerts he likes hearing the old stuff as well as new so he is just trettaing the fans to what he, as a fan, would want to hear.

I know I am a big fan of Barenaked Ladies and they put on a great show, but my one complaint is that they do not play the old stuff in concert.

madam divine1
01-16-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey Jeff, as far as his not playing anything from the "sevens" album i think that was basically because he had not released it yet. I read somewhere that it was supposed to be released the same night as the concert in Central Park, NY but because of the dispute that was going on with the record lable he decided not to release the masters of "sevens" hence he did not sing any of the songs that night -- but then he did them when they showed the "Ireland & Back" concert on T.V.

Hope this helps! :)

Tina