PDA

View Full Version : not so nice scarecrow review

segerfan5150
11-27-2001, 01:59 AM
Hey everyone...found a not so nice review of Garth's latest cd. I think the guy misses the mark on it. Check the review out here and email the guy letting him know what ya think. I already told him what a jerk I think he is. :) Nothing like sending flame emails to wannabe critics.

http://www.empyrelounge.com/cd/garth_scarecrow.html

ADcrzy4GB
11-27-2001, 02:12 AM
No heart and emotion...did this guy actually listen to the CD???

Every single song has heart and emotion in it, and most have a deep personal meaning to them. Hello..."The Storm" Maybe this guy should listen to a CD before he tries to write a review for it. In my opinion this is one of his greatest CD's and I give it 5 stars, not a measly 2 and a half.

That guy is a loser and no one should listen to him.

-AMANDA BROOKE-

Nightfire_uk
11-27-2001, 06:59 AM
Puh!

"The upbeat country ditty ("Beer Run") opens the CD"

Maybe if he had listened to the album he would have figured out that Beer Run doesn't open the CD! duh !!

jstensig
11-27-2001, 11:59 AM
That's his opinion.

No reason to flame him for that.

Jakob:)

diem nash
11-27-2001, 01:46 PM
Itīs just someone else, who things, that he is important! ;)
If you e-mail him and shout, he exactly got, what he wanted. Believe me!!! Itīs an old story!
The real fans of Garth know the truth about this album!

Madeleine

serling307
11-27-2001, 07:07 PM
Yes, I also thought it was hilarious that "Beer Run" supposedly opened the album, in this guy's view . . .
And what was that crazy something about Osama's bunker??? This guy must have been drunk when he wrote the review . . .

kiwigbfan
11-27-2001, 09:18 PM
I hope that Scott Hamilton's misspelling of the word "country" (last line, first paragraph) is just a typo.

In my country, the first four letters of the way he spelt it is a very rude word. :o

Silly boy.....

Carey

segerfan5150
11-28-2001, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by serling307
Yes, I also thought it was hilarious that "Beer Run" supposedly opened the album, in this guy's view . . .
And what was that crazy something about Osama's bunker??? This guy must have been drunk when he wrote the review . . .

I actually thought that Osama thing was kinda funny...except the Chris Gaines thing wasnt really a bomb.

Garthfan92
11-28-2001, 07:05 PM
Since there was that little invitation at the bottom to share your thoughts on it, I sent an e-mail. A fairly nice one, but just saying he should listen to it some more, and without analyzing it. Just listen for the sake of enjoyment. He might find that heart and emotion he thinks are missing. We all know THEY'RE THERE!

Lisa

Sxycwgl999
12-12-2001, 03:07 PM
Hmmmm...wow...I really don't know how to put what I think into words. I believe that there was heart and emotion in every song of the CD. My favorite "The Storm" is full of it!! In my opinion. I know I'm a little behind on writing his email to him, cause I'm sure he's got plenty by now. I'm still trying to decide if I should write one or now. Granted he has the right to his own opinion, but still, I feel like I need to stand behind Garth and voice my opinion. Who know's reckon "that's just the cowboy in me"...hehe

"Get on and Ride"
Amy Jo

fuzzwuzz
12-15-2001, 01:41 AM
I already emailed Scott. Told him, them's fighting words. Left him a sample of crow to enjoy, with a promise of more of the same to come later at sundown. Heck, the sky seems to be getting full of them since the Scarecrow showed up in the field. Maybe I should have told him what that Scarecrow really is capable of against them crows that the movie never quite touches on from the original book. Too bad he didn't read it. He might have thought twice before he opened his mouth! Oh well. Guess he'll find out for himself.

countryLadywest
12-25-2001, 04:52 PM
??????????Kinda wierd.

cntrypoet
02-22-2002, 10:01 PM
red scots review, found in intresting

I found this review more telling the the auther, than the peach of work he was comisiond to cretique.

Most people find it offinsive that he noted "beer run" as the first track on the disk. The obveous conclusion about this fact is the azumtion that he did not pay atention to the disk! most will forget that this guy revies for a major publication, and probably goes through 4 or 5 disks and a fiew hours! I realy am not quite shure these people listen to the entierty of every song. Sad that thig guy couldn't at least look at the song llist to see what order they come in!

as for his asertions that "pushing up daysies" and "why ain't I running" are simply "going through the motions". it's obveous that he either lives his life in a buble, and knows nothing about loosing famly, or finding the one ytruly love!

I can acept that he does not apreciate the big picture that garth is toughing hearst in a way that only he can, but i would hope that he would alest pay atention to the words! I hate people who can teke a song that includes lyrics like "SO i draw my sourd for to figyht for my love; and without a wisper she slays me" and call it emotionless. If this guy and any apreciation fo lyric, or poetry for that matter he might have found it at least clever the garth uses a shasperian phrase in the song!

As for RODEO OR MEXICO this song does have emotion, though it iis to be experinced and is not conveighed at all. I personaly think it a satir song. If this guy had done a little studying the might have even noticed that this song is simaler to "thunder rools" insted of cheating on his wife, the make caricter holds a maried woman, and the husband thretens him!

I am suprised he didn't bother to mention "the storm" wich is the most significant song on this album, as it is the firthest break frome garths "standard" within his country geanra! whall all of his songs, even most on the Gains project, and writen it a strait forward style, where you actuly know whats goign on ant the sumbolism is explaind, this song leavs the intepitation completely up to the listner!

andrea
03-15-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by cntrypoet
red scots review, found in intresting

I found this review more telling the the auther, than the peach of work he was comisiond to cretique.

Most people find it offinsive that he noted "beer run" as the first track on the disk. The obveous conclusion about this fact is the azumtion that he did not pay atention to the disk! most will forget that this guy revies for a major publication, and probably goes through 4 or 5 disks and a fiew hours! I realy am not quite shure these people listen to the entierty of every song. Sad that thig guy couldn't at least look at the song llist to see what order they come in!

as for his asertions that "pushing up daysies" and "why ain't I running" are simply "going through the motions". it's obveous that he either lives his life in a buble, and knows nothing about loosing famly, or finding the one ytruly love!

I can acept that he does not apreciate the big picture that garth is toughing hearst in a way that only he can, but i would hope that he would alest pay atention to the words! I hate people who can teke a song that includes lyrics like "SO i draw my sourd for to figyht for my love; and without a wisper she slays me" and call it emotionless. If this guy and any apreciation fo lyric, or poetry for that matter he might have found it at least clever the garth uses a shasperian phrase in the song!

As for RODEO OR MEXICO this song does have emotion, though it iis to be experinced and is not conveighed at all. I personaly think it a satir song. If this guy had done a little studying the might have even noticed that this song is simaler to "thunder rools" insted of cheating on his wife, the make caricter holds a maried woman, and the husband thretens him!

I am suprised he didn't bother to mention "the storm" wich is the most significant song on this album, as it is the firthest break frome garths "standard" within his country geanra! whall all of his songs, even most on the Gains project, and writen it a strait forward style, where you actuly know whats goign on ant the sumbolism is explaind, this song leavs the intepitation completely up to the listner!

DemonicSymphony
12-08-2002, 02:56 PM
I agree but next time, send me that before you send it to someone else and I'll proof read it?

DemonicSymphony
12-08-2002, 05:40 PM
Something was brought to my attention and I would like to say the following: my offer was not meant to offend anyone (especially cntrypoet) and was genuine. The offer, in fact, stands for anyone.I not only have a vested intrest in English, but also have an English Ph.D as a roomate. Again I didn't mean to offend.

Vanessa
12-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Thanks making that clear :) welcome to PG :)

Vanessa :)

Skywise
12-09-2002, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by jstensig
That's his opinion.

No reason to flame him for that.

Jakob:)

Agreed on that- as when people post opinions on here, it's not a reason to flame them. This guy wrote his opinion- it's an opinion piece. a review-- let's get real here, do we think everyone's gonna like Garth's music? how naieve is that?

i don't agree with the majority of his review, but I can honestly (and openly) see some of the criticisms he's making..

garth_fan183
01-05-2003, 03:56 AM
First off the guy comes out and begins talking about country music's star. First off Garth is a well known name basically everybody I know love garth. But as for us not telling that guy what we think bout his review, he left a link for us to tell him.

Skywise
01-06-2003, 05:03 AM
Yah, and perhaps he's begging and looking for people to slam him, kinda like a reverse positive attention type thign..

It's HIS OPINION people.. not fact..

Snow
01-12-2003, 01:54 AM
He has a right to his opinion.... no matter how misguided *lol*. The readers of course have a right to tell him he's nuts as well. That's why they put the link there for people to e-mail.

I've learned a long time ago though, to just answer these kinds of things with silence. To a critic, silence is the worst thing. They LOVE to get reader response....... good or bad. It shows the publisher that the author is reaching people.

But if you just ignore it... then it is much more likely to cost the guy his job as 'no readers = no revenue or publicity'

If you HAVE to respond then I'd say it would be best to just send something to his editor or whoever runs the publication. Tell them that not only did this guy obviously not really listen to the CD he's criticizing, he didn't even do the bare research... otherwise he'd at least know the order of the songs on the CD. Then tell them that until they hire someone that knows what he's talking about, and actually knows how to research and write, you're no longer reading their publication. Don't get mad....... sound bored and annoyed.

Then the guy not only looks boring.... but stupid.