PDA

View Full Version : Here is the script of the msn-chat with Garth!!!

diem nash
12-19-2001, 09:56 PM
THAT WAS A REAL GARTH-CHAT!!!

Here´s, what he said:

DishDiva_ says: Welcome to MSN Live! Tonight we are pleased to welcome world renowned superstar, Garth Brooks to MSN Live!
DishDiva_ says: Garth. it's great to have you here for the first time on MSN Live!
DishDiva_ says: In just a few minutes we'll be taking audience questions from around the world!

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Very cool. I'm ready if you guys are.

Delta26Dawn in Onstage_1 asks: What was it like to record a song with George Jones? Was it the coolest?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Definately it was the coolest. I'm amazed at how humble George Jones is. For the King of Country, he doesn't act like it. I would put his 70 yr. old voice on Beer Run and put it against any young guy. He's the greatest.

SpriteTheCat in Onstage_1 asks: Garth, who is your ultimate role model?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I'd have to say my dad. Simply because as for as role models go, he's been everything to me.

RBaker3440 in Onstage_1 asks: Can you explain what your experience was like on the U.S.S. Enterprise in the wake of Sept. 11th?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: It was just a day of honor for me whether Sept. 11th would have happened or not. I think we need our fighting men and women in peace as much as war. When our world is at peace it's because of the peace keepers, which is America. We're assigned the duty of
Garth_Brooks_Live says: being the peace keepers of the world. If Sept. 11th didn't happen, I'd still do it again. I was very proud.

GarthsBamaGirl in Onstage_1 asks: Hey! Teresa from Athens, AL! Can u tell us a lil bit about Lane's belt buckle u r wearing on the SCARECROW cover? It's awesome!

Garth_Brooks_Live says: This is the only shot I've ever taken with my Lane Frost buckle. It was sent to me by his grandmother after his death and I wanted to wait for something very special. It's the only shot I've had with the buckle on.

KCgarthsgirl1 in Onstage_1 asks: The girls are young... but how will you deal with a boy when he comes to call on them?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Well first of all, the boy is going to have to be my daughters age, so I'm feeling like I'm dealing with a 37 year old man here. (laughs) I don't know, have her home by 10!

JeanneJennifer in Onstage_1 asks: Garth what was it like working with the funny girl "Whoopie" ? from Jeanne and Jennifer in Kentucky

Garth_Brooks_Live says: First of all, Hi Jeanne and Jennifer, I miss you very much. Whoopie was a doll. Very smart, very focused, and it was easy to stay out of the way and take care of what I take care of, the music. I was very proud of our first step which was "Call Me Claus."

woodfire12 in Onstage_1 asks: Is Garth Brooks inducted in the Grand Ole Opry?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I got to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry almost 10 years ago. I went in as the 65th member on it's 65th anniversary. I was inducted by Johnny Russell, who was on the first night I was on the Opry, one of the three highlights of my career.

«¤ßígg§™¤» in Onstage_1 asks: Garth could you please say hi to all the guys on peace keeping missions in Kosovo...some big GB fans there!!!! thanks (Tricia ....Australia )

Garth_Brooks_Live says: A big HEY and a Merry Christmas to you. The greatest gift that your families could get this year is knowing you are O.K. Tell your families that we love them and Merry Christmas.

8Guide_Trish has left the conversation.
CntryHeart7 in Onstage_1 asks: Hello Garth...we've all heard that you want to go into screenwriting and we know that Steven King does horror, Tom Hanks does war, and Steven Spielberg does fantasy. What kind of writing might we see from you? BTW, we love the new CD!

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Thank you for that. I enjoy writing screen plays that are of the every day common person being put in extraordinary situations that will change the world and see what the result is. And having us all take the ride seeing if we would make the same choice.

StillSue_7 in Onstage_1 asks: Sue S from Everett, WA - Garth, did you take your girls Christmas shopping this year?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Yes I did. I took them down and got them all their own copy of the "Scarecrow" CD. It's what I'm giving everyone I love this year. (laughs)

Garth_FANtasizer in Onstage_1 asks: Hi, Garth - I love "Scarecrow!" In "Thicker Than Blood," are you refering to your car accident? If not, then who? Thank you for not only the music, but for loving us! I truly love you! ~Ann~

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Thank you Ann. The character in "Thicker Than Blood" is purely fictional. I think it represents what we would do for strangers, and if we are sons and daughters of something more, then aren't we all brothers and sisters and that's what I'm trying to get
Garth_Brooks_Live says: across in that second verse.

TwoStep146 in Onstage_1 asks: Would you ever encourage your daughters to start a career in the music business?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I'm sure it's this way in all business, but in the music business I know for sure women have to work twice as hard to get half as much. If I could pick I would pick something with United Nations. But it is their fight, and I'll do what my parents did,
Garth_Brooks_Live says: morally support me in whatever I did, after I got my college degree. And that's what I'll do for my girls.

DishDiva_ says: What was your degree in?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I got a Bachelor of Science in Advertising in the School of Journalism at Oklahoma State. Go Pokes!!
wedancwed0 in Onstage_1 asks: Garth, of all the awards you have received which means the most to you ? Lisa, Edmonton Canada
Garth_Brooks_Live says: Actually the only award that we display in the house is the ACM "Song of the Year." Cal Smith "Country Bumpkin" that he got in the 70's and gave to me because he knows it's my favorite country song.

txsnoopy in Onstage_1 asks: Garth, my brother is a big KISS fan and so are you. Do you have any of their memoribilia?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Oh yes! I have a lot of their stuff but probably my favorite thing of theirs is the memory of playing in the studio with the guys on the KISS tribute album. They treated me like a star. They don't want people to know this, but these are one of the 4
Garth_Brooks_Live says: nicest people.

GarthNTrishafan in Onstage_1 asks: Garth, what is your fondest moment of your world tour?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: The most religious experience I've had on stage was Dublin, Ireland 3 nights in a row. The crown jewel is Central Park. Then the one that stands out in my mind the most is the concert after my mother had gotten out of the hospital after surgery for cancer
Garth_Brooks_Live says: I introduced her on stage. She was worried about how she looked. We were in St. Paul Minneapolis. Her being ahead of me, she got on stage wearing a Randy Moss shirt. I couldn't hear a thing for the next 5 minutes. Proving again that my mother is ahead of
Garth_Brooks_Live says: game when it comes to competing.

vickymaeA in Onstage_1 asks: Do you plan on doing any more acting?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Acting takes a lot more time than the music gig ever did, so I dont' think that's where my future lies. If I could pick my future, it would be a full time dad who writes screen playes that get made into movies that change people's lives. Similar to the
Garth_Brooks_Live says: goal in music, just changing to a new format.

kdiggityd1 in Onstage_1 asks: Hey Garth! First of all I wanted to say I am a huge fan, and we're going to miss your smiling face around these parts. Second, I thought that what you did in South Padre was amazing. Just how cold was it really?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: They told me that the offical temp. was around freezing. When you look on the film, it looks like the rain was going upward. I don't know what it was, it was COLD! But looking at the audience, it made you warm as toast. That's why we stayed out so long,
Garth_Brooks_Live says: it was so fun. And being cold jus didn't seem to matter.

HarrisonGuru in Onstage_1 asks: Here's my qustion: I've noticed that your music is very folk-based. Do you have many folk music influences?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Almost all my early childhood influences were folk artists. I was just growing up in that time from Peter, Paul, and Mary to Rita Coolidge. There were just a ton of acoustic guitar players. It's still in my blood and my favorite artists to listen to are
Garth_Brooks_Live says: the older ones like Buddy Mondlock and James Taylor. I'm also a big Dan Fogelberg fan which has a lot of folk rhythms in his poetry.

RAY_AND_SARAHS_DUDE in Onstage_1 asks: DO YOU EVER FILL ANY PAIN WHEN YOU GET A HATE LETTER?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Of course. Probably the same way you would. I guess some celebrities might become numb to that part of the business. For me, I've always taken it personal.

CutieCowgirl2 in Onstage_1 asks: What kind of car do you have?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: My car is a '98 crew cab dually

PearlSquirell in Onstage_1 asks: Bonsoir Garth,Seasons Greetings to you and your family,who was your biggest influence as to music? my son plays guitar and likes both Rock and Country and is having a hard time to decide which path to choose. He plays Johnny Cash to The Eagles

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Bonsoir to you as well. The reason I play music is because of James Taylor, the reason I play country music is because of George Strait
Garth_Brooks_Live says: and your son can listen to both and enjoy both equally.

CMarie143 in Onstage_1 asks: Garth, if any what's the greatest fear or obstacle you had to overcome to get where you are today and how did you overcome it?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I think the greatest fear or obsticle is the same one as to whatever you approach, it's the first step. The fear isn't as much failure, as to what people will say about that failure. I've learned there are people who talk and people who are talked about.

Garth_Brooks_Live says: If you try things, you'll be in the class of people that are talked about. Which is the class I want to be included in.

causeyklan in Onstage_1 asks: Your song "Pushing up Daisies" is great it`s like you were following me around. Since my mom has passed on my dad seems to have pushed everyone away. Any advice on how to get him back? It`s been 4 yrs.

Garth_Brooks_Live says: First of all, my condolences on the passing of your mother from someone that understands a loss of that strength. I'd like to tell you something cool, but all I can tell you is this, if you lost a leg, to walk the same would be an impossibility. One leg
Garth_Brooks_Live says: is your mother and one leg is your father. He's still your father, but he may just walk a little different. It might not be your gift to him to get him back.

magiccrows01 in Onstage_1 asks: Nicole,18, Ohio (i love you!) Many great artists have been placed in a chapter in music history, you, Garth, also have a chapter set aside for yourself. If you were to write it, what would you make it's focus and who would you like to be remembered as?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: First I'd like the focus to be the music and only the music because it's the message to be remembered much more than the messenger. The second part, it's egotistical for me to say, but I'd like to be remembered as the People's Singer and a guy that really
Garth_Brooks_Live says: did his thing so that the people and him could dance together.

JeffAment_ in Onstage_1 asks: Garth, I hear you are a Pearl Jam fan. Is this true?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: What people have heard of me being a Pearl Jam fan is in the same catagory as being a Metallica and Springsteen fan. When you're on the road, these are the people you ask about because they can teach you how to treat fans and put the scalpers out of
Garth_Brooks_Live says: business. People are there for the music, not a higher price. And that's what we get from Pearl Jam's people when we contacted them about a second world tour.

michigansgirl in Onstage_1 asks: I was just wondering what in your opinion is the best song that you have written or that you have had the pleasure of performing?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: If you choose one, you offend so many writers and I understand that. My favorite song that I have ever done is "The Dance" written by Tony Arata. Then probably the song that affects me the most, that I had a hand in penning is a song called "Will You
Garth_Brooks_Live says: Come Back to me Again." That was written for all the Lighthouses in my life. That was written with Jenny Yates.

counrtyladywest in Onstage_1 asks: I feel your excitment on stage. How long does it take to calm down aftewards? lol

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I never remember calming down afterwards. It's like a snowball that rolls downhill, it just goes into the next show and gets wilder and wilder. No matter how long between shows, it just builds. It just grows like the love for my girls and it's hard to
Garth_Brooks_Live says: explain.

blueiz4 in Onstage_1 asks: Mr. Brooks, what did you ask Santa for
this year?

Garth_Brooks_Live says: I will defer this question to my 7 year old August. In writing their letters to Santa, it's a tradition in our house to ask for something for someone else in the letter. When I peeked at August's letter, her wish was for her dad to bring her mom back to
Garth_Brooks_Live says: me. When I phoned my dad, I promised if it happens I'll share it with him.

DishDiva_ says: Garth, it has been such an honor having you here with us on MSN Live. Congratulations on the success of "Scarecrow" and from all of your fans around the world and from all of us here on MSN
Live, happy holidays.

Garth_Brooks_Live says: Happy Holidays to you and to everyone. I had a blast! Now it's off to Taco Bell.

Hope you like it! ;)

Madeleine

kiwigbfan
12-19-2001, 10:07 PM
Thank you lovely Maddy - I guess there's some things that are just worthwhile waiting up til 4 in the morning huh? :)

You're an angel as always.

Hugs
Carey

diem nash
12-20-2001, 05:52 AM
:)

Thank you for your always sooo kind words!
Well, I wanted to let everybody know about the wonderful chat last nigt. PJ was faster! :D
I just wrote it down and felt in my bed. It was 4 a.m.!!!

Dear Moderators!
It would be okay, if you delete this thread. We have all the info in PJ´s.

Madeleine

Hawk7lte
12-20-2001, 01:13 PM
Garth_Brooks_Live says:

"When our world is at peace it's because of the peace keepers, which is America. We're assigned the duty of being the peace keepers of the world."

"I enjoy writing screen plays that are of the every day common person being put in extraordinary situations that will change the world and see what the result is."

"....and if we are sons and daughters of something more, then aren't we all brothers and sisters and that's what I'm trying to get
across in that second verse."

"it would be a full time dad who writes screen playes that get made into movies that change people's lives. Similar to the
goal in music, just changing to a new format."

"First I'd like the focus to be the music and only the music because it's the message to be remembered much more than the messenger. The second part, it's egotistical for me to say, but I'd like to be remembered as the People's Singer and a guy that really
did his thing so that the people and him could dance together."

"Then probably the song that affects me the most, that I had a hand in penning is a song called "Will You Come Back to me Again." That was written for all the Lighthouses in my life. That was written with Jenny Yates."

Did Garth really say "Will"; he surely knows the word is - "When"....

All of these statements bring a big smile to my lips and heart - no matter how often they are heard or said!

Hawk

diem nash
12-20-2001, 01:42 PM

That´s all I can "say"!

Hawk, you always touch my heart with your huge, true one!!!

Madeleine