PDA

View Full Version : Am I too late?!

teresaepyl
11-29-2001, 01:37 PM
Hi guys! I'm new here but been a fan of Garth's for years. For some reason yesterday I decided to get on the internet and look for Garth stuff for the first time and found y'all. Found a bunch of good info and, it appears, nice people. Now I want to know if I've gotten on the band wagon too late (it wouldn't be the first time!)? I see that GarthNews is defunked and near as I can tell the fan club got too big to manage. And, of course, Garth isn't touring anymore (I missed him when he was here in Portland,Oregon USA in '96 I think it was - I had to work graveyard shift AND I was broke! - DARN!) So can anyone tell me if things here will just become inactive and I've missed it all?
Thanks,
Teresa
St. Helens, Oregon USA
PS: Oh and, Hey, how do you get those little faces in the messages?

BigGfan4life
11-29-2001, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the fun, Teresa! Glad to have you aboard! :) And no, you're never too late to join in here at PG! Even if Scarecrow really is Garth's last album, the posting here will continue long after that! This is a great group of people who have manged to become friends through Garth, and as long as GB's music is still around, we will be, too :)

BTW, to make smilies and such, I believe there is an offical FAQ about that here on PG somewhere, but to get you started, : + ) will make a smiley face (if you type them together), : + ( will make a sad face, etc. After all the time I've spent here, I'm still not too sure on the rolling eyes faces and whatnot, but I'm sure others can help you there. :)

Garth_FANtasizer
11-29-2001, 01:52 PM
You're not to late at all! Garth can't get rid of us that easy! Wherever he goes, whatever he will do in the future, he has to take us along with him!

Maybe we can get him to come and join us here at the planet! Afterall, he is the guest of honor! :)

~Ann~

ADcrzy4GB
11-29-2001, 04:45 PM
hey teresa.
welcome to PG:D It took me a while to figure out the faces thing too, but if you go down to the bottom left hand corner of the screen where it says "forum rules" and click on "smiles", it will tell you exactly how to make every face!!!:cool:

-AMANDA BROOKE-

kiwigbfan
11-29-2001, 05:20 PM
Hi Teresa,

Welcome to PG :)

I reckon we'll all be here until Brandon (the site creator/boss) kicks us out :)

Until then post often and have fun.

Cheers
Carey

Pilgrim
11-29-2001, 06:06 PM
Welcome to PG Teresa:D:D

Hope you'll have fun while you are here:)

Here are the smiley codes:)
http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/misc.php?s=&action=showsmilies

Brian:)

allisonv7
11-30-2001, 12:19 AM
You're never going to be too late to talk about Garth!! He's in this heart forver so as long as I'm around you're going to have at least one person to talk to about Garth :)

Welcome to the forums!!

allison.

ProducerJ
11-30-2001, 01:23 AM
Welcome!
J.