PDA

View Full Version : Scarecrow display!

MT4GB
11-23-2001, 05:25 PM
Scarecrow display!

Okay I ask one of the store manager if I could take our K-Mart Scarecrow display home with me today! She said since no more cds were in the display it was okay-btw after yesterday sale price finding Garth at our local K-Mart is hard-way to go Garth!

Then got off work try to put display in car-major GRRRRRRRRR! It would not fit! Got mad-went back to store and put it near the rain check room-hoping no one will throw it out-people looking at me funny in the parking lot! Went home got in the door and said I want that display and I will find a way of getting it home! My husband starts laughing and said that is the reason why I was a little late-he said I could put the front passenger seat down-GRRRRR! We will go and get for me! I said good luck putting it in the car!

Moral of this story-either figure out the way the seats move and find a way of getting a good used pick-up that the both of us can drive! Oh what I would not do to get Garth-even a Garth display in my home!

Oh okay now everyone who reads this-one good laugh and say-"Poor Nancy"! "What a loyal Garthnutt she is"! *ROFL*

Nancy-who now is laughing herself!

diem nash
11-23-2001, 05:33 PM
"What a loyal Garthnutt she is"! ;)

Big hugs!

Madeleine

DixieChick4GB
11-23-2001, 10:17 PM
I repeat, "what a loyal Garthnutt she is." And we all love her....:) :)
Elaine

ferretcrazy
11-23-2001, 11:11 PM
I want one toooo!!! Boo Hoo! My one K-Mart had nothing! gonna check the other one tomorrow.

Joan

MT4GB
11-24-2001, 10:34 AM
I am happy to report that my Garth display is sitting in my livingroom! My cats have been around it-they have to make sure it is okay! I had to wait to see if Gary got it home in one piece because he went to go pick it up-went to dialysis-then work last night!

I am sure I will be teased about this at work today-but I do not care-I have it! I do not know if he told anyone in the dialysis unit about this-I bet he was tempted to!

Joan good luck in your search to find one! Gary probably will want to put this in the shed but for right now it can stay in the livingroom where I can see Garth and the picture of the regular edition cover! Man does Garth looks good!

They have been trying Gary's new arm fustula out this week-I do not know if they have taken out his chest tubes last night! I hope so-the poor man has been through enough problems with his chest tubes! Everything looks good so far but they still have to be careful with the vein because it is still very delicate!

Nancy

diem nash
11-24-2001, 01:25 PM
Sorry for that stupid question! I waited till yet and tried to find out by reading. But what is a "Scarecrow-Display"? Is it a paper thing, which looks like the album?! I think so.

Well, and Nancy, my prayers go on! I hope, everything its gonna be alright with Gary!

Big hugs!

Madeleine

Paula
11-24-2001, 05:02 PM
I've been on a Scarecrow hunt but have yet to even see one that I could ask about getting. Either the stores around here didn't get any or some Garthnutt beat me to them.:(

Paula

sandytoo
11-24-2001, 09:59 PM
MT4GB - I had to fold mine back down to "pre-assembled" to get it in my car !! What a cool promo !!

PhillyLuvsGarth
11-24-2001, 10:18 PM
LOL, you guys are great!! I want one too!! lol, i can imagine my roommates faces when they walk in to the living room and see a garth brooks display! you should figure out a way to incorporate the display into your christmas decorations :)
~melissa

sandytoo
11-24-2001, 10:21 PM
Good idea, PhillyLuvsGarth !! Maybe I'll string some lights and garland around Garth !!

MT4GB
11-24-2001, 11:55 PM
Madeleine you are not asking a stupid question!

It is a tall display-about as tall as me-5'3"! On the top is a good size picture of Garth's regular edition cd cover then below that is a picture of a field then the American Online logo then all of Garth's cd covers! It has some slots in the display where the cds and cassettes were put in and a slot for the Dr. Pepper logo on the bottom!

Actually I wished I had the m-ms Christmas lights that we brought a couple of years ago-I could display them with Garth! But my in-laws threw them out! Right now Garth is next to some of my m-ms collectibles that I have collected over the years! I do have some Snoopy and Looney Tunes ornaments but the problem is if I put them on the display my two cats will be trying to get at them!

Could someone post a picture of the display for Madeleine to see? I wished I could but I have no way of doing it!

Nancy

GBGirl1
11-25-2001, 07:26 AM
Oh you are so lucky to have gotten your display! I am sooooo jealous!

I went to my local kmart to put first dibs on the standup display for Dr Pepper as soon as I saw it, spent 10 days on the phone with managers trying to find out if I could have it, what they do with it, etc... and then thinking OK, I almost have it here! It was a great standup of garth and his guitar w/ Dr. Pepper logo.

I went to Kmart on Friday and Garth was no where to be found in the pantry where he was standing just Wednesday. I went to the desk to see if they had set it aside for me and then the pantry manager comes up and says that Garth got knocked down, run over and all ripped up! :eek: Ooooh, I almost cried on the spot! :( All of my hard work for nothing!! I did run into a friend of mine who drives truck for Pepsi tho and asked him about it and he was gonna check and see for me! Who knows maybe....... :rolleyes:

So thats my sad story, but I am happy for all of you who managed to get Garth! :)

Mel

diem nash
11-25-2001, 09:08 AM
You are always sooo very kind!
Now I have an imagination about this Scarecrow display! And I am very, very happy, that you have yours yet! If somebody should have, than you! ;) You know, why!!!

Mel, I hope and pray for you (Like for everybody, who wants to have one.), that youll get it.

Well, I dont need one. Im looking for the original! ;)

RELAX!!! JUST A JOKE!!!

:) :) :)

Madeleine

MT4GB
11-25-2001, 01:45 PM
Madeleine thank you once again! I am with you-I would like the original Garth with me too!

Mel, I am so sorry about what happen to your display-that really stinks! They had the scarecrow display near the check-outs Friday so I was able to keep a close eye on him while working and plus the fact that I had put notes on him not to throw him away! So good luck and I hope you find one in good condition! Let us know if you do!

Nancy

diem nash
11-25-2001, 02:54 PM
;)

"I would like the original Garth with me too!"

NO! Hes mine! Lets fight about the "boy toy"! ;)

Oh wow! What am I doing here?! I start to turn to a garth nutt!!!
WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH ME?!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Well, whats my name?!

Ah, yes!

Madeleine

G-f
11-25-2001, 08:54 PM
No Garth stands to be found here so far :( They have a maybe foot high or less picture of him and on the other sides are other artist. You would think that if he made a deal with K-mart that they would HAVE to display it as they should. LOTS of CD's at K-Mart and WAlmart of both kinds. So guess it's not selling so great here. Can see where some have been taken and I had to explain to one lady the difference in the Limited Edition and the Regular CD. She said "Well, they have the same songs on them." I said "but the Limited Editions are suppose to be only so many of them made." So she got one of them too.
Hope sale do okay this week.
Tricia

Kayedarlin
11-26-2001, 10:57 PM
We currently have a Cal Ripkin Jr in our music room...and it scares me to death half the time!!! I forget he is there---and I think there is someone staring at me thru the stiarcase!!! Our dog just sat in front of it and stared for days when we got it!!!
It figures I am not going to get GARTH!!!! My husband has access to anything promotional & it's funny how SOMETHING I WANT--I NEVER SEEM TO GET!!!!! Didja happen to see the pigs flying thru the sky when he walked in the door with my autographed (and framed no less!) Billy Joel poster last week?? I think they had it on CNN!!!!! :)

Has anyone seen those new M&M stuffed dolls???!!! So cute!!! :)

Kaye:)