PDA

View Full Version : WUIY still at #9

SweetGBFan
11-29-2001, 07:48 AM
Well Im not sure but it looks like WUIY has peaked at #9. No bullit this week. I am not sure if I am satisfied or not. I said Id be happy if it got top ten, but I was sure hoping it would get to at least top 5. How come Tim, George, and Toby are pretty much guaranteed a #1 when they release but Garth isnt? Well there was a lot of flack over this song and I think country radio did it justice. Now its time for another one. Maybe Thicker Than Blood. I cant imagine that not going to #1. What do you guys think?

Pilgrim
11-29-2001, 08:03 AM
WUIY suck, maybe that's why?? It was almost commercial suicide to release that song after the CG fiasco.

He should release "The Storm" or "Why Ain't I Running" I think:)

Brian

Garth_FANtasizer
11-29-2001, 10:28 AM
I think radio is deliberately trying not to have it go to #1 that fast. They want to keep Garth on the radio as long as possible. If it goes to #1 so soon after being released, they will have to stop playing it to make room for other artists and songs. The longer it stays in the top ten, the more airplay it will get.

They can keep each new song around for a few months and that way they can feed off of "Scarecrow" for a year!

My radio station however, hardly ever plays "Wrapped Up In You!" They maybe play it once a day at different times. I catch it once every other day if that. :(

~Ann~

SweetGBFan
11-29-2001, 11:30 AM
Well,Brian, alot of people did not think that WUIY sucked! I just think that with Beer Run and WUIY on the charts at the same time some stations played Beer Run and some played WUIY. I think George Jones hurt Garth by releasing Beer Run. Next week will definitely tell the story. If it starts going down the chart then thats it. It seems like Garths songs gallop up the charts and they also fall off very fast. However, that does not mean that other songs he releases will not go to #1. Country radio loves this CD and Garths music and they will play every song he releases.

honky
11-30-2001, 02:34 AM
My friends personally like WUIY more than any other songs on the album.. so go figure the subjective view of the taste of music.