PDA

View Full Version : Garth's sales so far for 2nd week :)

happygirl
11-27-2001, 03:03 PM
NOW IN: 79.27%

Last Week / This Week / artist / album / label / power index
-- 1 CREED WIND-UP 760,980
WEATHERED
-- 2 VARIOUS VIRGIN 481,072
NOW VOL.8
1 3 GARTH BROOKS CAPITOL NASHVILLE 389,266
SCARECROW
2 4 BRITNEY SPEARS JIVE 380,594
BRITNEY
5 5 ENYA REPRISE 187,480
DAY WITHOUT RAIN
26 6 VARIOUS UTV 186,191
NOW XMAS
-- 7 KID ROCK LAVA/ATL/ATL G 185,707
COCKY
-- 8 PINK ARISTA 182,067
M!SSUNDAZSTOOD
6 9 ENRIQUE IGLESIAS INTERSCOPE 155,968
ESCAPE
12 10 LINKIN PARK WARNER BROS. 151,927
HYBRID THEORY

:) hehe remember, this is only 79% of the count hehe ill post Hit Daily's final #'s when they are up :D oh and as someone said before, Hits Daily doesnt count all the stores, just most, so official soundscan #'s are usually a bit higher

here's the link, it might ask for your e-mail addy, just put it in and then un-check the box that says to send ya info, and all it will do is add a cookie (or whats the correct phrase for that? lol) anyhow, when youre in, click on the "building album sales chart" :)

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

SweetGBFan
11-27-2001, 04:38 PM
Garth is at 396,000 now. I did not expect him to overtake Creed. However, his numbers will keep him at the top of the country charts for awhile. So lets see 466,000 last week and 396,000 this week puts him around almost 900,000 in two weeks. I think he will platinum next week. Way to go Garth!!!!!

Garth_FANtasizer
11-27-2001, 04:50 PM
Very :cool: !

Thanks for keeping us up to date! :)

~Ann~

honky
11-27-2001, 07:30 PM
hey.. this is not bad at all ;)

This means that there are still a lot of people who haven't got the time to buy the album.

I don't expect Garth to maintain on top at all cuz Creed is so popular.. lol

But I do mind that Creed has just released their CD cuz the last time they did, Chris Gaines didn't do too well.. lol

So I guess Creed is a bad luck for Garth.. ahahahaaha

Tommy

happygirl
11-27-2001, 07:33 PM
hehehe these are the final #'s :)

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change
-- 1 CREED WIND-UP 882,401 --
WEATHERED
-- 2 VARIOUS VIRGIN 586,570 --
NOW VOL.8
2 3 BRITNEY SPEARS JIVE 453,778 +35%
BRITNEY
1 4 GARTH BROOKS CAPITOL NASHVILLE 441,804 -6%
SCARECROW
5 5 ENYA REPRISE 229,358 +44%

congratulations garth :)

Scarecrow
11-28-2001, 01:50 AM
I didn't expect Garth to beat out Creed but it should have beaten out the NOW 8 and Britney Spears. I can't wait for soundscan to release their numbers. I am also getting tired of the NOW series, it is getting old real quick I have not found much more than a couple of songs that I like off any of them.

honky
11-28-2001, 05:50 AM
look on the brighter side, Garth's sales did not go down that much from 490,000 to 440,000.. that's not bad at all for the second week's sale ;)

If the album persists selling this much for another 2 or 3 weeks, then the overall selling will be over 2 or even 3 millions. And don't forget, Garth had only shipped 3 million copies.. so judging from this pace, the rate of selling is not too bad ;)

Tommy

SweetGBFan
11-28-2001, 06:31 AM
Well thats okay. He still had a great selling week. I did not expect him to maintain the top spot on Billboard for very long. However, these figures will keep him on the top spot for country for a long time if he maintains it! Yahoo! That is wayyy more than any other country artist has sold. Should keep him on top for awhile.

You know people this is wonderful for someone who is NOT touring at this time to sell this much. Remember Christmas is coming! When DL and Sevens were released he was still touring so the numbers were very high. Also if you take into consideration that DL is a double CD the sales for it were only really around 500,000 for the first week. So I think our guy still has it. Gonna miss him!!!

BigGfan4life
11-29-2001, 08:26 AM
The one thing I wonder is that Garth's last TV special (the Enterprise one) drew in an estimated 8 million+ viewers. So, WHY haven't all of these Garth fans gone out and bought Scarecrow yet?! I wonder if they are afraid it will not be as good as the old stuff? Or maybe they were waiting to hear some songs from it, thinking he would do them on the TV specials?

Pilgrim
11-29-2001, 08:53 AM
Shannon, it's because he's "over the hill";)

People want newer artists now:)

Tour or no tour the past 4 years, these figures are extremely disappointing when you remind yourself we are talking about Garth here.
It's obvious now he don't have what it takes anymore.

Combined with a poor American econemy.

Brian

jstensig
11-29-2001, 03:06 PM
Musically he still has got what it takes!!!!!!:)

His best time has just passed.

Jakob

Garth_FANtasizer
11-29-2001, 04:15 PM
I think the sales are amazing for a country artist who still after 12 years in the business can debut #1 on the pop and country charts!

Lets see where these other artists with outstanding sales stand in a few years.

We can't expect every Garth CD to sell a million copies the first week. The best of the best (Billy Joel, Springsteen, McCartney, Elton John) don't do it... does that make them any less the greats?

Why not respect the numbers that it has already generated and marvel at the staying power this man has?

Every few years, Garth's competition changes. None of them that were in the top ten back in 89 are still there except Garth. Thats amazing folks!

I think it's time that we not put so much pressure on Garth to perform in the numbers game, but rather to put the pressure on him to keep making music.

~Ann~

SweetGBFan
11-29-2001, 10:42 PM
Brian,
Beleive me Garth still has what it takes!! He is still the top selling solo artists, he still sells out concerts, and last night proved that the guy is still adored by his fans. As far as country stars go Garth outsells everyone. Tim, Faith, Alan, George, Oh Brother noone beats his sales figures. The only one who possibly has a chance at coming close to his figures is Shania Twain.

Pilgrim
11-30-2001, 03:06 AM
Sweet,

I know HE is still adored by the fans, but are they adored by him??
I think the low sales prove they are not;)

Brian

honky
11-30-2001, 03:32 AM
hmmmmmmm... I think it's just a natural phenomenon.

Garth has been out for more than 12 years.. for anyone that still sells more than 2 millions (assuming from the rate of the sale) is amazing..

And besides, the selling is pretty constant.. and we'll see what the next week's sale would turn out to be.

Hey don't forget that Garth's best selling albums didn't start off with 700,000 sales figures.. they started off with an average of 350,000 to 450,000.. so who knows what would lead..

I still think it is pretty awesome for the sales figures.. without touring....

Tommy