PDA

View Full Version : The Tennessean - Brad About You Column - Dec 15th

Original GB Fan
12-15-2001, 06:57 PM
I just read this in today's paper and thought I should share it. It sadden's my heart as I have been through it myself. I wish Garth and Sandy much strength and love.

Here is what the Brad About You column said:

Garth Brooks' divorce from Sandy Brooks, his wife of more than 14 years, has been finalized, acccording to a spokesman. reportedly, terms of the settlement have been sealed. Garth Brooks filed for the divorce a little more than a year ago on grounds of irreconcilable differences.

While I have not checked out the Tennessean website, it is probably posted there as well.

God bless Garth, Sandy and the girls.

JoAnne

Chris Gaines
12-15-2001, 07:01 PM
yep it's there :(

http://www.tennessean.com/celebrities/index.shtml

about 1/2 way down the page.

Jason

Mysassy
12-15-2001, 07:26 PM
This is so sad ): especially for the children + right before Christmas....
I guess I was probably one of the last people to know about Sandy and Garth being split up. I only learned about it a short time ago and here it's been a year, now they're divorced.
God Bless Garth, Sandy and the girls.

boppityboo
12-15-2001, 07:30 PM
:(

Ellie

Vanessa
12-16-2001, 12:13 AM
*wipes the tears away from her eyes*

They really did it..oh god no.. :(

Vanessa :(

Snow
12-16-2001, 07:35 PM
I think that they both tried very, very hard. Was it hard enough? That is only for them to decide.

Still, they've done considerably more than some of the divorced couples that I've seen. They have not trashed each other in public... they haven't used the kids as weapons on each other.

They've gone so far as to maintain homes very near each other and share the raising of their children on a daily basis.

Too many couples today wouldn't consider letting their divorced counterparts that much into their lives.

This isn't something to celebrate... but it's nothing to mourn either. They're doing a tremendous job with a very difficult situation. I think they are to be admired for their effort. :)

kiwigbfan
12-16-2001, 07:39 PM
*clapping* - very well said Deb, my sentiments exactly.

Carey

G-f
12-16-2001, 08:55 PM
It's wonderful for the kids but how will they make this work whenever one of them or both meets someone new? Seems like it would really be hard for the new person to accept. Maybe they could still get back together, they are both thinking the same of staying home more. But then again if he met someone that pushed his desire for music again, he might come back to us "in some way" not like before but somehow. I wish the kids the best, wish it hadn't of happened here at Christmas... maybe they don't know what "final" means for now.
Tricia