PDA

View Full Version : What to give Garth for Christmas. . .

ProducerJ
12-03-2001, 05:53 PM
November 30, 2001 1:25pm
Patriotic M&M's

(Hackettstown, New Jersey-AP) -- Forget the red and green M&M's this holiday season.

M&M/Mars is marketing red, white and blue candy to raise money for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund.

The fund helps Americans affected by natural catastrophes.

The idea came straight off the assembly line at the M-and-M plant in Hackettstown, New Jersey.

Hours after the September eleventh attacks, workers decided they wanted to churn out flag-colored candies.

The patriotic M&M's were handed out to rescuers at the World Trade Center and Pentagon. But executives realized everyone could use a boost from their creation. Five million packages hit stores this week.

(Copyright 2001 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

countyfair_85
12-03-2001, 06:08 PM
Maybe "M&M's & Mars" should invite Garth on the 'Candy tour' they have at the plant!
My kids have gone to it...they give free M&M's at the end! LOL :)

Garth might make it a daily tradition!

Next time I go past the plant on the way to the mall...I'll have to think about stopping in to speak with their advertising department
about signing Garth on as their best customer! His picture deserves to be on the cover of the bag...don't you think? :D :D :D

Maybe they'll even consider placing little "g"'s on each candy piece instead of the 'm'....LOL

-Diane

cg2gb
12-03-2001, 06:22 PM
That article is soooo false....Back in July (for the fourth of July) I bought several bags of m & M's that were all red white and blue.... Peanut M & M's and regular too! Bought them at Walmart! Served them at my big bash in July! How can they say that? Do they come up with this stuff just for good publicity....Do they really think the general public is that stupid.....? ok, don't answer that last question....lol

Would love to send Garth some red, white and blue m& m's, but where do we send them???

trish

okioreo
12-06-2001, 07:54 AM
Red White and Blue M&M's in July are expected. But for them to churn them out in SEPTEMBER is not, so of course they did it as a show of patriotisim after the attacks. Nothing false in the article.
I used to live in Hackettstown and work in the plant cafeteria. Nice place. Good people.

missy1462
12-07-2001, 01:08 AM
Diane

I believe that I wrote you saying that I have sent M&M's a letter telling them what a huge fan Garth is. I said that since he is turning 40 next year, and because of the great accomplishments in music that he has made, I felt that it would be wonderful publicity if they did something special for Garth's birthday.
Maybe everyone should send them an e-mail. Maybe if they received enough from all us, they might get interested. I doubt it'd hurt to try, huh?

Missy