PDA

View Full Version : GMTV in UK

Nightfire_uk
11-23-2001, 05:25 AM
I was watching GMTV (morning television in UK) this morning and I saw Jackie Brambles do her entertainment spot which was all about J.Lo and Brad Pitt (yawn)....and I thought to myself "hold on a minute - Garth Brooks, the biggest selling solo artist, has just released his long awaited album, he's doing three TV specials, now why isn't she covering this!"

So Ive just emailed GMTVs Jackie Brambles to tell her that we want to see our man Garth on her entertainment slot - and I told her to visit this website so she can find out more!!

hehe :D

angelamccann
11-24-2001, 07:19 PM
Good for you :)

Don't forget to set your video for TOTP2 this week - 6pm Wednesday 28th November - Garth's listed on the lineup - I think it's WUIY!!

Angela x

Jude
11-25-2001, 01:42 PM
Hi Nightfire

When Garth was over in Dublin at Croke Park, Eamon Holmes was on the same flight from London as him. When they got off there were crowds of fans (obviously for Garth) and Eamon said how fantastic it all was. How nice Garth was to him and to all his fans and what a huge following he has in Ireland.

Why is it that the British press (not the country magazines) have a downer on Garth?

Whilst shopping I seen Scarecrow everywhere - so the stores must be expecting to sell them. My cd supplier said that Garth's Scarecrow had been their best selling cd this year!!!

I'll set my video for Wednesday - thanks Angela - does that mean I have to watch all the other 'stuff' as well though.

Nightfire_uk
11-26-2001, 10:26 AM
Thanks Angela for letting us know about Garth on TOTP2 - thats fantastic!! :)

Jude the story about Eamon Holmes and Garth is cool! Good ol' Garth! :)

I went into HMV a few days after Scarecrow came out to get another copy for my brother but I couldn't find any CDs anywhere!! I wasn't happy!

So I went back in there today, and as I was walking up the stairs, my ears were filled with "For a change I headed south across the border" ....they had Scarecrow playing!

And I'm glad to see they stocked up on his CDs now too!

KindanewGarthfan
11-26-2001, 03:49 PM
Thats so cool, I wish our branch would play it. :(
But hey get a copy,of the latest HMV Choice magazine, and theres a big article on Garth inside, including a full page picture of him, mmmmmmmmm........ I think im going to head back there tomorrow and get the rest,hehehe. They'll think im mad,lol

Hannah:)

kiwigbfan
11-26-2001, 09:47 PM
Is that the normal Top of the Pops? (which we do get)...

Or is it another version that we don't get? (surprise surprise) :)

Carey

KindanewGarthfan
11-27-2001, 08:36 AM
Hey Carey

TOTP2 doesn't play all the chart/ top 40 stuff that the normal TOTP's does. Instead it plays stuff from years ago, and stuff by people like Enya, ect... It plays quite abit of country stuff, such as Lonestar, Dixie Chicks, it played Sarah Evens the other week. But it does play some chart stuff.

Hope that helps. Its on, on a wednesday evening and a saturday afternoon here.

Hannah:)

angelamccann
11-27-2001, 07:22 PM
It's the Daily Mail magazine from Saturday which listed Garth on the lineup for TOTP2 - I checked a couple of other listings and they didn't include Garth, presumably because the people compiling the listings don't have Garth in their lives (let us pause for a moment in sympathy for these poor beknighted souls...). Fingers crossed the Mail is correct - Garth will probably be the last video played because that's the usual slot for new US country when it's shown on the programme. I'll just tape the whole thing and fast forward to Garth :)

Radio is doing quite well too - at least Ritz1035AM is playing a *lot* of Garth, and they have Scarecrow as the featured album this week. I'm sure I heard BBC Radio 2 were also featuring it. If you're outside the Ritz area and want to listen in, it's online at: http://www.ritz1035.com - they've been announcing WUIY as their most requested song too! Not to mention this Friday they're giving away Scarecrow CDs every hour from 10am to 10pm.

Angela x