PDA

View Full Version : Is "Babyface" good?

honky
05-15-1999, 09:46 AM
<b>Ok,</b> I knew that "The life of Chris Gaines" is produced by "Babyface". Forgive me if I don't know their stuff, but ARE THEY GOOD ENOUGH TO LIVE UP THE EXPECTATION THAT WE ALWAYS HAVE IN GARTH? I am not dissin' "Babyface", but I am just wondering if they are really capable of what they are doing...LOL Overall, I trust Garth's taste of music :) So "Babyface" must be gooooooooood ;)<P>If any of you can give me some of the songs produced by "Babyface", please let me know..<P>Tommy<BR>N

redstrokes77
05-15-1999, 01:22 PM
Hey Honky!!<P> Do you have a copy of the Christmas special last year when Garth lit the Christmas tree? Babyface was there too. I hear he's a super nice guy just like Garth.N

MJ
05-15-1999, 02:54 PM
HONKY: I can't really think of a particular song right now but I do know that "Babyface" has had a hand in a lot of successful musical work.He has worked with Eric Clapton,Whitney Houston(maybe Mariah Carey) and just a lot of very successful stars.It seems like he has won many awards(I usually watch Grammy's, American Music Awards and such) that is how I first knew who he was by all the awards he wins and is nominated for.Maybe someone else can help with a particular song title.I'm pretty sure that EVERYTHING he has a hand in is very successful.N

cocomo
05-15-1999, 05:36 PM
Madonna also did a song with Babyface. I'm not sure but I the the title was either "Just Say Goodbye", or "Say Goodbye". I could be totally wrong about the name of the song. About 3 maybe 4 years ago he and Madonna sang this song on the American Music Awards. It kind of has a oriental sound to it.N

jwade
05-15-1999, 06:03 PM
My daughter loves Babyface AND she loves Garth so I trust her judgement when she says Babyface is great and thinks "The Lamb" will be great.<BR>I didn't realize Babyface had worked with so many successful people, though I did know about Madonna. I think this whole Chris Gaines and "The Lamb" thing is really cool. Garth is just so fascinating!!!N

GBinfluence
05-15-1999, 10:05 PM
Check out the "Phenomenon" sound track. I think that's where Eric Clapton has a song called "Change The World." Well, Kenny "Babyface" Eddmonds was a writer and producer for that track. Personally, I love Clapton and what he does, but this song is so different, but yet still captures that "Clapton" feeling. I know that "Babyface" will do the same with Garth. No doubt wonderful music will be made.<P>WesN

honky
05-15-1999, 10:10 PM
<b>OH.. "babyface"</b>!! I got it!! I love the song "Change the world" because the movie Phenomenon is just AWESOME!! Ok, I think babyface can handle this 800pound-gorilla--Garth Brooks!!<P>Thanks guys :D<P>TommyN

gblady
05-16-1999, 09:53 AM
When I first heard that Garth was doing something with someone called babyface, I went to the Web and found some sites dedicated to him and the research really eased my mind about who he is. Just type in babyface on a search engine, I used Yahoo.. and there are some cool sites about him. Check it out. gblady<BR>N

honky
05-16-1999, 12:24 PM
<b>Oh my</b>,<P>Did you guys know that Babyface produced/cowrite the song "I wanna make love to you" by Boz II Men? Holy! That song stayed at #1 for 16 weeks :o Ok, now I think Babyface is GREAT to Garth. And besides, Babyface produced the song "When you Believe" by Mariah and Whitney. <P>TommyN

MJ
05-16-1999, 06:14 PM
Besides being a number one producer I think he also sings too.I don't keep up with that style of music(even though I enjoy most of it) but he was on Oprah one day and I caught part of it.He is a really talented performer as well(though I can't name any of his songs).I think mega-producer and mega-entertainer are going shake things up in the music world.<P>BTW: Wynona also sang the song "Change The World"N

Gator_Girl_4_Garth
05-16-1999, 06:57 PM
If any of you country fans are familiar with Kevin Sharp and his past hit titled " Nobody Knows It But Me", BabyFace Wrote the song and also recorded and released it prior to Kevin. <P>BabyFace is an awesome talent! Garth will do well with him on his side! <P> :) N

honky
05-16-1999, 08:35 PM
<b>MONI</b>,<P>Yes, I know the song "Nobody knows but me". I LIKE IT!!! Ok, Babyface is gonna do good for this CG project...LOL<P>CAN'T WAIT!<P>TommyN

Debbie R
05-17-1999, 06:13 AM
I saw that show on Oprah too. Babyface is a very devoted family man too, just like our Garth! On the show he played a gorgeous song that he wrote after his son was born. His wife was there too. I think he's a pretty all around cool guy! He certainly has the respect of the music industry.N

MJ
05-17-1999, 06:01 PM
I thought "Nobody Knows It But Me" was the Tony Rich project??I loved this song the first time I heard it and the first country singer I heard do it was Tim McGraw(I think he probably would have recorded and released it if Kevin hadn't done it first).I heard Tim do it a couple of times in concert(Spontanious Combustion Tour).N

GBinfluence
05-17-1999, 11:16 PM
Basically, I can say one thing about Kenny "Babyface" Eddmonds. He's the original Sean "Puffy" Combs. "Puff Daddy" takes other peoples songs and re-works them and does projects with them, "Babyface" does the same thing except most of his stuff is original and usually self written.N

GBinfluence
05-17-1999, 11:16 PM
Basically, I can say one thing about Kenny "Babyface" Eddmonds. He's an original version of Sean "Puffy" Combs. "Puff Daddy" takes other peoples songs and re-works them and does projects with them, "Babyface" does the same thing except most of his stuff is original and usually self written.N

GBinfluence
05-17-1999, 11:19 PM
Sorry for the double post folks...Tried to stop the original post for editing but didn't hit the stop key in time...OH WELL.N

fuzzwuzz
03-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Babyface Sick Of All The Focus On Sex

R&B crooner favors intimacy on A Love Story.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1485491/20040302/index.jhtml?headlines=true.jhtml&_requestid=323041

Kala30
03-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds is definately good enough for this project. I am a lover all type music. Not just one type. Though I do like some more than the other, I'm not totally closed off from the rest of what's out there. For those interested check out the album:FOR THE COOL IN YOU. It's a Babyface album. And yeah, he is one of the producers on Madonna's BEDTIME STORIES album as well. He's been around for a long time and has worked with some great artists. Hope another positive plug is even more comfort.

Kala

fuzzwuzz
03-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Well that's good to know! Can't wait to see what he ultimately does with The Lamb soundtrack.

Kala30
03-05-2004, 03:38 AM
Me too! :) I'm playing my Chris Gaines cd so much, it's gonna be all scratched and worn when it's all over with! lol

Kala

fuzzwuzz
03-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Mine looks the same. :)