PDA

View Full Version : That number 7 . . .

ProducerJ
01-11-2002, 08:05 PM
From Country.com

O Brother Rebounds to Reclaim No. 1 Chart Spot

Chet Flippo
01/11/2002

Garth Brooks' Scarecrow has been dethroned after seven straight weeks as the top-selling country album. The new champion? Same as last year's -- the soundtrack that has become a phenomenon.

Now certified quadruple platinum, with shipments in excess of 4 million copies, O Brother, Where Art Thou? reclaims the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart for its 25th week over the past year. Scarecrow, with shipments of over 3 million copies, drops to No. 2.

Toby Keith's Pull My Chain continues in the No. 3 slot, Martina McBride's Greatest Hits climbs a notch to No. 4 and the Coyote Ugly soundtrack rises to No. 5.

Previously charting albums that re-enter the chart this week are Dolly Parton's Grammy-nominated Little Sparrow at No. 74 and the Driven soundtrack (with tracks by Jo Dee Messina, LeAnn Rimes and Tim McGraw) at No. 75.

Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)" tops the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart for the fourth straight week. George Strait's "Run" climbs a notch to No. 2, Aaron Tippin's "Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly" drops to No. 3, Steve Holy's "Good Morning Beautiful" holds at No. 4 and Keith's "I Wanna Talk About Me" stays at No. 5.

Trace Adkins' "I'm Tryin'" holds at No. 6. Brooks' "Wrapped Up in You" continues at No. 7. Brad Paisley's "Wrapped Around" stays at No. 8. Climbing one position to No. 9 is "Bring on the Rain" by Messina with McGraw and David Ball's "Riding With Private Malone" drops to No. 10.

Debuting on the singles chart are the Strait-Jackson duet on "Designated Drinker" at No. 54, Trick Pony's "Just What I Do" at No. 55 and Gary Allan's "The One" at No. 56.

SweetGBFan
01-11-2002, 08:15 PM
Is anyone thinking Garth could take back the top spot next week. I think that it was the Grammy nominations that bumped O Brother back to #1. Im watching next week to see what happens. Im waiting for Wrapped Up In You to either go up the chart or start going down. It has been at#7 for a month!!! Anyway Garth had a great run with Scarecrow. Everyone still loves him!!!

shelde2003
01-11-2002, 10:47 PM
hey ya'll gotta give our man credit i mean who would expect him to come back after two years NUMBER ONE and for 7 weeks. personally, i don't think any of us could haver asked for a better come back. i think if garth could respond to this he would say that he was rpoud just to even have the number one spot. they are both amazing albums. So i' m not suprised at all. just my two cents and then some

wizard2C
01-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Hi!

Garth's Scarecrow remains at #1 with my heart! :)
Garth's Wrapped Up With You remains at #1 with me ;)
That's where they started and that's where they'll stay!

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!"