PDA

View Full Version : A Garthy Christmas Invitation!

countyfair_85
12-29-2001, 12:50 AM
Did anyone receive something 'Garthy' for Christmas? :)

I just wanted to share what Dale sent me...it was rather a cute idea...very creative and something to think about...it certainly made me smile! :D

The first package I opened has a beautiful ceremic collectable figurine of the 'Scarecrow' from Turner Entertainment Co. and a registered replica of the character in "The Wizard Of Oz"...
The box decorated with the 'Red emerald slippers' and the words "I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore"..."Oh, but anyway, Toto, we're home."

The second package I opened had a little note attached to the lovely wrapping paper that read... "Diane, Don't forget to invite a Scarecrow to Dinner!"
When I opened the box...I found all this beautiful 'Scarecrow' related, table setting items.
Of course it's only a 'setting' for 'two'! LOL :D

Two gorgeous quilted cloth placemats with a 'Scarecrow' on each...
a matching kitchen towel with quilted 'Scarecrow'...
a set of matching cloth napkins with a 'Scarecrow' and farm scene...
a set of matching 'Scarecrow' and pumpkin 'Napkin Rings'...and
a matching quilted 'hand mitt' with two official paper figures of 'Dorothy' and the 'Scarecrow' sealed in plastic...tucked inside the little pocket.

Dorothy's says: "If I ever go looking for my hearts desire again, I won't look any further than my own backyard, because if it isn't there, I never really lost it."

Scarecrow's says: "Why, anybody can have a brain. Back where I come frome we have universities - seats of great learning - where men go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts, and with no more brains then you have."

Anyway...I just have to make an invitation and get that "Scarecrow" I'm thinking of to stop by for dinner! ;)
I'll light some candles...

Thanks Dale for making Christmas 'Garthy' for me!

-Diane

Vanessa
12-29-2001, 01:03 AM
Diane- I also got the Scarecrow figureine same as you!! :eek: very very :cool:!! Thanks so much Dale for making my Christmas a Garthy one :D

Vanessa :)

Jen19
12-29-2001, 01:36 PM
My best friend got me a offical poster from the first Garth concert I ever went to Central Park we went together so its a very speical gift. She also got me a Chris Gaines button from a Wal-Mart employee its very cool.. she rocks )

JEN

GBsMydance
12-29-2001, 02:36 PM
My Very Cool... Garthy Christmas

I got some beautiful lighthouses.. a lighthouse painting
and then the most awesome gift from my daughter... It made me cry..
It is a music box.. the top has a spot for a picture..
The inside is velvet lined and has places for lots of trinkets and special whatnots.. but when you lift the cover..
The music box starts to play

The Dance..

She looked forever she said to find exactly what she wanted.. It is indeed one of my most cherished gifts .. Garth is right.. lighthouses of our lives are everywhere.. Thank you Amy, she is one of mine..
Pam
"I'll leave my light on for you, If you will leave your light on for me."

countyfair_85
12-29-2001, 03:15 PM
Pam,
I had tears in my eyes just reading about your lighthouse musicbox that plays 'The Dance'! What a beautiful gift! :)

Vanessa,
Then you know just how special that little guy (scarecrow) is! :D

Jen,
Keep that poster! And button!
They're very special gifts that honor special Garth events!

Thanks for sharing...

-Diane

Journey
12-30-2001, 09:53 PM
Pam,
That was an awesome gift. Where did your daughter find that? I would love to find one. You see, one of my dearest friends passed away at the tender age of 37, He had battled a long illness for several years. On December 21, 2001 he passed away. We buried him on Christmas Eve. He was a beaming light that showed us the way just as the lighthouses bring the ships in from sea. During his ulogy, they spoke of his love for Garth and that "THE DANCE" was a song that he truly believed in. I would be honored if you would share the information as to where I could purchase one as I would like to give it to his mother and father. He was an incredible person who lived life to the fullest.

Journey

GBsMydance
12-31-2001, 05:26 PM
Journey,
Please email me for info on the music box...
It so awesome....

Pam
GBsMyDance@aol.com

countyfair_85
01-02-2002, 05:03 PM
Journey,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend before Christmas.
You mentioned him being a 'beaming light' like a lighthouse...and
I see he left part of his light within you and now your sharing it with others. I'm sure his parents would be honored to have such a wonderful gift as that music box that plays 'The Dance'...
I hope you get one!

-Diane

Journey
01-02-2002, 09:05 PM
Diane,

Thanks so much for the kind words. He touched so many people in many different ways. He was such an inspiration and certainly made my life brighter. In spite of his illness, he fought so hard for so long and lived life to the fullest. His friendship will be forever special to all of us who knew him.
As I was once told: "When a loved one becomes a memory,
that memory will become your most
treasured gift."
Thanks again.

Journey

fuzzwuzz
01-03-2002, 04:35 AM
Oh wow! I'm so glad my gesture inspired you to post this thread Diane! I too had a Garthy Christmas. I got a lighthouse calendar from my daughter. If she only knew, but I had been thinking about how Garth said us fans are like Lighthouses to him, so should I be to them too. What a perfect daily reminder too, to thank God for those who's light is left on shining bright for me too. So right off, I thank God for my daughter, Christina. And her dear husband Mark and my grandaughters Courtney and Whitney. And for everyone here on Planet Garth!

And is it me, or is that Scarecrow just about everywhere these days? I saw him in country videos Born to Fly(Sara Evans) and Alan's song about a Little Bitty town where the video seems to revolve around the Scarecrow. Let's see. I think I even saw him in Call Me Claus.(I got the DVD for Christmas.) And The Lord of the Rings where the elves and dwarfs found each other in that corn field! And A Knight's Tale. I know Sara Evans says he just smiles back at her when she tells him all her dreams and asks him the way. But I would think that smile speaks volumes. So why not invite a Scarecrow to dinner? Maybe he's lonely too? And going the same way we are.