PDA

View Full Version : Let Love Live.....

wizard2C
01-04-2002, 03:57 PM
Hi!

Well, I really don't see what's all that bad with that Globe article. For one, it has a great photo of Garth on the cover. Secondly, it is nothing we did not already know.....that Garth does like Trisha. And if it is in his heart and always has been to finally marry Trisha and raise a family of their own......well I feel we should support wherever his heart takes him and makes him happy. From what is written they have already spent much time together and love each other.....I mean their songs seem to tell us that anyway.

I do not agree with the soul-mate statement though, maybe because I don't believe in soul-mates. [I think it is a term made up by Madison Avenue to sell tabloids.] I do believe that there is an ultimate power which few of us really do understand.

And as far as the comments about the weight.....well they both are large in stature.....and both have been putting on a few extra pounds....plus I don't pay attention to headlines anyway.......they are there just to attract attention so you'll buy whatever it is they are selling. I do know that if garth were mine [which he is not] he would be in top physical shape! ;)

So perhaps we should not view things as negative.....I never like to sweep something under the carpet because we may not agree with what is written. But perhaps we should look at the positives of it and if there aren't any positives.....well there's always room for improvement.

Let me know what you all think,

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Pilgrim
01-04-2002, 05:54 PM
I think...

Lets wait and hear what he has to say;)

Brian

wizard2C
01-04-2002, 07:31 PM
Hi!

Thanks, Brian....for at least posting a reply. Seems not too many are crazy about positives around here. When someone has something positive to say....they don't even respond. oh well.

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Pilgrim
01-04-2002, 07:42 PM
Don't worry about it:)

You will get used to it eventhough it is annoying:o

Brian

MT4GB
01-04-2002, 07:53 PM
I agree with the both of you! And it a good picture of Garth smiling on the cover of the Globe!

Nancy

BeverlyOrtego
01-04-2002, 11:05 PM
The picture on page 2 with Trisha is a picture taken before March,1999..as you can see on Garth's ring finger is his wedding band. SO the tabloid is desperate for a picture to sell their stories they do not even have an up to legite picture of them to back up those stories. If you have noticed for the past couple years the Garth man has not been wearing a ring.
Garth fan in La.

Vanessa
01-04-2002, 11:23 PM
hi Beverly, welcome to PG. :)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but garth and Sandy are divorced so this is why he's not wearing his ring anymore.. :(

I thought I'd point this out to you :)

Vanessa :)

annette
01-05-2002, 12:09 AM
I think Beverly meant that since Garth was wearing a ring in the picture, it had to be taken before he stopped wearing his ring a couple of years ago, meaning that is a very old picture, not recent....:)

wizard2C
01-05-2002, 12:17 AM
Hi!

Rings don't mean a thing....even married people don't wear their rings. So that does not prove anything. Hey, a lot of us felt that Garth was proposing right on stage to Trisha during one of his December concerts. It's been a fact about them for a while, it even mentions Music Row thinks so. So why deny that Garth will be marrying Trisha. He's probably just trying to work things out with his children.

Who knows....with Trisha....he might even start touring again......it seems that's what most people on Planet Garth want anyway. So what is the harm. I would have to say though I would feel sorry for Sandy.

The way I feel whether anyone agrees with his decision....in the end it is his, and we, the fans, can accept it or not accept it. But we should not make an issue out of it.

I thought that I had found a friend......but I was wrong about that. And I have to accept that fact as well. But life goes on.

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

TrishaNGarthFan
01-05-2002, 08:05 AM
Hey Carol!

You have some good posts here! I hadn't posted in response to you before on this thread because someone usually has to come on with a nasty response about Trisha and say, "its none of our business, they're only friend, so on and so forth."

I think the article in The Globe was a good one.......I mean, it didn't say they were both committing adultery, it says they waited until each was divorced and they cried on each other's shoulders. Barring the weight issue, it was a good article in my opinion. I figure too, they couldn't really say anything bad about Trisha because she's a great gal, so they had to do the weight thing.

I'm glad Garth has found a mate in Trisha, as its very lonely to go through life without a spouse. I know a man who did it for his kids and he was plain miserable, but a good Father. Garth deserves happiness with his children, but also with a good woman. And if Trisha makes him happy, which is pretty obvious she does, then more power to them. He looks like he's head over heels in love with her, and thats a GOOD Thing! It could only bring out the best in Garth, and who knows? It may get him back touring again!

I think we would all admit that no matter what reason, Garth giving up touring at the height of his career, is not the best thing for him, or us. And believe me, if other artists can juggle kids and touring, Garth can find a way to do it to the best of his ability too.

Sue

Pilgrim
01-05-2002, 12:58 PM
Sue,

"its none of our business, they're only friend, so on and so forth."
They say that because it IS that way. It is none of our business:)

I think we would all admit that no matter what reason, Garth giving up touring at the height of his career, is not the best thing for him, or us. And believe me, if other artists can juggle kids and touring, Garth can find a way to do it to the best of his ability too.
We TOTALLY agree on that:)

Brian

Hawk7lte
01-05-2002, 01:20 PM
A good title to a thread;

Let love live -

together; as love should live!

Garth needs his woman by his side - and there is one for him. When he is sure of that and ready for it - he'll act and announce to the world in no uncertain terms.

Not a doubt in my mind at all.

John Denver had a song about "We were born to be alone". That song was wrong - we were born to be together with the people we love. And never to leave them. One of the things I admire about Garth and Sandy - they have found a way to be with all of the people they love - even when love has changed form somewhat.

Hawk

wizard2C
01-05-2002, 04:13 PM
Hi!

Hawk....a lovely interpretation! ;)

carol
wizard2c
"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

BeverlyOrtego
01-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Thanks, Vanessa, but I am aware of the divorce.. the ring statement was merely that the tabloid had used an OLD picture... because that one was WHEN HE WAS MARRIED and wearing his ring.if you would go back and look at Garth's videos, interviews... he did wear his ring.

Originally posted by Vanessa
hi Beverly, welcome to PG. :)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but garth and Sandy are divorced so this is why he's not wearing his ring anymore.. :(

I thought I'd point this out to you :)

Vanessa :)

Snow
01-05-2002, 08:32 PM
Old picture... old rumor....

Besides the fact that Garth is wearing a ring in the picture (which means it is a couple of years old).... Trisha has also lost a good deal of weight since then. She looked very good when she was singing with Garth recently... better than I've ever seen her. Even her costuming was much better than in the past.

I'm sorry... I can't find much positive in that article other than a good pic of them. It just really ticks me off when tabloids do this kind of stuff... well... guess that is what makes them tabloids. They're the one thing with Garth's face on them that I will not buy.

This kind of stuff is exactly why it is so hard for men and women to be good friends. People begin all sorts of rumors. Believe it or not it is possible for a man and woman to be the bestest of buddies and not have anything romantic going on.

I'm not saying it's not true.... I'm just saying that I'll believe it when Garth says it. The only thing he's ever said on the matter is that they are very good friends and Trisha has said the same thing.

Until then.... it's just tabloid junk to me.

fuzzwuzz
01-07-2002, 12:10 AM
I'm with Deb. Why bring up the 'positive' only to bring up the negative? Let's change the subject.