PDA

View Full Version : being at the AMA

littlebit
01-10-2002, 12:05 PM
and seeing Garth get his award live was soooo cool!

it was worth wearing a "little black dress" (in public for the first time in my life) and almost getting lost when i got off the fwy. Learning to read a map when i came back out here to s. ca was one the best things i ever did. lol otherwise, i'd still be out there wandering around.

**patting my heart**

from my heart to yours Garth, Congratulations. You deserved it a million times over. You looked very handsome last night up there. :o :) Thank you, the Stillwater band, the musicians that do the studio work, for all the music ya'll have given us.

You're my biggest inspiration, no matter what happens.

**littlebit trying not get emotional or melt on the floor**

i know this sounds dumb, cos i'm just a fan, but i was really proud of you, seeing you up there like that.

wish you was gonna be at the Peoples Choice awards cos i get to go to it too. "Mr. Hill" doesn't deserve the award, YOU do.

The best part of the show? Dumb question, yes? Where's my sign . .

i loved Toby Keith's performance, the lady who did the gospel singing, the girl who sang when she was presenting (her name escapes me,) she had short dark hair and did it in the beginning of the show. Lenny Kravitz was hot!(Janet Jackson's comment on his fine rear was cute, but i think i know someone's who's rear is much cuter), & Cher's performance was cool. MJ was a dud, and the George Harrison & co. tribute was great ('cept for the idjits that didn't pay attention to Mr. Clarks plea of not clapping.)

This time Chuck DID tape it and Sean swears he saw me, tho i think that was more wishful thinking. SO no fight this time anyway, 'cept Chuck wanted to know why i didn't bring Jenny McCarthy home.

Thank you JoAnn (my Garth Angel) for helping me to get in. (which is a whole 'nother story in itself. lol)

Thank you Cara for getting me a ticket so i could get the AMA sweatshirt (which i'm wearing right now, cos mang, it's cold!)

Thank you to the Powers that Be that i ended up staying in my seat (5 rows from center stage) most of the show and so, was very close when Garth got his award, and showing me if i stay positive, some of my dreams can still come true.

Thank you JoAnn, Cara and Kathy for just being my friends.

Thank you to the guy in line that said i looked very nice, i was kinda embarrassed, but it was nice to hear anyway. :o

Best part after the show? would've been giving Garth his shirt, but seeing how that wasn't in the cards this time, i gotta say it would be sitting at the chinese resturant and talking and laughing and having a great time with my fellow Garthkateers. We closed the place down, and the manager was nice enough to take a pic of all of us.

i made the first Friends thru Garth shirt. And had hoped to give it Garth, but we didn't see him after the show. i'm sure he probably left early to go home to his family.

**sigh** i'll get it to him somehow, i guess.

My fellow Garthkateers are next to get theirs. (And then i'm coming after the rest of you, hehehe, oh yes, i KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!) yes, that's a threat!

i wish JoDee Messina had won an award. she deserved it way more than Faith did.

And i agree 100% with what Garth said about the feud betwn shows. i think the guy that does the Grammy's is a jerk for starting it. And i hope Dick Clark wins.

whew!!! sorry this is so long. i'm gonna lie down now, cos i didn't go to sleep till 3 this morning and had to get up at 6:00 to get Sean ready for school.

(note to self, DO NOT drink two cups of coffee so late at night, what were you thinking you idjit!)

countyfair_85
01-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Thanks for sharing your moments from the awards!
lucky you! :)
look forward to hearing more when your rested!

-Diane

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
01-10-2002, 12:25 PM
YAY DeAnnalynn!!!!!!! :D That is so awesome and you sure as heck deserved the good time! I just can't stop smiling! :D Thanks so much for sharing your special time with us! :D

BIG (((HUGS))) ~~ CC

ProducerJ
01-10-2002, 12:30 PM
Hey Littlebit!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your awards show experience with us! You represented us well, and we're SO GLAD you were there for us!

JoAnn is indeed a sweetheart, she helps others so selflessly!

J.

P.S. . . . not to get your heart TOO fluttery, but I think Garth IS going to be at the PCA... GOOD LUCK!

Hawk7lte
01-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Years ago I was on Dick Clark's bandstand (dancing) - what fun that was!

He's been special to me since. I'm always pleased when things go well for him.

By the way Littlebit when I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday buying another appointment book - I learned it is the "year of the witches" - almost bought a witches calendar but you all know how broke I am right now. Love the Sept. pictures in those calendars - they have the "indian" touch to them.

Anyway Littlebit I'd say you have earned and deserve such good experiences - your heart is always in the right place. :)

Hawk

Yukongirls
01-10-2002, 01:58 PM
So glad you got to go to the AMA's DeAnnalynn! :)

That would have been awesome to be there in person and watching him give his speech. And if Joyce is right and hopefully she is. You get to see him again. Lucky girl! :)

Leanne & Michelle

BigGfan4life
01-10-2002, 02:03 PM
That's awesome that you go to go to the awards and be so close! Congrats! :D And thanks for sharing your story with us!

allisonv7
01-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by littlebit

i know this sounds dumb, cos i'm just a fan, but i was really proud of you, seeing you up there like that.

I don't think that's dumb at all...I know exactly how you feel!! I was as proud of Garth last nite as I've ever been of anyone. To believe in someone as much as I believe in Garth, for all these years...I dont know how to explain it...but to see him get that kind of recognition means a lot to me. My roommate thought I was a nut though :eek: oh well :)

allison.

Jen19
01-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Sounds like you had a great time- thanks for being there to help represent the planet. and thanks for sharing your story with us-

JEN

Paula
01-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your story with us...I'm glad some PGers were able to experience the show live. Thanks for representing the fans!

Paula

majmom
01-10-2002, 09:51 PM
very cool, littlebit - so glad you were able to be there for all of us and sit so close most of the night!

Thanks for sharing,

Kerry

PJ
01-10-2002, 09:56 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your experince! Do you happen to know what or who Garth waved to and the very beginning of his speech? It looked like someone in the balcony had a sign maybe?

Garthfan92
01-10-2002, 10:59 PM
Wow! How cool it must have been to be there in person. Thanks for telling us about it!

Lisa

Pilgrim
01-11-2002, 02:52 AM
Awesome story deAnnalynn:D:D

Brian

shelde2003
01-11-2002, 11:05 PM
do you have ANY idea lucky you were. OMG just the chance to ge that.i'm going to my bedroom to cry now

Vanessa
01-12-2002, 03:09 PM
DeAnn-

TThanks for sharing your experience with us..I really enjoyed reading it. It sounds like you had a wonderful time :)**HUGS**

Vanessa :)

countryLadywest
01-12-2002, 08:08 PM
Garth took off fast,I don't blame him though,thanks.