PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Garth and Alan

countyfair_85
12-28-2001, 05:34 AM
On Christmas day I played Garths Christmas albums....It made it so special to hear him singing "The Friendly Beasts" and "Mary Had A Little Lamb"...etc.
The evening was topped off with a surprize though...since I had several different family members visiting...we got into the conversation about the CMA music awards show and and the song by Alan Jackson he performed...so, I got out the tape and everyone sat around the livingroom watching it...
I don't know...but chills kept running thru my body...and in observing the others...all stood silent...absorbing each and every word it seemed...and tears welled up in their eyes.
I knew the song was powerful....from the first 3 times I watched it with different family members...but watching it Christmas night with family that never heard the song...the reaction to it reminded me of being at a 'Garth Brooks' concert when Garth sang "The Dance"...:)

-Diane

jstensig
12-28-2001, 06:22 AM
:)

Jakob

fuzzwuzz
12-28-2001, 10:29 PM
Diane. That is so beautiful. Truly beautiful.

And I too played Beyond the Season alot on Christmas Day. The Gift really spoke to me and I felt all wrapped up in Christmas and so close to God's healing heart. I had at first felt like that bird in the sand. So weary and broken. The music sure seems to be able to touch us sometimes like nothing else in the world can do.

countyfair_85
12-29-2001, 01:37 AM
Jakob... :) back at you!

Dale... thank-you...
Music heals broken wings...now you fly! :)

-Diane

littlebit
12-31-2001, 07:40 PM
i like the song, but unfortunetly they have played out here ad nausuem. it reminds me of the horror, more than it reminds me of the healing. Love is thicker than blood gives me more hope, to tell you the truth,