PDA

View Full Version : I think Tim got the Peoples Choice

SweetGBFan
01-06-2002, 04:55 PM
I was just on the Tim McGraw web site and under his tv appearances is The Peoples Choice awards on the 13th. Usually the person that won is the person that is on. How could Tim have won over our Garth?
Hasnt Garth won this award every year? He even won in a year he didnt do anything. I am very upset!

allisonv7
01-06-2002, 05:36 PM
Tim had a huge year, where Garth didn't do much...as much as I hope Garth will win the award, you gotta be realistic, I think we're all a little biased being such huge Garth fans.

"Hope for the best, Expect the worst."

allison.

Pilgrim
01-06-2002, 05:53 PM
Very well said Allison:)

Brian

babyblue777
01-06-2002, 06:20 PM
Tim was there last year for People's Choice and wasn't nomianted for anything. Faith was nominated and won for best female artist last year, she's nominated again this year, so don't lose hope. But it's up to the people and if Tim does win, he deserves it.

littlebit
01-06-2002, 10:45 PM
But did Garth get nominated this year?

Garthfan92
01-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Usually it is the artist that performs who wins, but not always. They try to throw you off on some, so there's still hope. You never know for sure.

Lisa

fuzzwuzz
01-07-2002, 12:03 AM
someone has to follow in Garth's footsteps. Tim gets my vote.

littlebit
01-07-2002, 12:10 AM
i hope so cos i get to go this year. :(

wizard2C
01-07-2002, 12:14 AM
Hi!

Well, Garth is my Choice.....Aren't I "People"? (lol)
;)

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

littlebit
01-07-2002, 12:44 AM
sorry, but i think this year Garth's concerts and cd eclipse Tim's by a million miles. Not bias, cos i've heard both, but i've always felt tim has been riding on Garth's coattails since the beginning. nothing against him or nothing, i think Garth has done more, tim hasn't done any commericals either.

allisonv7
01-07-2002, 01:14 AM
Tim did some commercials for Bud Light

allison.

shelde2003
01-12-2002, 12:07 AM
well that just sucks... i'm going on a protest WHO'S WITH ME LOL

BeverlyOrtego
01-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Hey.. you must have really missed the Tim commercial for Bud-light
it not only featured Tim... but his dad Tug McGraw was also on
Tim's bus... when stopped by a state trooper! you have got to see it it is so cute... and Also.. Tim has not had to ride on Garth's coat-tail to make it.... I love both these guys a bunch.. We are more protective of "Our Louisiana Boy"... so give Tim a break.. he is great along with MANY OTHER Country stars that have made country music the #1 music! GARTH IS STILL MY #1 CHOICE!Everytime he made his visit to our great state of LOUISIANA... I WAS AT THE SHOWS.
His last 3 shows that he played in BATON ROUGE".. Were the most memorable for me because it was the last show that Garth's mom was with us in BATON ROUGE....AND SHE GAVE US COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS TO GO TO THE FRONT ROW... SO IT WAS A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!
This are also some great guys, Clay Walker,Tracy Lawrence,Mark Chestnut,Sammy Kershaw, and the list goes on. GARTH HAS INDEED PUT SOME SPUNK IN COUNTRY MUSIC BUT I DO AGREE WITH HIS ARTICLE IN COUNTRY WEEKLY as to where Country music is heading with all of the young acts... singing about heartbreak, experiences... a song has to come from your heart and if you have not lived it yet....how can you really put your feelings into a song?

PJ
01-12-2002, 07:16 PM
In case you missed recent trheads, it seems Garth will be attending and not Tim so it looks like Garth won another one!

BeverlyOrtego
01-12-2002, 09:04 PM
PJ.. thanx for info but I keep up with the updates and am aware that Garth will be there to accept THE-"People's choice
award..... TIM...IS STILL THE ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR! THEY ARE BOTH GREAT FOR COUNTRY & POP MUSIC