PDA

View Full Version : Sorting out and making sence of all that is Chris Gains and the Lamb, Come Join In...

charmed1
05-12-1999, 12:34 PM
I kinda do. If you have not read it yet read the article on PG front page. It talks about how garth may realease all six albums that Gains has out at the time of the movie. Wierd I think. For all of you out there who have asked if Chris Gains will be appearing at Garths shows, the answer according to Garth is NO! He made a funny comment about that but i'll let you read that in the article. It also said that they played a few songs off of the 14 song <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><b>In the life of Chris Gains</b><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> and if you did not know Garth was singing you would not know he was singing. They said that the songs are patterned after Chris Gains band <b>CRUSH</b> Wierder is the name of the band. After you all read all the Gains info that has been coming out the past few days, let's all come here to this thred and sort all of this Chris Gains, The LAMB, stuff out. Maybe if we put our heads together we can make more sence out of all of this. Remember though we all have to buy the album go see the movie at the theater and buy the video. If anything else just to support GARTH all the way!! :D N

charmed1
05-12-1999, 12:48 PM
Sorry about the begining of the first post I changed the topic after I wrote the post body. The topic used to read [quote"do you think Garth is getting to wrapped up in this Chris Gains thing?"[/quote] That is where the "I kinda do" came from that is at the begining of the post above this one. Please once youve read the info that has been flooding out including the one on the Front Page, come and interpret and analyze it all on this thred and this new Chris Gains area(Brandon renamed "Upcoming Releases" at the awesome request of another PGer. I was thinking about requesting this area myself :D ) Hopfully this area(The Chris Gains area of course) will become a major location of new topics as new information becomes avalivle. I relly am looking fowerd to seeing what you guys take on all of this is! :)<P> Charmed1N

kristen166
05-12-1999, 12:50 PM
I know what you mean it has been confusing for me. I have read about five articles, and all five were very differnt and said differnt things, which doesn't help with the confusion. I kinda understand what Garth is doing, he is creating a fictional character and putting a life together for the guy for the movie and music, I love what he is doing, and support him 100% because he is just pretending and acting. :) He is also producing the movie with some other people and I just know it will be good. :) N

BigGfan4life
05-12-1999, 01:17 PM
I am really excited about the album and the movie :) But, I just have two statements...the album and the movie should be released almost simultaneoulsly in order to make a big impact and to make people want to go see the movie, right? I mean, of course we will all go see it, but I just don't think it makes sense to release the album this year and then release the movie possibly late next year (maybe later?). Also, it's gonna be weird listening to Garth, yet he doesn't SOUND like Garth. Ya know what I mean? He just has this silky-smooth, almost perfect voice, and supposedly it won't even sound like him. Oh well, I won't let that discourage me...he says that Gaines sounds "younger"...now I am even more interested cause you never really hear anyone say they sound younger :D Ok, I am done babbling now...N

Cheryl
05-12-1999, 01:23 PM
From what I have read and heard so far, I think the Chris Gains story goes something like this:<P>Chris was part of a three member band named Crush. He persuses his own solo career after the band's lead singer dies. He goes on to be a rock/pop susperstar of the 80s-90s. He has to fight for what he believes in, and in the end, it cost him his life. He is killed by a crazed fan. After he dies, he is "1000 times bigger" than he would have been had he lived. <P>As far as my take of Garth's involvement:<BR>He wants people to know who CG is before the movie comes out. He wants CG to have his own fans. And, knowing Garth like we do, I would say that he is going to pour his heart and soul into this project. It is my understanding of what I've read that the first "In the Live of Chris Gains" album will be a greatest hits package, spanning the past 15 years. The soundtract will be released with the movie. And, maybe, he will go back and record the first 4-5(?) albums that would have lead up to the greatest hits. I would guess that the future releases are his long term goals at this point.<P>Personally I am really excited about this project. I'm not worried that we will lose Garth to Chris Gains. Not for one second. Not one little bit. I'm looking forward to see how he pulls this off........he is gonna be taking us on quite a ride, and I can't wait to get started! :) N

charmed1
05-12-1999, 01:35 PM
I agree with all that has been said. What I want to know though is why Garth pushed it back to October. I mean he should have most of the songs recorded. After all he played some at the Press Comfrence. He has a title, and he has already had the cover image shot. So I don't know what could be delaying the release date. Why do you think?N

Cheryl
05-12-1999, 01:37 PM
BigGfan...I think we were typing at the same time! About releasing the album almost a year ahead of time......I think the reason for this is to give it enough time for Chris Gains to build a fan base. In one of the articles, it said that details of CG's life and career would be included in the liner notes. So, my guess is, that the idea behind releasing it ahead of time is to give people plenty of time to get to know this music....and to have them eagerly awaiting more....to make them more excited about the movie. So, when the movie does come out, people aren't still saying "who the heck is Chris Gains?" Just my .07! :)N

Cheryl
05-12-1999, 01:44 PM
charmed1......I dont think he gave a reason for the delay in any of the articles I read. I suspose it could be any number of reasons. My guess is that it isn't quite finished, or maybe Garth and crew felt they needed more time to stir up interest and promote it. It's anybody's guess at this point, and we may never be told why. I was disappointed with the longer wait, too. Maybe Garth is trying to kill us all with suspense!!! :)N

charmed1
05-12-1999, 01:53 PM
I agree with the die in suspence thing ha ha. What do you guys think of Garth's(<b>AKA</b> Chris Gains's) look in the cover photo of ITLOCG(In the life of Chris Gains)?N

boppityboo
05-12-1999, 02:29 PM
I am really looking forward to all this Chris Gaines thing. Just think, in about 2-3 years from now, we will know everything and we will have to explain things all over again to newbies. :) Not that I mind one bit. I love talking about Garth. lol.<P>As for Charmed1's question on what Chris looks like. I never would have thought I would describe anything related to Garth in this adjective. But since I know it is just make-up and you can never hide those baby blues..... CREEPY... yet kinda sexy... lol. creepy and sexy at the same time... only with Garth. lol<P><BR>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

kristen166
05-12-1999, 05:21 PM
Crook and Chase just had Garth on about his press conference and showed a little bit if it. The movie will be out in fall 2000. About a year and and a few months. YIPPY :)N

Denise4Garth
05-13-1999, 08:21 AM
Well heres my 2 cents...<BR>Have any of you seen the movie<b>Eddie and the Cruisers</b>? Thats a movie I thought of when I heard about The Lamb. I also believe this introduction to Chris Gaines is to make him famous before he dies. Kinda like the Michael Landon movie they made...Garth wants us to be interested in a [b]STARS[b/] life. I am also wondering if Garth will stage Chris Gaines death before he releases the movie. You know...create the character...make him famous...kill him...then make a movie. What do you think? <BR>Also...my personal opinion...I find it hard to believe we wont recognize [b]something[b/] in Garths voice. It took a minute, but after staring at the picture I actually saw Garth in CG. I'm sure after listening for a while we will catch that distinctive sound of Garths.<BR>Peace nd God Bless, Denise<BR>PS...Thanx Brandon for this forum!!!N

honky
05-13-1999, 12:04 PM
<b>charmed1</b>,<P>HOLY, I didn't visit this forum yesterday and I am so surprised to see this number of posts ;) VERY COOL!! Like you said, GO OUT AND BUY THE CD!! WATCH THE MOVIE!! AND VIDEOS!!....LOL<P>As far as Chris Gaines, I am kinda confused, but I am sure that when the album comes out, everything will be more clear.<P>I think this Garth is trying to build up a NEW PERSON, who doesn't exist on this world. He is portraying the image of CG as if this guy really exist....Hmmmmm.. what in the world this idea comes from? VERY INTERESTING!! <P>TommyN

kristen166
05-13-1999, 04:22 PM
Hey guys<P>I just read from another board that the album ws delayed because there are only eight tracks recorded. :) I think there is 14 songs on the whole album, so he has quite a few more sons to record and I am sure he is taking his time since it is a whole diffrent sound and everything. :)N

Oakley
05-14-1999, 01:48 PM
When I first saw the picture of Chris Gaines I too thought he was creepy looking. I thought "NO WAY, that can't be Garth!" But I could see Garth in this picture. The nose and the mouth of CG say "hello, I'm really Garth under here!!" I don't know what to think of this look, I'm not sure that I like it. <P>SarahN

Oakley
05-14-1999, 02:30 PM
I understand all I need to know about this CG stuff for now. Who is producing and release dates and all that kind of stuff is beyond me, my nose is so plugged that I don't think my brain is getting sufficient oxygen, so this is a little much for me to take in right now, but I have to say that I can't wait for any new albums of Garth's to come out, and I can't wait to see this movie.<P>SarahN

charmed1
05-14-1999, 02:31 PM
I agree, (Oakley I answered your questions in your questions thred)<P>Do any of you know anything about Garth's <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><b>The Red Strokes Entertainment</b> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I have herd it mentioned before but I don't know that much about it. What does the LOGO look like? How did Babyface get into all of this? Thanks for any answers any of you can provide! :D N

jwade
05-14-1999, 04:31 PM
I think Chris Gaines is Garth being the marketing master that he is. We're all going to be so intrigued we're going to go running to the records stores, movie theaters, etc...He has proven a zillion times what a genius he is at this stuff.<BR>Personally, I find it all really interesting and am already ready to hear and see more!!N

charmed1
05-14-1999, 04:43 PM
Hello PGers,<P>I just wanted to pass along what another PGer made a topic about in the main forum they said that there is going to be an NBC special in September with Chris Gains. Not many deatails have been released. Again it will be Chris Gains. What is interesting about this is that we do not know wether he will be Chris Gains as if he were real or Garth talking about acting the charicter of Chris Gains in The Lamb. What woud be neat is if Garth sang some songs off of ITLOCG. After all the special will be in September and with the album release in October now that sounds like a time for him to plug and generate interest in the history making albums release. It is so cool what Garth is doing advertising the movie and it's music in a way never been done before, and a year before the realease. No date has been set to my knowledge. This whole movie thing is so cool!!! :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :) :D :) :D :) !!! Have I expressed myself well enough??<BR> Charmed1<BR>P.S. <BR>Please give some info on The Red Strokes Entertainment(Please look above at my previous post) N

dj
05-15-1999, 03:57 AM
Well something I want to know is who wrote The Lamb? Did Garth write the story? Was this a book that was ever published? or was it written as a screen play to begin with? Maybe some of you will know.<BR>djN

Palle
05-15-1999, 01:15 PM
<b>dj</b><P>The only thing in this project I find too risky, is that the story should be written by Jeb Stuart (I guess it is written to the screen). Jeb Stuart has some big boxoffice movies on his hand, like: 48 HRS. / ANOTHER 48 HRS. / DIE HARD ( :)) / THE FUGITIVE ( :)) and FIRE DOWN BELOW. What makes me worried is that all these are actionmovies, and thats not what I think The Lamb should be. But then Garth is in the project, so I know it will turn out GREAT :DN

dj
05-16-1999, 04:36 AM
PALLE<BR> Thanks for trying to answer my questions.<BR>I know that alot of times a book is written by one person, then if a movie is made a different person writes the screen play for it. So did the idea for this story line come originally from Redstrokes entertainment or from somewhere else?<BR>djN

Palle
05-16-1999, 03:11 PM
<b>dj</b><P>Your right. It is very seldom a book and the screenplay is written by the same person. But I don't think that The Lamb has ever been out as a novel. The story is too hard to tell in a book, as the music is a major part of it all (I think! As I don't know the story I am only guessing ;)). I think it is a story that Garth want to tell, and I think he figured out the most of the story himself.<BR>But I'll look out for a book, I am working in a bookstore so I'll look it up when I return to work Tuesday.N

fuzzwuzz
05-26-2002, 12:55 AM
I don't know about Garth but this fan is totally wrapped up in Chris till the end. :)