PDA

View Full Version : Giving Scarecrow for Christmas

Garthfan92
12-22-2001, 05:27 PM
Gave Scarecrow to three friends at work, and I'm waiting to find out what they think. Didn't give it to people who would buy it for themselves, but some that wouldn't usually listen to Garth. Two were actually very excited and couldn't wait to hear it, so that was a nice surprise! I knew it was kinda risky, but hope to convert some new fans. How many of you did/are doing the same?

Lisa

Vanessa
12-22-2001, 05:29 PM
I made my dad and mom listen to Scarecrow and my dad commented that he liked it and asked me if he could borrow my copy sometime..soo I' bought him his own copy for Christmas :)

Vanessa :)

gbkubfan
12-22-2001, 06:23 PM
Hey...I am repeating myself, but I am always buying Garth for new friends or coworkers. I have already made up Garth packages for friends with Magic and Scarecrow as part of the present. :-)

diem nash
12-23-2001, 03:20 PM
Itīs a little different here in Germany, because a lot of my friends donīt understand English. It would be senceless to buy them one. Even if they would try to understand, why I love his music and why itīs so important for me, they just would listen to a melody and something said. :)
But my best friend, who knows Garthīs music a bit and another very closed friend of mine, which also likes him (...but felt in love with Collin Raye after I "introduced" them) will get one. Canīt wait to see their faces and later talk about it. They know, that I have a good taste, so theyīll love it! :D

Madeleine

Garthfan92
12-23-2001, 03:58 PM
I'll have to wait until I'm back at work after New Year's to find out what they think, but hopefully they'll all fall in love with it. Can't imagine that they won't! I could have given it to my mom too if she hadn't shocked me by buying it for herself the day it came out. I know she likes Garth, but I didn't expect her to do that! That's what I do for every new album, not her!!! LOL

Lisa

Pilgrim
12-23-2001, 07:09 PM
I would give Bruce to Christmas:cool: but is not giving any music this year *LOL*

Brian

Garthfan92
12-23-2001, 11:36 PM
LOL Brian. I think I'd give either Garth or Bruce to people depending on their musical tastes if I were you. Nothin' wrong with that.

Lisa

Pilgrim
12-24-2001, 07:15 AM
Unfortunately there isn't many country fans around here:o

They all want damn Eye Q instead grrrr:mad:

And I refuse to buy their album *LOL*

Brian:)

Garthfan92
12-24-2001, 03:25 PM
Guess that could be a problem. I don't like giving music I don't like myself either. Oh well. Here's to hoping all who get Scarecrow for Christmas love it!

Lisa

no1cowgirl
12-24-2001, 07:51 PM
I'm giving Scarecrow to 7 people this Christmas :)

Krista

fuzzwuzz
12-25-2001, 08:41 PM
7 Krista?! Cool! I gave 'zero' for Christmas (gasp!), but I did give two for birthday presents! I had given one to my sister earlier in the month. Her husband quickly snatched it out of the pile of other cd's I got her so he could hear it first. He'd been watching Garth's concerts on tv. I also gave her the Call Me Claus single. And yesterday I gave the last copy of a limited edition my Wal*mart had on the shelf to my sister-in-law. That, and an Alan Jackson calendar I got through Country Weekly. (My baby brother's favorite artist, and now one of mine.) She was thrilled!